7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Barcilliant

No he scored 15 assisted 8 for Barca last season.

Happy he had a good game, finally. His attacking up the middle was pretty good. Needs to improve still but flashes of his early last season form. Also, anyone know what he said to the fans? Seemed like he was angry at the fans? IDK

He was saying he was deaf to the critics and doesn't listen to them.

Good game but that price tag is the problem. For that price people expect exceptional not just good.

CatalinR10

No he scored 15 assisted 8 for Barca last season.

Happy he had a good game, finally. His attacking up the middle was pretty good. Needs to improve still but flashes of his early last season form. Also, anyone know what he said to the fans? Seemed like he was angry at the fans? IDK

Please tell me in what competitions did he score 15 goals and assisted 8 for Barca in the 17/18 season ?

Arizona Scott

Please tell me in what competitions did he score 15 goals and assisted 8 for Barca in the 17/18 season ?

He had 8 goals 5 assists in 18 La Liga matches and 2 & 1 in 4 CDR matches, very good numbers across 22 matches. He was the 2nd best player for Barca last spring and Barca is yet to lose a competition that he has been eligible to play--the only player with over a season on Barca we can say that about.

Arizona Scott

He was saying he was deaf to the critics and doesn't listen to them.

Do we know if that was Barca fans or visiting fans--I have not seen an angle to judge? Given he was a Liverpool player I am sure the visitors were "vocal".

Good game but that price tag is the problem. For that price people expect exceptional not just good.

Though he is on high wages, a tad over for Dembele as 3rd on the team, most of the expenditure is in the past. Rather be forward focused and results vs alternatives on the squad focused.

Kul_z

Well I can't think of a better one. Can you? He was beating players and playing some nice passes and looking alot more dangerous than usual

There were couple of 'breaks' in the game i hoped for dembele substition, CONSIDERING the ev approach. Id like them both on the field, but right now they're fighting for the spot that dembele should occupy no doubt. Cou scored the goal, but with dembele this game would end in total ruins for manu, like serious hammering.

Havesaks

He went from 100% support and love in lfc to being (rightfully) critized a lot in barca (and rather way too much in this forum) . Its a new situation and the celebration was stupid - should just go with the positive flow. Also he has been Lucky that dembele was the one trashed in media and by fans for a long time, giving him a break. Also IF he had played for Madrid he would have gotten bale-treatment. He should keep up the Good performances but stay humble.

God Serena

Guy scores one goal when the aggregate score is already 3-0 and suddenly he thinks he's silencing his critics. It was a great goal but as of now we can only hope it was enough to boost his transfer fee, because he still has got to go. What a trashy celebration. Try actually achieving something here without being the worst man on the pitch and maybe then you can talk.

CatalinR10

Guy scores one goal when the aggregate score is already 3-0 and suddenly he thinks he's silencing his critics. It was a great goal but as of now we can only hope it was enough to boost his transfer fee, because he still has got to go. What a trashy celebration. Try actually achieving something here without being the worst man on the pitch and maybe then you can talk.

i agree.

great goal tho.

Arizona Scott

He has rarely been the worst man on the pitch, though he did have a really bad 1st half of season this year. Sandwiched between a great 1st half season and very solid spring so far.

I like Dembele and think he should start when he his healthy for the dimension he adds, but it isn't like he has been a consistent force for Barca in his almost 2 years here for one reason or another.

Both should get support now and should have been getting support before. It is very clear their teammates support them.

Someone brought up Bale, that seems like an entirely different dynamic within the team. Responding to fickle and overcritical fans is not a big deal to me, division in the locker room is.

Home of Barca Fans