7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Zincubus

Banned
I don’t see we need him in January (unless to have harmony with the team for next season)
He will not play in CL, and it will not be a good practice to play in Liga with a team different than CL

Surely he'd be ideal to get him in January - he can play in all the league and Spanish cup games - rest somebody else for the CL games ( maybe just 2 !) - he'd be good to go for the new upcoming season ..

Raketa10

I don’t see we need him in January (unless to have harmony with the team for next season)
He will not play in CL, and it will not be a good practice to play in Liga with a team different than CL

We absolutely need him ASAP! Having him for La Liga games would be much better than not having him at all. And to be fair La Liga should be our priority this season since winning CL will be really really hard with our current roster. It's not impossible for us to win it but it's unlikely considering City, PSG and Real have much better squad than we do.

Get him now together with CB and than go for Griezmann and CM in summer. I am not sure if Goretzka is the man for us, but if he is we could get him for free in six months. Signing Goretzka and Griezmann and spending only 100m in summer would be a daylight robbery in today's market.

Last edited:

gasgas

Liverpool will sell him. No team keeps a player that want to leave.

Liverpool not at the level of City, Chelsea and Man Utd right now and even Man Utd sold Cristiano when they were at the highest of their powers.

It's not PSG.

I thought i heard this statement durung the last transfer window

behindbrowneyes

I thought i heard this statement durung the last transfer window

..because they were not prepared the same way we weren't prepared for Neymar leaving us. It was late August and Liverpool qualified for the first time in a long time for the CL. It was clear that they won't negotiate without proper replacement. If we didn't had wasted our time on Verratti there would've been a decent chance to sign Coutinho.

i watched the west brom game and he didnt do much against that parked bus

It's impossible to form rational opinions on a player you don't watch regularly. This is the same reason why a lot of PL fanboys say that Messi isn't all that great anymore, they watch a few matches of us in the CL knockouts where Messi has a tendency to under perform then start talking like that's the way he plays every match.

vlad

It's impossible to form rational opinions on a player you don't watch regularly. This is the same reason why a lot of PL fanboys say that Messi isn't all that great anymore, they watch a few matches of us in the CL knockouts where Messi has a tendency to under perform then start talking like that's the way he plays every match.

When i watch liverpool with coutinho, he often go missing, i have no doubt that he is a good player but i dont rate him as awesome, also i dont think he will be such upgrade instead iniesta, also price tag 100+ is sick, he is worth 80 m max

JamDav1982

When i watch liverpool with coutinho, he often go missing, i have no doubt that he is a good player but i dont rate him as awesome, also i dont think he will be such upgrade instead iniesta, also price tag 100+ is sick, he is worth 80 m max

The stats show the opposite.

He has more MOTM performances per game than any other palyer in the league last season.

If want to could describe any player as inconsistent though as no player at all plays well every game. Even Messi would be lucky if he is brilliant in more than 50% of games.

Against West Brom Coutinho was about only Liverpool player looking to make things happen. In end did not manage to have that impact but that in itself that he fought and tried to do the right things is a good sign. Even if couldnt make that break through.

vlad

i watched the west brom game and he didnt do much against that parked bus

That is the problem when such players come to barca, 70% of barca matches, barca is playing vs team which are defending deep, liverpool does not face so many teams who play such footbal, of course its because they are not quality as barca and almost every team go for a win vs them, look at suarez for example, he played best football at liverpool, he was great at barca also but he was higher level at liverpool, will it be the same with coutinho? Maybe, but for sure he will not have such freedom he has in liverpool now, dembele same story.

Xaviniesta

i didn't form an opinion on coutinho from that game. i am just stating what i saw of him in that match

however, i still think coutinho is the best option for an iniesta replacement, even if he's overpriced

Xaviniesta

That is the problem when such players come to barca, 70% of barca matches, barca is playing vs team which are defending deep, liverpool does not face so many teams who play such footbal, of course its because they are not quality as barca and almost every team go for a win vs them, look at suarez for example, he played best football at liverpool, he was great at barca also but he was higher level at liverpool, will it be the same with coutinho? Maybe, but for sure he will not have such freedom he has in liverpool now, dembele same story.

i agree with this. that's why when i watch Barca midfield targets, i tend to focus on what they can do against parked buses because I still believe that is what troubles barca the most in the CL and against weaker la liga sides

Last edited:

clemente

I watched him last game and it was insane how much he was pressing, nobody in our team presses this much, even Rakitic who supposedly should be doing that. Someone like him and Roberto would really wake up our whole midfield, I miss the days where the team was capable of pressing and covering distance.

i didn't form an opinion on coutinho from that game. i am just stating what i saw of him in that match

however, i still think coutinho is the best option for an iniesta replacement, even if he's overpriced

Okay forget that, how is this gif:

ezgif-2-dff2860e90.gif

Home of Barca Fans