7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

El Barcelona

This RMC journalist seem to be suggesting PSG might be in for Coutinho :thinking:

[tw]1088122075057963009[/tw]
But can they afford him, that's the question. Tuff decision to make this summer if his form didn't improve, sell or give him another year with possibly a lower transfer fee when he keeps struggling.

Gari

PSG plan to take revenge on Barça for buying Frenkie de Jong. There is a total war between the two clubs and the Parisian club will focus their efforts on bringing Philippe Coutinho to Paris. [rmc]

Jombi

But can they afford him, that's the question. Tuff decision to make this summer if his form didn't improve, sell or give him another year with possibly a lower transfer fee when he keeps struggling.

Also, his effect on our play if he doesn't perform would be serious. Just look at Cesc's three seasons with us.

Another issue is that the team could use pace and off the ball movement, both now and next season. We have Dembele but more players like that would be beneficial, not a slow player who wants the ball at his feet.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

If QSG or any other club offers what we bought him for, a bit less or even a bit more, it should be a no brainer. At least if I were to decide his fate based on his player profile, him not fitting the team or system etc. However I would give him, at least, this season before I would make any final judgements. However it does not look. It never did hence my opposition to him and predicting many of the current struggles of his that we see currently 1 year before we bought him. An absurd transfer. Liverpool really did a marvelous job there.

I would love for QSG to buy Coutinho. They won't afford his release clause and we won't see for less than we bought him for or much less at least if their interest in genuine.

Let their "war" against us continue. I would offer them Rakitic on a plate as well for dessert.:lol:

Last edited:

Saladin

PSG plan to take revenge on Barça for buying Frenkie de Jong. There is a total war between the two clubs and the Parisian club will focus their efforts on bringing Philippe Coutinho to Paris. [rmc]

LOL. The ULTIMATE revenge, give us 160-200 mil. euros for Coutinho who is pure dogshit as of late and watch us funnel that money into getting De Ligt for 80-90 mil and Hazard for the remaining 80 (he is worth that even with a year left on his contract come this summer). Instant upgrade.

Leo_Messi

LOL. The ULTIMATE revenge, give us 160-200 mil. euros for Coutinho who is pure dogshit as of late and watch us funnel that money into getting De Ligt for 80-90 mil and Hazard for the remaining 80 (he is worth that even with a year left on his contract come this summer). Instant upgrade.

Spot on. Although Hazard looks RM bound and he is not getting any younger (28.5 years old when he moves this summer) but nobody can deny him being a genuine world class talent but I believe that the train has passed and that his best year are behind him. However he is a player that I was calling for when he played in Lille. IMO, we would need to look elsewhere should we manage to sell Coutinho.

In any case, I don't really believe that QSG has much interest in Coutinho unless Neymar is "demanding" his arrival and pressuring their board to buy him. I could very well see such a situation unfolding.

serghei

I would sell him to PSG for 140m. He was expected to provide immediate great performances, and he's not doing that.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
If PSG are really smart they should activate the clause of the guy that sent them home : Sergi "Carlos" Roberto. Worth every penny of that 500 Mil. :coffee:

Givenchy

off topic but we really need to do something about MaTS release clause.. best GK in the world when hes in form and 180mil in this market..

Home of Barca Fans