7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

iMmi

I'm still scared that we're just going to sign him for the summer, seems like something Bartomeu would do tbh

Wouldn't mind me at all if they sign him in the summer. I don't expect us to let us slip the title and like that Coutinho can still play min. 4 matches in the CL on high level expecting that Porto will be easy for Liverpool. He can only be an extra help for the copa. Signing him in the summer can even lower the price. The only positive thing about signing him directly would be that he already get used to our play system for next season.

Raketa10

Actually it wouldn't be the worst scenario, imo.
How likely are Brazil to win the world cup? How likely are transferprices to be even more insane this summer?
There is a reason we already see a lot of transfer-activity this window, even though top-clubs usually don't do business half-way through the season. The reason: Everybody is dead-scared that the prices are just spinning out of control - a world cup always inflates prices - last summer was a record-summer etc.

Therefore it could be wise to secure him now, so Liverpool don't all of a sudden raise the price after a successful world cup for him.

I just heard Diana Kristinne make some valid points in a podcast, about a deal in the summer being okay for all 3 parties:

Outcome:
Liverpool:
- Keeps their best player for the decisive part of the season, fighting for the CL-spot and getting at least to the round of 16th in CL.
- Keeps Coutinho somewhat happy, because he can finally join Barca, his dream-club, and he can't blame them too much, as he was stupid enough to pen a 5 year contract just before wanting to leave.

Coutinho:
- Gets to join Barca
- Can focus fully on Liverpool and his life their until the world cup is over (not disturbed by suddenly moving/adapting to a new place etc.)
- Is not disturbed by all the transfer-buzz in the media
- Misses out on a La Liga trophy, but can play some Champions League instead.
- Can play in more than 1 competition during the spring (Copa practically ends in February).

Barcelona:
- Gets Coutinho for a better price than in the summer
- Secures the deal, and can prepare the other summer-transfers more calmly

Paying for him now and getting him now is ideal for us, but not for Liverpool, and maybe not Coutinho, so I would be fine with the other option, even though getting him now would be best.

And imagine he gets seriously injured. That would be the worst scenario ever! Buying a player for 150 mil and not bringing him immediately is utterly stupid. We won't do that since that would be a HUGE risk! No way!

Zincubus

Banned
Wouldn't mind me at all if they sign him in the summer. I don't expect us to let us slip the title and like that Coutinho can still play min. 4 matches in the CL on high level expecting that Porto will be easy for Liverpool. He can only be an extra help for the copa. Signing him in the summer can even lower the price. The only positive thing about signing him directly would be that he already get used to our play system for next season.

He's bound to get injured playing for them given our luck !

BarçaBarça

And imagine he gets seriously injured. That would be the worst scenario ever! Buying a player for 150 mil and not bringing him immediately is utterly stupid. We won't do that since that would be a HUGE risk!

Imagine that your most expensive signing ever gets injured just 3 games in :coffee:
You can never get a guarantee against injuries, and tbh, that would mean that he has time to get ready before his move to us.. Or do you mean career-ending injury? I'll take that bet, tbh.

If he gets injured and doesn't play the WC Liverpool would still demand somewhere around 150M, and then nothing has changed.

Raketa10

Imagine that your most expensive signing ever gets injured just 3 games in :coffee:
You can never get a guarantee against injuries, and tbh, that would mean that he has time to get ready before his move to us.. Or do you mean career-ending injury? I'll take that bet, tbh.

If he gets injured and doesn't play the WC Liverpool would still demand somewhere around 150M, and then nothing has changed.

If you sign a guy and he gets injured that's a bad luck but if you sign a guy for 150 mil and let other take care of him for 6 months while he is playing in the most physical league in the world that's just stupidity. Sorry I can't agree on that with you, I would never bet on 150 mil! :)

Last edited:

Devils

I can't believe we're actually going to sign CoutinGOAT.

By far the most talented and classy (tied with Paulinho) Brazilian on the planet.

This guy is miles above any other midfield signing we could have made.

Coutinho/Paulinho/Busi/Iniesta/Roberto will eviscerate any other midfield on this planet.

FinBarcelonafan

If you sign a guy and he gets injured that's a bad luck but if you sign a guy for 150 mil and let other take care of him for 6 months while he is playing in the most physical league in the world that's just stupidity. Sorry I can't agree on that with you, I would never bet on 150 mil! :)

I agree. We shouldn't take the risk and keep him in Premier League.

Raketa10

I can't believe we're actually going to sign CoutinGOAT.

By far the most talented and classy (tied with Paulinho) Brazilian on the planet.

This guy is miles above any other midfield signing we could have made.

Coutinho/Paulinho/Busi/Iniesta/Roberto will eviscerate any other midfield on this planet.

Neymar is not Brazilian or...??? :D

BarçaBarça

Fair enough :)

I just think people tend to get too optimistic with regards to the chances of us signing a player (e.g. Verratti).
So just finalizing a deal with him would be an improvement, as I don't see Arthur or Özil as adding the same to the team as Coutinho can do.

Home of Barca Fans