7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

jairzinho

I like the maturity and level headedness he’s shown so far, in contrast to Neymar’s petulance. He could be the main player for Brasil in this World Cup.

MTL_Barca

Why Paulinho out? Doesn't "right midfielder" make more sense as RW so Willian would be out?

Could see them play a bit more defensive since losing could mean they are out where a draw would mean they are 100% through and Serbia has to win this to have a chance.

Truthist

Granit Xhaka pretty much sums everything up really. Sometimes, I think Coutinho is a victim of his own quietness. Why would you even consider moving him to the right, it's a travesty, really.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-neymar-switzerland-brazil-world-cup-under-17

Neymar was ineffective against Switzerland back then and he was substituted after 69 minutes. Coutinho, though, was another story. “What a player he was – he was a completely different class,” Xhaka says. “There was absolutely no comparison between Neymar’s performance and Coutinho’s performance. Coutinho was a constant danger.

“I don’t know if Coutinho would remember it but I’ll remember that performance for the rest of my life. I knew right then that Coutinho would go on to become a full international, even if he was a shyer type than Neymar. I could see that Neymar was one of the big characters in the team and a lot of players looked up to him.”

xXKonan

Coutinho is what I always wanted Neymar to be.

Sure Neymar has ridiculous amount of Flair and his dribbling and pace when he uses it right is incredible but When it comes to Maturity and intelligence and using it consistently that's where Coutinho has him beat. Especially in the Maturity aspect.

Sometimes you don't need to be that Vocal to be influential in your own way and Coutinho is perfect for that Role in Brazil.

Home of Barca Fans