7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

clemente

If you really look into it when he overdribbles, his options are Alba, offside Suarez, Messi behind 3 players, and thats it, thats why it works for Dembele to sprint forward with his speed and doesn't for Coutinho to dribble through 5 players.

Givenchy

cant really deduct anything from todays outing but i guess EV really does see him as a LW now

hilariously i heard United might be interested in Coutinho, we could take them to the cleaners

Richard.H

He simply is not a good fit for EV Stoke/Watford offense. Surprisingly, I think he would’ve done really well under someone like Lucho who liked stretching the field

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Looks desperate to score a goal and that is affecting his game big time. He is so far from his best right now, it’s terrible to watch.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
cant really deduct anything from todays outing but i guess EV really does see him as a LW now

hilariously i heard United might be interested in Coutinho, we could take them to the cleaners

lol what? thats seems like bs to me. They need a RW not a LW and he's currently not good enough to play in the middle.
They also dont have a set manager so i doubt they'd be moving for anyone like coutinho.

SeloBarca

If you cant get something out of a player of Coutinhos calibre, thats totally the coaches fault.
Ive seen many bad coaches, but Valverde is the worst coach ive ever seen when it comes to player management and tactics...and pretty much everything else.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think Dembele has cemented his place as a starting LW in EV's set-up. I hope, at least. It is clear by now that EV does not plan on using Coutinho as a CM, though that might change (the possibility is very low nevertheless). If EV stays for the next season, we should sell Coutinho. If EV goes, Coutinho should stay and play as a midfielder under a new manager.

viper76

If you cant get something out of a player of Coutinhos calibre, thats totally the coaches fault.
Ive seen many bad coaches, but Valverde is the worst coach ive ever seen when it comes to player management and tactics...and pretty much everything else.

+100%

serghei

I think Dembele has cemented his place as a starting LW in EV's set-up. I hope, at least. It is clear by now that EV does not plan on using Coutinho as a CM, though that might change (the possibility is very low nevertheless). If EV stays for the next season, we should sell Coutinho. If EV goes, Coutinho should stay and play as a midfielder under a new manager.

Pretty much how I see it too.

Joan

he looks low on confidence. In an ideal world he would get a couple of games at CM, but with the number of midfielders we have I just do not see it.

I've always seen him as a confidence driven player. Back in his Liverpool days as well. Could argue he's been inconsistent. I bet he'll score a goal or two and things will start going his way again. But, can't see him place in the squad. Bar some 4-2-3-1 variant.

Home of Barca Fans