7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He played okayishly, but was losing plenty of balls with careless passing and dribbling. That's his biggest weakness for us too. I understand the hollywood long shot attempts, but he is not "tidy" enough to be a proper CM. You get the feeling that he can lose the ball any time, no safety in retaining it. That works when you are a winger, but if we insist on using him in midfield he needs to sort it out.

Vilarrubi

He played okayishly, but was losing plenty of balls with careless passing and dribbling. That's his biggest weakness for us too. I understand the hollywood long shot attempts, but he is not "tidy" enough to be a proper CM. You get the feeling that he can lose the ball any time, no safety in retaining it. That works when you are a winger, but if we insist on using him in midfield he needs to sort it out.

I think that was because they were 2-0 down most of the game, obviously the pressure is on and he takes more risks. He was still the only one to create anything against Belgium.

fergus90

Reactionary nonsense.

People put too much stock into the World Cup. International football is impossible to compare to club football. Not to mention the limited sample size and uncontrollable variables.

This tournament doesn't prove that he's any better or any worse than he was before the WC started.

Not a top 5 player yet. In that range between 5-15 depending on your opinion.

I agree, since this whole Messi vs Ronaldo debate started 10 years ago and it turned into a Balon D’or contest people are obsessed with numbers and who’s the best. One bad game you’re over rated or shit or 5 good games you’re the best in the world.

Take me back to when a world class player was just a world class player. It’s impossible to be great all the time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He did well or okay. Had some poor and frustrating moments, but they went 2-0 down and he was the only creative player out there with Neymar. Coutinho had to take risks which leads to losing the ball more often.

Still a great player and should play as an AM for Barca. Hopefully we sign an energetic, dynamic midfielder to complement him. Lacks the burst of pace to play as a LW and having his creative spark in the midfield would really help getting the ball forward so Messi doesn't have to drop deep all the time.

I feel a lot of people here expect perfection week in and out, but no player is perfect.

Morten

He really likes to shoot, doesnt he?
He did okay, great assist, but most of the time he either passed it out wide, or cut inside to shoot(right into the wall of Belgium players).

ab739

Besides the sole assist wasn't anywhere near good. Only Marcelo, Douglas costa, and at times neymar seemed to create any danger

Laplacian

I've said it again and I'll keep saying it even more, Coutinho is not a midfielder. If he struggles playing in an AM role in international football, where the pressing and general quality of football is worse, imagine it against well drilled clubs. Lmao this Barcelona team is going to be so unbalanced it's going to be hilarious.

FC433

He was playing as a LCM the entire tournament and actually did quite well. Two goals and two assists + two POTM. Does not mean much, but promising, at least for me because I never thought he could play as a CM.

We should also acknowledge that he played alongside Paulinho and Casemiro/ Fernan; therefore, I expect him to play better with Rakitic/ Arthur.

Barcilliant

I'm not judging him based on this world cup because he has done very well for us.

Only player who is more direct and willing to shoot from distance. I personally think he is a left sided forward who can play in the midfield if required.

If Paulinho leaves I'd like to see a big, skilled, physical b2b player. That's what we're lacking. The Arthur signing is supposedly done and dusted so we have a controller. What we need now is a quality b 2b player. Fabinho would have been brilliant but Liverpool have snapped him up.

TitoTata

Banned
He was playing as a LCM the entire tournament and actually did quite well. Two goals and two assists + two POTM. Does not mean much, but promising, at least for me because I never thought he could play as a CM.

We should also acknowledge that he played alongside Paulinho and Casemiro/ Fernan; therefore, I expect him to play better with Rakitic/ Arthur.

Very good points !!

Maybe somebody better than Rakitic but I agree with your reasoning

Home of Barca Fans