-----------Rakitić/Roberto------------
--------Paulinho--------Iniesta-------
-Vidal/Raf.-----Paco-----Denis/Raf.-

Subs (defending)
----------------Cillesen---------------
Semedo---Mina--Vermaelen---Digne
Vidal--Paul-Raki/Bob-Iniesta--Denis
----------------Paco-------------------

We would have decent cover for every position. And we even have Oriol, Arnaiz and Alena in the B team who can step up.

So, the players, who fall out are:
-Arda
-Gomes
-Deulofeu

And Mascherano is leaving. From the horror we predicted at the beginning of the season, this is light years away.

P.S. I also don't know where Griezmann would fit in this. Maybe we can convert him into Rakitić 2.0 with a bit more attacking tendencies? :benitez:

Yes, our squad would be great if this happens. I think Paco will be sold, and then Griezmann can play his role + rotate with either Suarez or Dembele, or in extreme situations Coutinho. I would support those two superstar-signings, as it would fix many problems of our lack of depth right now, and ease Iniesta/Messi/Suarez' slow retirement. With Coutinho and Griezmann added we can afford to look, sign and try-out the next Busquets/Asensio/Isco out there with more patience and give ourselves time to snap up new talent in every position.

Mesimenia

This.

we've been here before. Matter of hours, matter of days.

It seems like most of the journos are bent on milking this story for all it's worth.

Another thing that pisses me off is the hypocrisy of most Liverpool fans.

What exactly is their problem when they've been pretty much after VVD the same way we've been after Coutinho.

It's right for them to continuously raid Southampton year after year but not right for us.

no body is hypocrite. LFC wanted VVD they put a bid as per asking price of Southamtop. but we are talking about him a lot but yet to submit a bid in this window (last bid was in summer window).

Mesimenia

@GuillemBalague
On Coutinho. No offer from Barcelona has arrived yet, despite the insistence of Catalan media on the contrary. But will arrive. No agreement in price but €150 is a figure LFC will consider. Not true at all LFC have bid for Lemar. Coutinho won't play tomorrow.

From Reddy (LFC mouthpiece):

Barcelona are finalising an offer in excess of €150 million to secure Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool, which would make him the third-most expensive footballer in the world and their record signing.

It will be supplemented by €40m in add-ons related to performances and appearances, which are likely to be triggered.

There was a possibility of doing an advanced deal now ahead of 2018-19, but Barca and the 25-year-old are insistent on an immediate transfer.

The Catalan club’s president Josep Maria Bartomeu and chief executive Oscar Grau have driven the approach, facilitated through the playmaker’s representatives Kia Joorabchian and Giuliano Bertolucci.

Liverpool were definitive in their stance that Coutinho was not for sale at any price in the summer, but with their No.10 maintaining his intention to depart and Barca on the verge of tabling an acceptable bid for his services, it seems to now be a matter of when rather than if a deal is done.

So the rumored 110m + 40m in add-ons looks likely to be true, SPORT may have been right on this one after all.

ByQSoLU.gif

WELCOME COUTINHO!

Shocking that Barto managed to pull this off in January.

Xaviniesta

The Catalan club’s president Josep Maria Bartomeu and chief executive Oscar Grau have driven the approach, facilitated through the playmaker’s representatives Kia Joorabchian and Giuliano Bertolucci.

BARTOMEU GOAT :worthy:

Zuti

Seems like this transfer is actually happening and in the winter window no less, the only thing that could fuck this up now is some unreasonable add on bullshit our board could pull off., offending Liverpool.

I'm gonna go ahead and and be bold on this one,

WELCOME COUTINHO!

Home of Barca Fans