7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

SocalBarcaFan

Neymar is a better, more feared/unpredicable player. Coutinho is absolutely World Class but Neymar is better no doubt. Coutinho just doesn't ruin it tho with excessive indulgence on the ball and the need to be the center of attention all the time. Far better for us from a balance stand point. Neymar seemed to add, but also subtract a lot at the same time. At first I was hurt, but now I'm glad that motherfucker left. We're better off.

Never thought about it that way but I totally agree. I was a big defender of Neymar but I gotta admit he would infuriate me when he wouldn’t make the simple play when it was needed. Coutinho seems to be the perfect balance of flair with team play. Can’t wait to see him start.

xXKonan

While he still needs some time to adapt to the team, his performance was so slick in a good way. It seems like we finally got ourselves a legit successor to Iniesta if everything goes as expected.

Total-Football

great debut. looked assured on the ball. dembele in contrast looks sort of nervous and tentative still, but coutinho got right down to doing work in a measured way. i am so excited to see him grow and become more intentive

This.

Also it puts to rest myths like rough diamonds and the need of years to perform. It took Countinho 20 minutes to impress more than Dembélé has ever done.

Horatio

You're welcome
This.

Also it puts to rest myths like rough diamonds and the need of years to perform. It took Countinho 20 minutes to impress more than Dembélé has ever done.

It doesn't put those myths to rest. Neymars first season compared to his second prove that.
Also Coutinho is older than Dembele and beneifts from his experience in PL.

Devils

This.

Don't believe there is enough space for a TV to watch football inside of Neymar's rectum, seeing as your head already occupies most of the space in there.

Total-Football

It doesn't put those myths to rest. Neymars first season compared to his second prove that.
Also Coutinho is older than Dembele and beneifts from his experience in PL.

I might have written something which was not exactly what i wanted to convey. You're right, he can improve, however, i just don't like juking people into an opinion that is false. Let's save the praise and the ass kissing until the player has actually proved himself. Then we can all happily kiss his ass.

Gomes was playing horribly since day 1. some called the spade a spade since the very beginning, a lot were calling him a rough diamond. Not after a couple of games but after 20 games !!! I remember a lot of those posters, of course now they gave up and joined the realm of truth.

Until Dembélé starts playing well, he doesn't earn my praise. He needs to improve massively or he has no business starting. This mini rant is about the lack of objectiviy amongst the fans.

Jombi

I might have written something which was not exactly what i wanted to convey. You're right, he can improve, however, i just don't like juking people into an opinion that is false. Let's save the praise and the ass kissing until the player has actually proved himself. Then we can all happily kiss his ass.

Gomes was playing horribly since day 1. some called the spade a spade since the very beginning, a lot were calling him a rough diamond. Not after a couple of games but after 20 games !!! I remember a lot of those posters, of course now they gave up and joined the realm of truth.

Until Dembélé starts playing well, he doesn't earn my praise. He needs to improve massively or he has no business starting. This mini rant is about the lack of objectiviy amongst the fans.

Neither Dembele nor Coutinho deserve praise or criticism.

Horatio

You're welcome
Neither Dembele nor Coutinho deserve praise or criticism.

I think Coutinho deserves some praise at least for a strong debut. Usually players buckle under the pressure during debut and have a very quiet game. Coutinho was very lively and involved.

xXKonan

Dembele a kid who's 20 years old in his third team in 3 seasons who suffered a bad injury and another injury before he can get going.

vs

Coutinho who's 25 years old and has been playing at the top level with Inter,Espanyol and Liverpool since 2010. Like seriously?

Maxim4

This.

Dembelé his first match gave a decisive pass to suarez! he destroyed the defense of celta in the return match ... what else do you want?

you've never seen him play when he destroyed Bayern last year at just 19 years old.

3rd best Bundesliga passer behind Muller and Forsberg .....

Home of Barca Fans