7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Truthist

Had an average game today but not entirely his fault, Southampton packed the midfield.

I believe he is superior to Oscar too.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Oscar is way better in defense than Coutinho. Liverpool has a very direct and high tempo style which suits him very much. I think Oscar could shine in any system but I do not know about Coutinho.

Neymessi

Oscar is overrated imo.He is weak as hell and is never a game changer.Even for brazil apart from the first game he was thoroughly shit for the whole WC.

Vilarrubi

Oscar is way better in defense than Coutinho. Liverpool has a very direct and high tempo style which suits him very much. I think Oscar could shine in any system but I do not know about Coutinho.

That and a slightly higher goal tally are the only things better than Coutinho.. Also being a number 10 or CAM you don't really need any defensive skills.

CuleLife4Life

Oscar is overrated imo.He is weak as hell and is never a game changer.Even for brazil apart from the first game he was thoroughly shit for the whole WC.

Its hard to use his WC performances against him though when Scolari was playing him out of position for Neymar and when he finally played a 10 it was when the rest of his team were shit and 7-1 happened. He is/was guilty of reserving himself with Chelsea in the 2nd half the way people were accusing Messi of doing tho.

He is one of the few players Brazilians were unanimously calling for to till be a starter after the 7-1.

If anything he'll probably still start over Coutinho now that Dunga is the new manager for Brazil. He is the perfect "10" for Dunga since he hates all that flair Coutinho plays with. Oscar plays more pragmatic, has a good work rate, and a smart footballing IQ. Unless Dunga sees Oscar as his new Elano or Felipe Melom then Coutinho can be the new Kaka. But he'll probably try to kill the flair from Coutinho's game.

Roberto

Magisterial!
How do you guys think he would fit in our midfield? Amazing dribling and through balls. Good tackling asswell.

EdmondDantes

Neymar has been full of praise regarding Coutinho, here is what he said to the Mirror:

The Barcelona forward said: "He can be the star player in England. This season I think everybody in England is seeing how talented he is - and I know he has a lot more to show.

"We have been good friends since we were 16. Not only is he a fantastic player, he is a good guy to have in the dressing room, always positive and making jokes.

"When he has the ball at his feet, he can make things happen for himself and he can make things happen for other players. He is a very special player."

Coutinho's form has secured a recall to the Brazilian national team - and Neymar, who captains the South American side, believes the 22-year-old will also make a big impact on the international stage.

"He will play a big part in the future of the national team," he said. "The national team is very strong, but the way he is playing for Liverpool, I'm sure he will be a big part of Brazil going forward."

Coutinho is a player who would definitely benefit of Barcelona's dominance in possession. The way he ghosts past players with ease, his first touch and close control, his vision and through balls. He has even evolved defensively, I've been impressed with his pressing and tackling, his stamina has improved massively as well. I would love to see him here. Guardiola, Benitez, Pochettino are said to be fans of his; and there was a rumour last year Real Madrid were preparing a double swoop for Suarez and Coutinho.

Probably not gonna happen though, but he's a player I very much enjoy watching, he's friends with Neymar and worked wonders with Suarez at Liverpool.

Last edited:

CuleLife4Life

Neymar sending a message to our national team manager hopefully. If he stays playing like this, he needs to be in Brazil's starting 11. Can you imagine him feeding Neymar, Lucas Moura, and Roberto Firmino???

He also turned 22 in June. I'm sure if he keeps getting better he'll be gone from Liverpool in 3-4yrs. He'll be in his prime by then and a move to Barcelona wouldn't be impossible.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
A front line of Neymar, Coutinho, Lucas Moura and Firmino sounds juicy. Perhaps Barbosa can join in soon too? It's not like he's got plenty of competition on the NT.

Home of Barca Fans