7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

fergus90

Haha well the feeling is definitely swaying. Most of our clubs being beaten by teams like Sevilla etc have helped change the tide a bit.

wisconsincule

Cannot wait for Liverpool to collapse Bielsa style like Klopp's BVB did in his last season.

Too bad the final is between Real Madrid and Liverpool so I just have to root for the latter. Any other team and fuck you Pool.

Man City won the relevant league in style with more points lol. Treated 9/10 teams like trash.

I feel the same exact way. Against anyone else I’d be cheering against Liverpool.

ASordidGod

I'm English, and absolutely there is a real belief over here (generally speaking) that the Prem is the best league. Most will admit that your Barcas, Reals, Bayern are superior, but consider the rest of the competition weak. Though at the same time a lot of people would argue that while the quality of Prem isn't superior, the entertainment is.

Pepe Silvia

I'm English, and absolutely there is a real belief over here (generally speaking) that the Prem is the best league. Most will admit that your Barcas, Reals, Bayern are superior, but consider the rest of the competition weak. Though at the same time a lot of people would argue that while the quality of Prem isn't superior, the entertainment is.
See I can somewhat subscribe to the entertaining factor. La Liga has better mid level teams, but I've always found mid level EPL matches more entertaining for fanfare for some reason. Bundesliga has that same feel.

Givenchy

I live in England and its weird how the media here big up the PL as the best league to ever exist in the history of the world yet when our National team do its usual fuck up they are the first to slate, berrate and shit on us. most of the world class players here are foreign and would jump at the chance if Barca/Madrid came calling as we've seen countless times. the commentators here are so cringeworthy aswell totally feeding in to the deluded hype, Martin Tyler bangs on and on about viewing figures, excitement, the drama, the competition etc etc and then an oil club like City make a mockery of the entire title race :lol:

Madrid will show Liverpool up in the final.. sadly

ASordidGod

See I can somewhat subscribe to the entertaining factor. La Liga has better mid level teams, but I've always found mid level EPL matches more entertaining for fanfare for some reason. Bundesliga has that same feel.

I haven't watched enough of other leagues to really compare to be honest, but my (possibly biased) impression is that the Prem is more unpredictable. I mean obviously City cruised it this year, but that's an exception, and I feel (again possibly incorrectly) that there is more potential for upset, more 'good' teams of a similar standard rather than a couple of great ones, or just one great team in Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 etc. Certainly there's a lot more money, and spread with greater equality meaning that even relegation candidates can bring in players of a standard beyond that of relegation candidates in other leagues. Obviously having more money doesn't always guarentee quality, but it sure helps! :lol:

ASordidGod

I live in England and its weird how the media here big up the PL as the best league to ever exist in the history of the world yet when our National team do its usual fuck up they are the first to slate, berrate and shit on us. most of the world class players here are foreign and would jump at the chance if Barca/Madrid came calling as we've seen countless times. the commentators here are so cringeworthy aswell totally feeding in to the deluded hype, Martin Tyler bangs on and on about viewing figures, excitement, the drama, the competition etc etc and then an oil club like City make a mockery of the entire title race :lol:

Madrid will show Liverpool up in the final.. sadly

Oh there are are loads blinded by their patriotism/delusion, absolutely. And without foreign talent the league would be a joke.

PhilS

I haven't watched enough of other leagues to really compare to be honest, but my (possibly biased) impression is that the Prem is more unpredictable. I mean obviously City cruised it this year, but that's an exception, and I feel (again possibly incorrectly) that there is more potential for upset, more 'good' teams of a similar standard rather than a couple of great ones, or just one great team in Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 etc. Certainly there's a lot more money, and spread with greater equality meaning that even relegation candidates can bring in players of a standard beyond that of relegation candidates in other leagues. Obviously having more money doesn't always guarentee quality, but it sure helps! :lol:

The big recent increase in PL money has seemed to help the level of play for the teams not towards the top of the league. However, the much smaller increases in money for La Liga has also helped the teams below the top. I don't think the best teams have improved, they have just gotten more expensive. La Liga remains the best.

Andrew M

The big recent increase in PL money has seemed to help the level of play for the teams not towards the top of the league. However, the much smaller increases in money for La Liga has also helped the teams below the top. I don't think the best teams have improved, they have just gotten more expensive. La Liga remains the best.

The bottom of the Premier League is completely shit. The league is not stronger than 10 years ago at the bottom

Morten

Will be a treble-winner if Liverpool wins tonight, rarely has a player contributed so much to all the titles his teams won :worthy:

xXKonan

Seems like a win win situation for him.

Liverpool win he wins the treble.

Liverpool lose, he still has a nice domestic double to his name.

Home of Barca Fans