7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Julien

[tw]903376057759404040[/tw]

Somebody tells the idiots in charge that LFC won't sell cout tomorrow since they can't replace him anymore.

It's dead. We should have moved our ass in early june.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cannot sign him.

If we do Arsenal have to pay RM due to a penalty clause when they sold him.

gr98

At least we know we won't sign Di Malaria
"Barca final effort to sign Coutinho. Di Maria, ruled out"
[tw]903376699877941248[/tw]

JamDav1982

Now any young talent with high ambitions will think twice before deciding to join LFC after seeing how they treated Coutinho.

All they have done is tell him he is not leaving.

I bet Lemar would have gone there without a second thought if Liverpool had a bid accepted.

They will have no issues getting good young players to go there to work under Klopp.

Total-Football

right now i'm reading on an arabic barca forum that the journalist achraf ben ayad (being sport arabic) said on tv that he personally called bartemou and that the latter feels optimistic about Coutinho.

Kohe321

Only positive from signing Ozil would be all the entertainment it would provide on Arsenal Fan TV. Their midfield is already so weak. If they lost Ozil there would be so much rage. :lol:

He would be an absolutely atrocious signing for us. Especially for 60m.

Julien

Now any young talent with high ambitions will think twice before deciding to join LFC after seeing how they treated Coutinho.
I don't believe this. That's just butthurt talking.

People said PSG wouldn't sign any good players after putting Verratti in prison. They just recruited mbappe.

LFC is rich, and if they pay, they will get new talents.

Saladin

I agree on his workrate being shit, but if Valverde is serious about 4-2-3-1 Özil could be good at Barca, if we maintain a posession based style.

Özil is his best when having the ball. Roberto is a Duracell-bunny and with either Sergio or Paulinho behind him, he could be able to prove capable. No way near the same agility, stamina or quality atm as other WC options, but who is the alternative for our midfield?

Coutinho is a no-brainer, but seems impossible to get. I would hope for Lemar due to his link-up with mate Dembouz in the french NT, but he is more of a winger than natural CAM as well (although he was excellent tonight).

I would take Özil over Di Malaria any day of the week tbh, but I agree it is not the signing we hoped for.

JamDav1982

I agree on his workrate being shit, but if Valverde is serious about 4-2-3-1 Özil could be good at Barca, if we maintain a posession based style.

Özil is his best when having the ball. Roberto is a Duracell-bunny and with either Sergio or Paulinho behind him, he could be able to prove capable. No way near the same agility, stamina or quality atm as other WC options, but who is the alternative for our midfield?

Coutinho is a no-brainer, but seems impossible to get. I would hope for Lemar due to his link-up with mate Dembouz in the french NT, but he is more of a winger than natural CAM as well (although he was excellent tonight).

I would take Özil over Di Malaria any day of the week tbh, but I agree it is not the signing we hoped for.

Wont be able to carry Messi and Ozil off the ball. Shouldnt happen.

Teams already have much more energy and movement than Barca and that needs addressed not made worse.

Home of Barca Fans