7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Stoichkov1

Statistically Coutinho is the third best free kick taker in europe and Messi is not even in the top 20. The fact Messi is the best in so many aspects leads people to think hes the best at everything.

Coutinho should take at least the free kicks in the left side.
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/revealed-20-best-free-kick-takers-european-football

Sorry but that list is crap.

Messi has 165 attempts while Coutinho has 26, the difference is so big that it's almost impossible to compare.

If Coutinho took 165 FKs his conversion rate would drop significantly for sure.

FinBarcelonafan

Messi has 165 attempts while Coutinho has 26, the difference is so big that it's almost impossible to compare.

Someone who understands variance and statistics. Thank You!

PhilS

It's going to be a wonderful think to have him in the lineup all the time next season. His long-range threat coming in from the left side of the field will open things up.

M

MessiCam

Yeah, that comparison is lazy. Where are the distances, the angles... not all free kicks are created equal.

I would like Coutinho to strike them from the left too.

Senador Romario

It might very well be correct, but i suspect the fact he is taking free kicks in the left is the main cause. Would need to find some stat with his conversion rate from the left.

SeloBarca

Also, Messi has severly turned up his quality in freekicks the last couple of years.
Hes by far far the best freekick taker in the world the last 2-3 years.
He might not score them all, but they almost always hit inside the goal area, he has hit the post or bar alot of times aswell.
Saw some stat saying Ronaldo had to score his next 100 freekicks while Messi miss them all to get as high %.

Devils

I truly believe having Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann in the CL next season is going to make a massive difference for us.

It's just a matter of EV coming up with a system to make it work.

Coutinho imo will still be our most important player after Messi. He is in that rare type of player that can be categorized as 'special'.

Incredible player and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up being a signing in the same caliber as the likes of Alves.

ebieymjunior

I truly believe having Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann in the CL next season is going to make a massive difference for us.

It's just a matter of EV coming up with a system to make it work.

Coutinho imo will still be our most important player after Messi. He is in that rare type of player that can be categorized as 'special'.

Incredible player and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up being a signing in the same caliber as the likes of Alves.

If Arthur really is special and becomes as good as people think he might, we might just have an amazing team in

[formation=barca,6]
Mats
0-0-Pique-0-Umtiti-0-0
Semedo-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-0-Arthur-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-Countinho-0-0
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
0-Dembele-0-0-0-Griezmann-0
[/formation]
(Players closer to each other)

Antimadridista1

This world cup is gonna be the one where he reveals himself to the entire planet as one of the best.
He has absolutely insane talent, I'm glad the club paid what they paid for him. He'll be worth even more in a few weeks time.

Pepe Silvia

This world cup is gonna be the one where he reveals himself to the entire planet as one of the best.
I'm surprised people think this. It was apparent when rumors swirled about him signing with Barca. People were downgrading him to some bad signing even. LOL

To me, he's already shown elite level for quite some time.

xXKonan

I'm surprised people think this. It was apparent when rumors swirled about him signing with Barca. People were downgrading him to some bad signing even. LOL

To me, he's already shown elite level for quite some time.
I haven't really seen anyone doubt his quality much but I did see complaints even by Liverpool fans long before we even signed him that he lacks the consistency to play for a team like ours.

But from what he has shown since he's gotten here he's been quality. This is what I actually expected Arda to do once he started to play for us back in January of 2016, but as you can see that never happened not even close.

Home of Barca Fans