7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

ASordidGod

Hazard would not have been the ideal replacement.

Coutinho is better and more versatile player and proven to be great as par

Isco is not in same class as Coutinho.

Well if Coutinho proves himself versatile enough to play cm, be Iniesta's replacement then great. But left wing I maintain he's too much of a downgrade on Neymar.

behindbrowneyes

But left wing I maintain he's too much of a downgrade on Neymar.

We'll see. It all depends on team needs and there was a time when Pedro played an important role. And Coutinho is far above Pedro talentwise.

I don't see Coutinho as a longterm LW either, but I can imagine him playing the left position in a 4-2-3-1 or instead of Iniesta in 4-3-3. It all depends on Valverde and His plans with Griezmann.

PhilS

Isco or Hazard would be fantastic with Barca, they would be fantastic with any team. Neither will ever come to Barca.

Coutinho is our guy, and we are very fortunate to have him. He fits into this team, especially with Iniesta leaving. What position? Coutinho has proven he can play in quite a variety of positions. if Barca had two Coutinhos, both would start.

dakt

Fantastic season for him here, so glad he joined the club, I like him as a player and as a person. I cannot wait to see him next season.

serghei

Fantastic season for him here, so glad he joined the club, I like him as a player and as a person. I cannot wait to see him next season.

We need Griezmann, Arthur, and by the looks of it, a new CB and we're set. Would be great to have all of them in the summer.

serghei

We need a new manager. Put Allegri, Tuchel, Klopp Simeon or Pep in charge of this squad and you'd see great football and results.

Allegri is not known for playing great football though, he mostly has shown he can attack when he has to, but his default plan is based on defending. Lazio - Juve this season was one of the most boring and dead games I've seen. Literally like 2 chances all game for both teams combined. Same with Simeone really, not sure the type of football they play matches the club's philosophy of playing attacking football.

I'm personally tired of managers who don't have a style that they are very faithful to. I'd like someone who has Pep's ambition to play a certain brand of football 99% of the time. To see the same tactics applied no matter the opponent.

A manager like that would've done no worse than Valverde in La Liga, and would've made at least the CL semis based on the easy draw we had.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

It's just stupidity to play the same tactics vs everyone though. You should make adjustments based on your opponent.

Find their weak spots and abuse those and then fix those spots where you think they will exploit you.

Barcilliant

It's just stupidity to play the same tactics vs everyone though. You should make adjustments based on your opponent.

Find their weak spots and abuse those and then fix those spots where you think they will exploit you.

Exactly!

Remember teams like Inter, Chelsea and even Rubin Kazan neutralised our tiki taka under Pep and that was Prime Barca.

While I prefer an attack oriented style it should be flexible enough to allow some variation.

I think Pep has learnt this from his time at Bayern. His City team are more direct and score in different ways. Wouldn't be surprised if City win CL within the next two seasons.

gregorrin10

We need a new manager. Put Allegri, Tuchel, Klopp Simeon or Pep in charge of this squad and you'd see great football and results.

Allegri? LOL He's Valverde 2.0. Just look at the disgrace of his tactics against Napoli in the title decider, and on home ground at that. While the others here are simply unobtainable. Tuchel just joined PSG, while Klopp, Simeone (another LOL) and Pep aren't going anywhere. That doesn't mean we don't need someone other than Valverde. The best we could do right now is Sarri. The perfect manager really. But under this poison Board, led by Bartomeu and PL psychical lover Segura there's no way we'll get someone as good as Sarri, cause that would mean, the transfer policy would also finally have to move on from this tall, psychical crap and back to Barcelona basics, small, but technical and quick moving and thinking players.

JamDav1982

Allegri? LOL He's Valverde 2.0. Just look at the disgrace of his tactics against Napoli in the title decider, and on home ground at that. While the others here are simply unobtainable. Tuchel just joined PSG, while Klopp, Simeone (another LOL) and Pep aren't going anywhere. That doesn't mean we don't need someone other than Valverde. The best we could do right now is Sarri. The perfect manager really. But under this poison Board, led by Bartomeu and PL psychical lover Segura there's no way we'll get someone as good as Sarri, cause that would mean, the transfer policy would also finally have to move on from this tall, psychical crap and back to Barcelona basics, small, but technical and quick moving and thinking players.

Where is there a transfer of wanting 'tall, physical players'?

Folk say shit like this that is not reflected in the signings being made.

Coutinho, Arthur, Dembele, Griezman, Deulofeu, Semedo etc dont fit that profile.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly!

Remember teams like Inter, Chelsea and even Rubin Kazan neutralised our tiki taka under Pep and that was Prime Barca.

While I prefer an attack oriented style it should be flexible enough to allow some variation.

I think Pep has learnt this from his time at Bayern. His City team are more direct and score in different ways. Wouldn't be surprised if City win CL within the next two seasons.

Amen bro. It's better to have few options for tactics than just one. It also makes it easy for your opponent to come up with a plan if you always play the same.

FinBarcelonafan

People saying Simeone lol, but how many of his players are underperforming? He gets everything out of Atletico. That guy inspires his players to give them all every game and every season. That's not easy thing to do. I respect Simeone a lot and I think he's a great coach.

I think Simeone could give our team some energy. Sometimes we look like spoiled poodels playing and he would change that. Simeone would get 100% out of this team and that would mean CL win and LaLiga..

Simeone or Valverde? Not close. Simeone. He wouldn't use the same tactics as with Atletico, because he is not an idiot. Barca is build differently.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans