7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Pepe Silvia

Too fragile. Lacks the mental strength to play for a club like us. I don't like his body language at all.
Trash comment. He has performed at world class level for Liverpool and Brazil for years before Barcelona. He is full of mental strength and championship mentality he just knows he's playing for someone who doesn't count on him for whatever reason. Same mysteries as to why Rakitic can't be subbed, why Suarez can't be benched, etc..Valverde has created an ambiguity with fans and players before Coutinho. Now the player has to find his way like others who were counted out like Dembouz and Semedo. If we had a fan base who support their players, maybe we'd get a few awesome performances from Coutinho instead he gets whistled and jeered. Making things near impossible. I have tons of faith in the lad.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Trash comment. He has performed at world class level for Liverpool and Brazil for years before Barcelona. He is full of mental strength and championship mentality he just knows he's playing for someone who doesn't count on him for whatever reason. Same mysteries as to why Rakitic can't be subbed, why Suarez can't be benched, etc..Valverde has created an ambiguity with fans and players before Coutinho. Now the player has to find his way like others who were counted out like Dembouz and Semedo. If we had a fan base who support their players, maybe we'd get a few awesome performances from Coutinho instead he gets whistled and jeered. Making things near impossible. I have tons of faith in the lad.

It's not trash at all if you look closely at his career.

Liverpool had no expectations of winning trophies while he was there and he only became a key player for Brazil recently before the World Cup during its qualifiers. Go back to every Liverpool season and ask yourself if even you thought Liverpool would be a top 3 team for any trophy they were playing for? Heck they couldn't even keep their cool vs. Sevilla in a Europa League final, the only trophy people expected Liverpool would win, but even then their mental fragility cost them a trophy.

It's certainly plausible he's having issues with the expectations that came with his price + the consistency and expectations demanded in Barcelona where you're regarded as a serious contender for every trophy.

Like Alexis Sanchez he might simply be a big fish in a small pond kind of player. Coutinho wouldn't be the first high profile player or someone regarded as a World Class talent to underperform at a club of Barcelona's stature due to being unable to deal with the pressure of playing in such a team.

His attitude and body language is bad and was so before he was benched for Dembele too.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Trash comment, to be expected from someone so delusional.
What mental strength and championship mentality? can i have what you're smoking?
Coutinho and consistency is like saying catholic school girl and virgin.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Too fragile. Lacks the mental strength to play for a club like us. I don't like his body language at all.

Agreed, the body language is an odd one - confidence appears shaken and of course he could turn it around but I see a non-factor when he is on the pitch much less on the ball. Much prefer to see Dembele or Alena play instead of him

Reality is plain to see and has happened for other players over the years, sometimes the jump to Barcelona is too difficult to make the grade and that is what I am seeing atm. He has been here 15 months and has never looked like a player who demands minutes or attention from the defense

Messigician

In pics everyone is smiling, especially Vidal except for Coutinho. I think he has some major off the field problem. When you're not happy you cannot perform anywhere close to your best.

Personal issues? Or does he regret leaving liverpool now that they've improved?

FCB1987

Banned
In pics everyone is smiling, especially Vidal except for Coutinho. I think he has some major off the field problem. When you're not happy you cannot perform anywhere close to your best.

He may also look unhappy with the team because he's underperforming so badly.

Raki13

Hes pissed off , unhappy because of the grief he is getting from the media and fans when he really should be ignoring it all and concentrating on his play. Nothing to do with leaving Liverpool , where he was also inconsistent.
Guy has been a terrible waste of money and we should get rid at the end of the season while folk will still pay good money for him.

BarçaBarça

I hope that is it, because they are on their way to bottle it, so he can become great for us any minute now! :coffee:

Hes pissed off , unhappy because of the grief he is getting from the media and fans when he really should be ignoring it all and concentrating on his play. Nothing to do with leaving Liverpool , where he was also inconsistent.
Guy has been a terrible waste of money and we should get rid at the end of the season while folk will still pay good money for him.

Are you trolling? Modric was voted Reals worst buy 1/2 a season in. Let's not rule him out before he has had some success here, and still dips back into invisibility.
I'd say he needs 3 games in a row with goals or assists, if he still performs below-par after that, then we can worry.

Raki13

I hope that is it, because they are on their way to bottle it, so he can become great for us any minute now! :coffee:

Are you trolling? Modric was voted Reals worst buy 1/2 a season in. Let's not rule him out before he has had some success here, and still dips back into invisibility.
I'd say he needs 3 games in a row with goals or assists, if he still performs below-par after that, then we can worry.

Seen enough of him to realise hes not good enough to play in this league. Hes not alone there have been plenty in the past who looked the part in other leagues but couldnt do it in LaLiga.

Pepe Silvia

Like Alexis Sanchez he might simply be a big fish in a small pond kind of player. Coutinho wouldn't be the first high profile player or someone regarded as a World Class talent to underperform at a club of Barcelona's stature due to being unable to deal with the pressure of playing in such a team.
He was our third best player behind Messi and Ter Stegen when he first arrived, so it's not a matter of his mentality or his performances. At Liverpool, yes he was inconsistent, but he played brilliantly a lot of the time and provided creativity, passing and finishing same as when he first got to Barca. It's a matter of finding his bearings once again having been thrown from his rhythym by Valverde. Glad there is seemingly a method to EV madness that has sparked drive in other players who were left for dead, and I'll hope that Coutinho will react in the same way.

His body language suggests someone who is bummed out because he knows he can play way better. Far as I can see, he has the support of his teammates, always hugging them and latest with Malcom b-day pics. The fans is another story altogether.

Home of Barca Fans