7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

serghei

He is like a new signing indeed. We had the double locked in when he joined almost, and in CL he couldn't help. So he's like a new signing.

When you think about it, we can line a 100% new midfield in CL this year, with Coutinho - Vidal - Arthur.

Vilarrubi

He is like a new signing indeed. We had the double locked in when he joined almost, and in CL he couldn't help. So he's like a new signing.

When you think about it, we can line a 100% new midfield in CL this year, with Coutinho - Vidal - Arthur.

That is tasty

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Then why are RFEF releasing statement that there is no laws against non-EU players for SuperCopa? Surely would be pointless if he has it. What's the source?

[tw]1028374772613308416[/tw]

Perhaps Dermot Corrigan could take his Madrid-tinted glasses off and use his journalism degree to find out that every other outlet is reporting that Coutinho has a Portuguese passport now. As for why RFEF issued this statement it is because Barca asked them to clarify the rules beforehand in case Coutinho wouldn't get his passport in time, but they don't view this as a professional competition, more as a glorified friendly like the Community Shield, so their rules are not applicable here, and have been this way since 2007/08.

El Gato

Villarato!
Perhaps Dermot Corrigan could take his Madrid-tinted glasses off and use his journalism degree to find out that every other outlet is reporting that Coutinho has a Portuguese passport now. As for why RFEF issued this statement it is because Barca asked them to clarify the rules beforehand in case Coutinho wouldn't get his passport in time, but they don't view this as a professional competition, more as a glorified friendly like the Community Shield, so their rules are not applicable here, and have been this way since 2007/08.

It makes no difference to me. Just curious as to how everyone is confident that it's not a big deal, while the Barca board had seemingly entirely forgot about satisfying the league criteria. It just seems like another institutional blunder. Like, what's happening with Marlon Santos? I may be ignorant on this, but isn't he supposed to be your 4th CB? Or is Vermaelen staying?

Joan

It makes no difference to me. Just curious as to how everyone is confident that it's not a big deal, while the Barca board had seemingly entirely forgot about satisfying the league criteria. It just seems like another institutional blunder. Like, what's happening with Marlon Santos? I may be ignorant on this, but isn't he supposed to be your 4th CB? Or is Vermaelen staying?
Vermaelen is staying. Marlon was close to leaving but Newcastle couldn't get him a work permit in time. Now we're looking for another loan.

soul24rage

I think the board was confident that Cou's passport will have arrived before August or at the latest before the season began. Marlon right now is our 5th CB with Vermaelen staying so we're trying to either sell or loan him out for this season

Home of Barca Fans