7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

M

MessiCam

You are overreacting here. Where did Neymar get praise? He's been criticized like everybody else. But, he's not our player anymore so nobody cares as much. Coutinho was motm.

People on this board support Messi, support Argentina even though we have nothing in common with them. And if there are emotional reactions, that's because people care. I didn't criticize him yesterday, but people want Leo to win. Want him to outperform Ronaldo. When he fails, and he does from time to time, they go out and criticize. Not because they hate Messi, but because they love him.
What does MoTM mean? I think he had a good game but nothing special apart from that goal. As far as I’m concerned Shaquiri was MoTM. He was the most influential player on the green. The problem with people here is that they associate success with goals when it’s a lot more nuanced than that. As for Neymar he is coming off lightly compared Messi.

As for overreacting? Did you read the vitriol in the Messi thread? Mentally weak in decline etc etc by the same ungrateful bunch time and time again... I really don’t care much for this Messi vs Ronaldo stuff. Once, a long time ago, they were comparable but now Messi is eons ahead of him in football terms. A soft penalty and goal keeping error with a stunning free kick is not going to change that.

Laplacian

This guy is a left winger. Every single game fails me to convince me otherwise. Get two CMs and put this guy as a LW. Such a great finisher.

M

MessiCam

Level of stupidity is to claim that Messi was better v Iceland than Coutinho was today.

Messi had eleven shots and missed a penalty never really having any great influence on the game in way that matters and fluffed his lines when it mattered.

That penalty miss counts for a lot in Messi performance yesterday and even outwith that you were the one complaining about him having 'fallen asleep'.

Coutinho scored a screamer and was man of the match. Even if was quieter in second half.

He was the one player on the park who showed a flash of brilliance to get Brazil ahead.

You are trying to hard to push this agenda that everyone is actually wrong and Messi played well with a lot of influence.

He didnt and you try to strangely bring Coutinho into it who actually did influence the game and was named MOTM.

Coutinho who you try to pedal the idea is a complete waste of money, not world class and no better than Denis.
Lol.

Joan

What does MoTM mean? I think he had a good game but nothing special apart from that goal. As far as I’m concerned Shaquiri was MoTM. He was the most influential player on the green. The problem with people here is that they associate success with goals when it’s a lot more nuanced than that. As for Neymar he is coming off lightly compared Messi.

Why would you look at his performance apart from the goal? It decided the final score, was vital. In the end, that's what matters. Coutinho did well overall and was by a margin the best Brazilian on the pitch.

I feel like Messi's poor performances always end up under severe scrutiny. Maybe because he doesn't have them often. Or because I usually talk with Barca fans.

As for overreacting? Did you read the vitriol in the Messi
thread? Mentally weak in decline etc etc by the same ungrateful bunch time and time again... I really don’t care much for this Messi vs Ronaldo stuff. Once, a long time ago, they were comparable but now Messi is eons ahead of him in football terms. A soft penalty and goal keeping error with a stunning free kick is not going to change that.

Some of it. I have opinions about Messi which will never change, no matter what. That's why I usually skip the discussion.

But people can overreact. Saying it again, it's because people care about him.

Devils

:bartomeu: delivered the goods on this guy.

No doubt he will be acknowledged as a top 5 player during his time at Barca.

FFS, incredible player.

M

MessiCam

Thanks for highlighting it again but reported.

Lol is claiming Denis and Coutinho are on same level.

Tough couple days for you.

Fairly bigging up a Messi performance you were describing him as having 'fallen asleep'. Lol.
You know why I steered clear of getting into debates with you? Because you’re incapable... You’re just not wired right and as Wolfe said you speak to people like you’re in a pub.

You struggle with associating words with actions...

Sure Messi missed a penalty, but basically every other thing that was good about Argentina came through him against a deep block. THAT IS INFLUENCE, because nobody else on the team was capable of taking the game forward. And yes, I did say he fell asleep after the penalty miss and I stick with that assessment. I’m not hiding away...

Coutinho, scored a goal, well done... But his passes were safe and he miscued a golden opportunity to win the game for Brazil. (How come nobody is talking about that?)

You’re incapable of understanding or accepting the nuances that exist in football... Like making over reaching statements like Argentina should pump Iceland despite the only occasion it happening in a competitive game in recent memory was against France. They beat England, drew Portugal and troubled everybody in the qualifiers. Nuances like Shaquiri being far more influential for his team than Coutinho was because he was their outlet, their driving force who delivered the corner which resulted in a team which you’d probably say should be pumped by Brazil scoring the equaliser.

Ever since I’ve joined this board you’ve been over critical of Messi, which is fine by me, but then apply your lofty standards to everybody else.

ASordidGod

People getting a bit carried away, no? Great goal, truly, but overall he was just decent imo. Got increasingly sloppy/ineffective as game went on. His shooting is a hell of a weapon though, I'll admit that. Hopefully he stays cm too next game. I'd like to see if he can play there for us long term. As far as today goes, while i don't think he was amazing by any means, it was definitely encouraging.

M

MessiCam

Why would you look at his performance apart from the goal? It decided the final score, was vital. In the end, that's what matters. Coutinho did well overall and was by a margin the best Brazilian on the pitch.
Because a football match is about more than just a goal... And yes, he was the best Brazilian but Brazil didn’t play against nobody, they played Switzerland who ran them close against the odds and Shaquiri was tantamount to that.

But people can overreact. Saying it again, it's because people care about him.
They care about him scoring goals to compete with Ronaldo... That’s not caring that’s vanity.

JamDav1982

You know why I steered clear of getting into debates with you? Because you’re incapable... You’re just not wired right and as Wolfe said you speak to people like you’re in a pub.

You struggle with associating words with actions...

Sure Messi missed a penalty, but basically every other thing that was good about Argentina came through him against a deep block. THAT IS INFLUENCE, because nobody else on the team was capable of taking the game forward. And yes, I did say he fell asleep after the penalty miss and I stick with that assessment. I’m not hiding away...

Coutinho, scored a goal, well done... But his passes were safe and he miscued a golden opportunity to win the game for Brazil. (How come nobody is talking about that?)

You’re incapable of understanding or accepting the nuances that exist in football... Like making over reaching statements like Argentina should pump Iceland despite the only occasion it happening in a competitive game in recent memory was against France. They beat England, drew Portugal and troubled everybody in the qualifiers. Nuances like Shaquiri being far more influential for his team than Coutinho was because he was their outlet, their driving force who delivered the corner which resulted in a team which you’d probably say should be pumped by Brazil scoring the equaliser.

Ever since I’ve joined this board you’ve been over critical of Messi, which is fine by me, but then apply your lofty standards to everybody else.

You dont stear clear of debates. You get involved and lie about what was being said.

Messi missed a penalty and had a lot of efforts and was never really able to open them up and became less and less and influence as game wore on.

He was head and shoulders best player in first 20 odds mins then struggled to impact game much.

The penalty miss was a huge part of his game and performance. That is the way it is in the key moments.

Messi was not shit overall just was not able to influence game in way he can and he had chances to and the penalty miss.

Not incapable of understanding any 'nuances' you just come up with crap like that as have nothing else to claim.

I was probably one of the least critical of him after yesterdays game actually so again more lies from you. But he did not have a great game and didnt step up when he had the chance.

Argentina should pump them and I dont rate them at all but for defence giving them momentum right back Argentina dominated that game and fucked it for themselves.

Dont agree Shaqiri was better neither do those who chose the MOTM.

Indeed Coutinho did miss a chance to win game. Good touch poor finish and had already influenced the game with only moment of quality from either side.

Messi was not better v Iceland than Coutinho was today and clueless ramblings about 'nuances' dont change that.

JamDav1982

Because a football match is about more than just a goal... And yes, he was the best Brazilian but Brazil didn’t play against nobody, they played Switzerland who ran them close against the odds and Shaquiri was tantamount to that.

They care about him scoring goals to compete with Ronaldo... That’s not caring that’s vanity.

The goal was the biggest highlight of the game and Coutinho delivered it for Brazil.

You seem absolutely desperate to ignore Coutinho goal and Messi penalty miss.

Both were the two biggest moments either had. One was a huge positive the other a negative.

M

MessiCam

You dont stear clear of debates. You get involved and lie about what was being said.
Again that problem of associating words... “Steered clear of debates with you.” Past tense and the specific inclusion of you. But I think after this post I will do it again.

Messi missed a penalty and had a lot of efforts and was never really able to open them up and became less and less and influence as game wore on.
You mean efforts from distance against a deep block. Who else took shots?
Salvio 1, Otamendi 3, Rojo 2, Tagliafico 1, Mascherano 1, Biglia 2, Meza 0, Di Maria 0, Aguero 3, Benega 2, Higuain 0, Pavon 1 and Messi 11...

I don’t expect you to see the problem here and argue it logically.

He was head and shoulders best player in first 20 odds mins then struggled to impact game much.
How could he? He was playing against a deep block with his midfield made up of defensive minded players with laborious circulation of the ball.

The penalty miss was a huge part of his game and performance. That is the way it is in the key moments.
No it wasn’t. It was only a part of his performance which lasted at most 10 seconds. He failed at it... I rate his game including the penalty miss.

Messi was not shit overall just was not able to influence game in way he can and he had chances to and the penalty miss.
Again, you lack context or you’re just unwilling to acknowledge it...

Not incapable of understanding any 'nuances' you just come up with crap like that as have nothing else to claim.
Simple minded again...

I was probably one of the least critical of him after yesterdays game actually so again more lies from you. But he did not have a great game and didnt step up when he had the chance.
Really? I’m not even going to bother with this because anybody can head over there and see for themselves.

Argentina should pump them and I dont rate them at all but for defence giving them momentum right back Argentina dominated that game and fucked it for themselves.
Lol. So JamDav’s ratings are the be all and end all. How would you rate Switzerland?

Dont agree Shaqiri was better neither do those who chose the MOTM.
It means nothing... Messi had 22 MoTM awards in La Liga last year and 6 in the Champions League - Next best had 4...

Indeed Coutinho did miss a chance to win game. Good touch poor finish and had already influenced the game with only moment of quality from either side.
So you’re excusing it... Just as I thought.

Messi was not better v Iceland than Coutinho was today and clueless ramblings about 'nuances' dont change that.
He was a lot more influential for Argentina than Coutinho was even with a missed penalty.

So like I say. Your lack of context and nuances is astounding but have at it. I’ll enjoy reading your tripe in the future.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
People getting a bit carried away, no? Great goal, truly, but overall he was just decent imo. Got increasingly sloppy/ineffective as game went on. His shooting is a hell of a weapon though, I'll admit that. Hopefully he stays cm too next game. I'd like to see if he can play there for us long term. As far as today goes, while i don't think he was amazing by any means, it was definitely encouraging.

My feeling as well, truth is I was most impressed with Willian who was all over the pitch - felt like there were 4 of him.

Coutinho's goal though, you could see it coming the second it arrived at his feet on the edge of the box - that's a goal he has converted so many times before coming to Barcelona

Neymar, never plays well against the Suisse

George_Costanza

why does anyone argue about Messi with JamDav1982? Everyone knows he hates Messi and has kinda passive-aggressive remarks about him. He praises players like Neymar and thinks Messi is the reason for Argentina's failures.

Home of Barca Fans