7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Arizona Scott

He needs to play Central with Busquets and Arthur. Let him do the Messi job in the middle and allow the three front guys to wreck havoc. Suarez needs replacing sooner or later though.

I think Arthur and Coutinho should be played with 2 of Busi, Rakitic and Vidal.

Coutinho did start during the 2 best performance of the year, thrashing of Spurs in London, and Real in Madrid. He also played better than Dembele last year despite limited to league and CDR.

His confidence is low, but there is a lot of impatience and short term memories on the forum. Personally I'd like to see him get a chance next to Vidal + Busi or Rakitic in midfield, with Messi, Suarez and Dembele as more forward outlets. Maybe Alba and the RB (Semedo?) can't be quite as aggressive moving forward, but give it a shot.

Raki13

TB:

When people here claimed he was a better fit for us than neymar. Legendary stuff

When we were signing him a couple of the resident experts on here were saying hes the best midfielder on the planet.
Guy has been a flop and a ridiculous waste of cash.

serghei

Sell Coutinho or get rid of Valverde. This match is not working out. We didn't pay 160m. for a back-up LW. It's like Mourinho - De Bruyne, some managers don't pair well with a certain type of player.

Keep him if Valverde won't continue and let some other manager try to fit him in our side. Until then Coutinho has no other option than to try to give everything no matter where the manager puts him. So far I don't like his attitude.

Last edited:

Ritchie

Sell Coutinho or get rid of Valverde. This match is not working out. We didn't pay 160m. for a back-up LW. It's like Mourinho - De Bruyne, some managers don't pair well with a certain type of player.

Keep him if Valverde won't continue and let some other manager try to fit him in our side. Until then Coutinho has no other option than to try to give everything no matter where the manager puts him. So far I don't like his attitude.

Valverde is an idiot

Zidane82

Manchester United have opened talks to sign former Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona. (Source: Manchester Evening News)

CatalinR10

He can't do much from the bench to be fair

he can't do much in the field either

giphy.gif

Donatello

He needs to start playing in midfield simple as that...

Its quite obvious, unless he moves to midfield he will have to play on the expense of Dembele, which is quite foolish because you can't leave him out either. Plus, Dembele is much better at LW than Coutinho, so no way he plays LW.

Either he needs to start playing in midfield or should move on. Because despite how good he is, if we can't use him properly, he is going to be just wasted. He can have a wonderful career, but if its not midfield, he should move to some other club.

Home of Barca Fans