7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Xaviniesta

So are you going to answer the original question? Show me another article which says that the deal is done.

Jesus. this article was JUST published by a tier 1 mouthpiece. You'll havee to wait for the other 2, who'll probably publish the same thing in the next coulpe of hours.

So are you going to answer the original question? Show me another article which says that the deal is done.

Still very early in the afternoon in England, the other LFC mouthpieces will likely confirm the same thing later in the day.

All the mouthpieces run the same narrative, if one is saying something, the others usually follow suit since they're all fed the same information.

Jombi

Still very early in the afternoon in England, the other LFC mouthpieces will likely confirm the same thing later in the day.

All the mouthpieces run the same narrative, if one is saying something, the others usually follow suit since they're all fed the same information.

I wont hold my breath. I'll be shocked if all the most credible media outlets say that a deal is done for Coutinho. Even the quoted article uses words like "seem".

behindbrowneyes

Even the article says its 160m euros, not 150m, and no other article is claiming its "pretty much done". Wild speculation.

You are right. Still, it sounds more like we know the price and we are about to organise the money. Last summer it was different. There weren't that kind of rumours, especially not on the English side of the table. I'm very confident we will finalise that deal by the end of this week or in the first days of next week.

Potroh

Still, it sounds more like we know the price and we are about to organise the money. Last summer it was different. There weren't that kind of rumours, especially not on the English side of the table. I'm very confident we will finalise that deal by the end of this week or in the first days of next week.

Strange that you speak in plural when mentioning the money or the organization of it. Sounds as if it was your own pocket-money, but I don't wanna make mockery of the plural sentences at all, just sounds a bit strange.

I also do hope Countinho finally comes, regardless the amount (because Barca is a rich club, so why not do so out of the remaining "Neymar sum", if they can afford it).
But I have some slightly different doubts about his qualities as a player, namely that I'm not 100% sure he would make such a huge difference in this team.

Half a year ago all Barca fans were possessed by Verratti and his possible shift to the Camp Nou. It simply didn't happen and after watching almost all PSG games since then, I'm frankly happy he didn't make it, because he plays just very average in that team and also played relatively bad for Italy... So I'd just be a bit more careful with Countinho too...

Thiago10

Not that it matters, but I guess this means Nike did actually leak the info and didn't just get hacked? Kinda funny that they knew before anyone else apparently.

BarçaBarça

I'm still scared that we're just going to sign him for the summer, seems like something Bartomeu would do tbh

Actually it wouldn't be the worst scenario, imo.
How likely are Brazil to win the world cup? How likely are transferprices to be even more insane this summer?
There is a reason we already see a lot of transfer-activity this window, even though top-clubs usually don't do business half-way through the season. The reason: Everybody is dead-scared that the prices are just spinning out of control - a world cup always inflates prices - last summer was a record-summer etc.

Therefore it could be wise to secure him now, so Liverpool don't all of a sudden raise the price after a successful world cup for him.

I just heard Diana Kristinne make some valid points in a podcast, about a deal in the summer being okay for all 3 parties:

Outcome:
Liverpool:
- Keeps their best player for the decisive part of the season, fighting for the CL-spot and getting at least to the round of 16th in CL.
- Keeps Coutinho somewhat happy, because he can finally join Barca, his dream-club, and he can't blame them too much, as he was stupid enough to pen a 5 year contract just before wanting to leave.

Coutinho:
- Gets to join Barca
- Can focus fully on Liverpool and his life their until the world cup is over (not disturbed by suddenly moving/adapting to a new place etc.)
- Is not disturbed by all the transfer-buzz in the media
- Misses out on a La Liga trophy, but can play some Champions League instead.
- Can play in more than 1 competition during the spring (Copa practically ends in February).

Barcelona:
- Gets Coutinho for a better price than in the summer
- Secures the deal, and can prepare the other summer-transfers more calmly

Paying for him now and getting him now is ideal for us, but not for Liverpool, and maybe not Coutinho, so I would be fine with the other option, even though getting him now would be best.

Home of Barca Fans