7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

soul24rage

Tbh, Suarez needed it more. You know, to boost his morale, and also because he earned it.

ya I think giving to suarez was the right move for the reasons u mentioned. I just thought that because Coutinho was the only one who didn't score out of messi, suarez and dembele, Messi would have also wanted him to score as well.

Vilarrubi

Give him a run of games at CM and he will get better and better.

In a role in a 4-3-3 as a the CAM he will be good IMO. Yeah he's not a pure CM like Iniesta was but given more time there he will keep adapting there. I feel out of all the #10's we had in the past couple of seasons I have a feeling he will be the guy that can make the transition deeper because of the sheer quality he has.

+1 he had some games playing a fairly deep CM roles for Liverpool and was class too.

soul24rage

I was skeptical of Coutinho as one of the interiors of a 433 as I thought he would be better at LW, but he played a great game vs Huesca. Let's hope that kind of performances in CM continues.

Danic

Personally i always wanted him as a CM cause i think he has to much talents that wont really come into play as LW.
He has also everything to be a great playmaker and these players are somehow wasted as a winger.
It was similar with iniesta. While still good on the wings he didnt have the impact like when playing as CM.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Another goal for Brazil yesterday. Played as part of a midfield three, alongside Casemiro + Arthur.

Should do so for us as well - A mid field 3 of Busquets + Arthur + Coutinho.

Rakitic can rotate with Arthur and Vidal can rotate with Busquets! I hope the above trio ends up being our starting mid field who are well rested come the business end of the season!

Joan

Coutinho-Busquets-Arthur feels like poor man's Iniesta-Busquets-Xavi.

Coutinho adds his own, but the other two are lacking.

Last edited:

serghei

Coutinho-Busquets-Arthur feels like poor man's Iniesta-Busquets-Xavi.

Coutinho adds his own, but the other two are lacking.

What's lacking the most is a competent manager to make it all work. There are teams who play better than us in CL with midfields a lot weaker than that on paper.

Home of Barca Fans