7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

BBZ8800

Its absurd and ridiculous to make these crazy comparisons to Messi and Ronaldinho based on 20 minute as a sub against Espanyol. No he was not "awesome" and not some type of new Messi in those 20 minutes and he was not horrendous today when Paco played either.

You argue strongly to move away from 442 and play a more unbalanced team by advocating for the signing of attacking superstars like Coutinho and Griezmann who cost so much and has such a high wage (like Suarez, Messi and Dembele) that they will always play.

I was happy with Cou's debut and I still think that he will end as a great player due to him already playing for years in top flight football and being a proven player in Italy, England and NT.
Plus, he has a proven mental strength and IQ.

On the other hand, young Dembele is a mystery and a bigger gamble.
He has tons of potential, but he doesn't have years of top flight football on his shoulders and things like mental strength, handling pressure and IQ and a mystery.

So, I have more faith in Coutinho currently.

About your remark about Griezmann a few times already, I would buy him, but I thought that Iniesta will accept Xavi's role soon, which would mean: Coutinho taking his position.
If Iniesta plans to be a starter in upcoming season, then we are in troubles.

I thought that Messi-Suarez and Griezmann will be willing to rotate and that EV will be able to do that.
But if Iniesta plans to play further as a starter and if our superstars aren't willing to be rotated, then I agree with you that Griezmann will be a problem.

Yeah, the sample of playing Iniesta, Coutinho and Dembele and playing both Coutinho and Dembele is small...

Dembele has never played with Coutinho...

Iniesta played with Dembele and whenever Dembele plays, we are far from EV's 442.
I took that sample.

Jombi

I was happy with Cou's debut and I still think that he will end as a great player due to him already playing for years in top flight football and being a proven player in Italy, England and NT.
Plus, he has a proven mental strength and IQ.

On the other hand, young Dembele is a mystery and a bigger gamble.
He has tons of potential, but he doesn't have years of top flight football on his shoulders and things like mental strength, handling pressure and IQ and a mystery.

So, I have more faith in Coutinho currently.

About your remark about Griezmann a few times already, I would buy him, but I thought that Iniesta will accept Xavi's role soon, which would mean: Coutinho taking his position.
If Iniesta plans to be a starter in upcoming season, then we are in troubles.

I thought that Messi-Suarez and Griezmann will be willing to rotate and that EV will be able to do that.
But if Iniesta plans to play further as a starter and if our superstars aren't willing to be rotated, then I agree with you that Griezmann will be a problem.

Iniesta played with Dembele and whenever Dembele plays, we are far from EV's 442.
I took that sample.

Cesc was also a proven player in England. Playing in England is very different than playing in midfield for Barca. Coutinho has won even less than Cesc had done as well. You cant just claim that Coutinho wont need a long adaptation period and comparing him to Messi and Ronaldinho based on 20 minutes just because he was good in England. And these signings have to play all the time, because of their star status and their wages, regardless of how the team performs with them. If you are arguing that Iniesta and Coutinho can never play together, then that already is disastrous for the upcoming season, because Iniesta will still play quite a of games just like Xavi did. With Griezmann as well, it becomes impossible for Valverde to bench two or three of the highest earners in world football at any given time in order to continue playing 442.

henias

When Iniesta came on, you could see how different they are as players. Tbh, Coutinho shouldn't play like Messi's free role, trying to sit behind defenders dribble inwards and take shots.

He needs to link up with Alba more, look for runs, work on his long passes. He is similar to Neymar in terms of ability, but in terms of football iq as a midfielder, he needs to learn much more.
Right now, I feel he can only offer as an attacker up front due to his shot taking abilities, either as a LW or RW, but as a LM he needs to be learning frm Iniesta to be able to fully replace him. In terms of midfield technicalities, he's not up there yet.

Rakitic is slow and takes long time to line up a long range shot. Alot of times when he got ready to shoot, the defender also got ready to block.

Coutinho can shoot off of his dribble and he has much faster release to avoid get his shots blocked.

kollegah

why do you guys worries about this guy?
Here are some reasons hell be a success:

-maybe best ball controll in the team after messi, iniesta, busquets
-top shootng, top passing
-can beat defenders in 1vs1 situations with ease
-sees spaces to exploit either with passes or with runs

I'm much more worried about dembele who just didnt anything until now

Zincubus

Banned

Yeah , that's a decent point about Dembele.

I still have high hopes for him but he does seem to need a lot of space in front of him to be effective... something we rarely seem to come across .

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

Not worried about either, many players have improved under Valverde, it'll be the same with these two.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Coutinho confirmed in his MD interview he can be registered as a EU citizen thanks to his wife who has a portuguese passport. Same deal as Suarez with his wife who has an Italian passport.

So we will have a Third open spot in the summer for Non EU Spots.

Raketa10

Coutinho confirmed in his MD interview he can be registered as a EU citizen thanks to his wife who has a portuguese passport. Same deal as Suarez with his wife who has an Italian passport.

So we will have a Third open spot in the summer for Non EU Spots.

Do you have link?

Messi983

Do you have link?

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...o-comunitario-pasaporte-portugues-esposa.html

And here is interview with him.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...vista-barca-fc-barcelona-mundo-deportivo.html

I've gone through the text and it's not in there so I suppose it's mentioned in the video. I'm currently at work so can't watch it.

Also, here is a proof of his wife (and probably his daughter) having a portuguese passport. At least I think so. :D

DS4s5W7X0AALqDk.jpg

cidadania-portuguesa.jpg

Anyway, there is absolutely no reason for Coutinho to lie about that but I assume the whole process of him getting portuguese nationality could take some time. I think he also let the club know about the possibility of getting portuguese passport soon and that's why we are going strongly after Arthur (though I still don't think he'll come before January 2019) as well. It's just a bit strange to me that no journalist has asked him about this in his introductory press conference.

Home of Barca Fans