7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Kuchi

Class is evident. Just what we needed, as in a player that can control the ball and release on time as he is dealing with defenders.

Great transfer. And yea..dembouz should be sold..vermallen has that spot taken. Trololol

BBZ8800

As a sub, he is going to be devastating. After the starters wear out the defense, Coutinho will come in for the last half hour, just go right around the tired defenders. I think he can sub at either forward or midfield. No one can be a Messi replacement, but Coutinho has to be first choice to give Messi a break late in games. Bring him in off the bench, or replace Coutinho in midfield as Coutinho replaces Messi up front.

He is already a 2nd best player in our team and clearly has skills, IQ, huge high level experience and fits our system.
He can't be a sub.

Our midfield from now on is:
1. Coutinho
2. Busquets
And 2 other guys available on that day.

KingLeo10

He is already a 2nd best player in our team and clearly has skills, IQ, huge high level experience and fits our system.
He can't be a sub.

Our midfield from now on is:
1. Coutinho
2. Busquets
And 2 other guys available on that day.

also coutinho is enough of a ball-dominant beast to allow paulinho to be a starter.

my midfield 4 would be busquets coutinho rakitic paulinho. that midfield would dominate any other in the world. suarez messi is enough firepower on top with paulinho getting to all second balls.

serghei

The shock people will have when Dembele is back as well. :lol: Will be glorious. Some already started to call him a flop.

Dembele is probably the best or 2nd best talent in the world in terms of ceiling and potential. And Coutinho is one of the best 10 players in the world atm, and just as good of a player as De Bruyne and a bit better than Hazard.

Pepe Silvia

Messi will win his 6th this year with a major club title with or without WC. Pending some kind of freak shit form where it falls on his shoulders that ARG crash out.

xXKonan

What a difference 6 months had made, considering Neymar saga and the transfer saga's with Dembele and Coutinho and losing Dembele due to injury and losing to Real badly in the Supercopa. How things turned around since then.

Our squad is looking great with the addition of Coutinho and Yerry in January. Coutinho from what he has shown yesterday gives me so much hope for the future of our Midfield. Can't wait to see more of him.

Pedro

La Masia
One thing is that Brazilians don't last too long at FC Barcelona, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Neymar are 3 examples. Hope the same doesn't happen with Coutinho.

xXKonan

On the flip side there's Rivaldo who was a professional and worked hard through out his career. Coutinho strikes me as a guy that will be like Rivaldo in that way, always professional and won't be distracted by off field stuff like partying etc.

Messi983

Adriano and Sylvinho were true professionals too. It's true they were not stars though.

I have no worries that Cou would go Ronaldinho or Neymar way. He's a familly guy and will probably start to hang around with Suarez and Messi soon.

behindbrowneyes

One thing is that Brazilians don't last too long at FC Barcelona, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Neymar are 3 examples. Hope the same doesn't happen with Coutinho.

Ronaldo = playboy
Ronaldinho = playboy
Neymar = playboy

Coutinho = family man
That's one of the reasons he will fit very well into our team. Most of our players are married and have little kids. Therefore, they prefer a calmer life apart from the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans