7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Givenchy

Allegri? LOL He's Valverde 2.0. Just look at the disgrace of his tactics against Napoli in the title decider, and on home ground at that. While the others here are simply unobtainable. Tuchel just joined PSG, while Klopp, Simeone (another LOL) and Pep aren't going anywhere. That doesn't mean we don't need someone other than Valverde. The best we could do right now is Sarri. The perfect manager really. But under this poison Board, led by Bartomeu and PL psychical lover Segura there's no way we'll get someone as good as Sarri, cause that would mean, the transfer policy would also finally have to move on from this tall, psychical crap and back to Barcelona basics, small, but technical and quick moving and thinking players.

totally agree with Sarri, shame our board probably don't even know he exists

as for Allegri, I'd rather him over EV at this stage.

Joan

Valverde is not even a defensive-minded manager. I don't know how good of a coach he is, though.

I would never take Sarri. He has many problems. Would take Setien over him.

gregorrin10

Valverde is not even a defensive-minded manager. I don't know how good of a coach he is, though.

I would never take Sarri. He has many problems. Would take Setien over him.

Totally forgot about Setien, he could be an interesting choice as well, especially since he also falls into 'La Liga experience' bracket, and we all know how much our Board loves to bring those. :p But seriously, Setien's teams seem to play really nice football, which is the main thing i've been missing. If we're not winning the UCL, we could at least be playing nice football, right now we don't have either.

As for Sarri, he might be a wild card with attitude problems, like Bielsa or Simeone, but at least these kind of managers would be drilling this lazy ass team we are now, and bring some much needed life, order and competition back into the team, who looks almost dead at times. Highest wages in world football and all that, players gladly get paid big, while playing shit. Many of them should have their wages cut in half for their performances.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Setien would be interesting but he's never managed a big club before. When a club legend like Pep, Lucho, Zidane come to a club they already have alot of respect. They may not have experience but they are respected and motivate the players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We need Griezmann, Arthur, and by the looks of it, a new CB and we're set. Would be great to have all of them in the summer.

Sorry serghei, but we need a World Class or a very good midfielder too or else the problem remains.

Liverpool are in the CL final and will strengthen their squad by bringing in Naby Keita and Nabil Fekir and possibly a better CB to replace Lovren and a new GK.

Arthur won't join before January. We've lost Iniesta and while Coutinho is his replacement in theory, we need another great player in there that's able to do something more than play sideway passes and defend at a decent level.

We need someone like Eriksen or Thiago (depending on how we want to play) alongside Coutinho. More so because we're going to have to carry a liability in Suarez the next season too.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Where is there a transfer of wanting 'tall, physical players'?

Folk say shit like this that is not reflected in the signings being made.

Coutinho, Arthur, Dembele, Griezman, Deulofeu, Semedo etc dont fit that profile.
That’s because all those transfers have Fernandez written all over them but Barto, think last summer, moved Segura ahead of Fernandez in the pecking order and there have been politics between the two ever since. Segura likes physical players and is rumoured to want to cancel the Arthur deal in favour of Fabian Ruiz. Not that Ruiz would be bad signing though because he is remarkably technical for such a big fellow.

It is Fernandez’ own fault though due to young signings like Gomes, Vidal, Paco, Digne and even Denis which have so far failed in the grand scheme of things.

Fernandez’ problem was that when he came in (2015) he tried to achieve continuity through youth when it would have been best to get more established names at that point and then filter in youth. At that point Xavi, Alves and Pedro were about to leave and expecting youth to fill that void was incredibly naive.

Last edited:

serghei

Sorry serghei, but we need a World Class or a very good midfielder too or else the problem remains.

Liverpool are in the CL final and will strengthen their squad by bringing in Naby Keita and Nabil Fekir and possibly a better CB to replace Lovren and a new GK.

Arthur won't join before January. We've lost Iniesta and while Coutinho is his replacement in theory, we need another great player in there that's able to do something more than play sideway passes and defend at a decent level.

We need someone like Eriksen or Thiago (depending on how we want to play) alongside Coutinho. More so because we're going to have to carry a liability in Suarez the next season too.

Arthur is everything we need. Just need to bring him in the summer.

JamDav1982

That’s because all those transfers have Fernandez written all over them but Barto, think last summer, moved Segura ahead of Fernandez in the pecking order and there have been politics between the two ever since. Segura likes physical players and is rumoured to want to cancel the Arthur deal in favour of Fabian Ruiz. Not that Ruiz would be bad signing though because he is remarkably technical for such a big fellow.

It is Fernandez’ own fault though due to young signings like Gomes, Vidal, Paco, Digne and even Denis which have so far failed in the grand scheme of things.

Fernandez’ problem was that when he came in (2015) he tried to achieve continuity through youth when it would have been best to get more established names at that point and then filter in youth. At that point Xavi, Alves and Pedro were about to leave and expecting youth to fill that void was incredibly naive.

Since last summer Barca have signed Coutinho, Artur and looks like probably Griezmann.

There is no policy to go looking for too many tall, physical players.

To be honest I think teams lacks that and would love a couple more tall hard fuckers in the team but have to be v good technically not just there for physicality.

I think team lacks that but not to extent BBZ argues.

JamDav1982

Arthur is everything we need. Just need to bring him in the summer.

It is still up in the air how good he will be.

Those videos he looks rarely pressured and watched him couple times and not been blown away from what have seen.

Looks almost a bit out of control and reactive more than likes of Xavi was but it is an unfair comparison on anyone and not seen enough of him really.

M

MessiCam

Since last summer Barca have signed Coutinho, Artur and looks like probably Griezmann.

There is no policy to go looking for too many tall, physical players.

To be honest I think teams lacks that and would love a couple more tall hard fuckers in the team but have to be v good technically not just there for physicality.

I think team lacks that but not to extent BBZ argues.
Yes, that’s because Fernandez is still around. His contract is expiring though and it doesn’t appear that it will be renewed.

Recently Segura has begun to throw his weight around. Even negotiating some Masia contracts which have ended in disaster. There has been an exodus of some sort... Segura really has no business in Barcelona. He made his name in Greece and moved to Liverpool as the technical guy where basically his only success (if it can be termed that) was Sterling.

JamDav1982

Yes, that’s because Fernandez is still around. His contract is expiring though and it doesn’t appear that it will be renewed.

Recently Segura has begun to throw his weight around. Even negotiating some Masia contracts which have ended in disaster. There has been an exodus of some sort... Segura really has no business in Barcelona. He made his name in Greece and moved to Liverpool as the technical guy where basically his only success (if it can be termed that) was Sterling.

Exactly so there has been no move to bring in more and more big physical players since last summer as I said.

You pointed to last summer.

There is nothing to show that it is the case infact the opposite has been the case. It is all based on some idea from some Segura quote years ago and as I said Barca do need taller, physical players in team. Every team ever does.

Last edited:

serghei

It is still up in the air how good he will be.

Those videos he looks rarely pressured and watched him couple times and not been blown away from what have seen.

Looks almost a bit out of control and reactive more than likes of Xavi was but it is an unfair comparison on anyone and not seen enough of him really.

We won't be able to pay 100m+ for every starter in every position from defense up. So in the end we'll have to sign talent and develop that talent in several positions, like Madrid is doing. Arthur is exactly that type of signing.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

We won't be able to pay 100m+ for every starter in every position from defense up. So in the end we'll have to sign talent and develop that talent in several positions, like Madrid is doing. Arthur is exactly that type of signing.

Who has said Barca need to pay 100m for a starter in evry position?

I know what type of signing Arthur is just dont agree that he is the answer and 'all that is needed' as these signings come with risk and for me doesnt quite look as good as seems to look to others.

Not sure why Madrid are being held up as any great example. Their success is built on the same big money signings for years.

serghei

Who has said Barca need to pay 100m for a starter in evry position?

I know what type of signing Arthur is just dont agree that he is the answer and 'all that is needed' as these signings come with risk and for me doesnt quite look as good as seems to look to others.

Not sure why Madrid are being held up as any great example. Their success is built on the same big money signings for years.

He is the answer. Develop him and you have a player like Isco (only more CM than AM) in a short period of time. There is no alternative. We can't pay 500m + for Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann and someone like Thiago or Eriksen. If Griezmann is signed, no high profile midfielder will be signed because there's no money for that. So Arthur will be our only hope of improving the midfield with a central midfielder.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans