7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Sorin

No surprise. Playing better and better with each passing game.

However, am I the only one noticing a lack of fitness? Seem to me that in every game, after the 60th minute or so his level significantly drops. Remember his time in Liverpool, he got substituted constantly after the 70th minute.

FCBfan22

No surprise. Playing better and better with each passing game.

However, am I the only one noticing a lack of fitness? Seem to me that in every game, after the 60th minute or so his level significantly drops. Remember his time in Liverpool, he got substituted constantly after the 70th minute.

No. You are noticing that Coutinho gets tired (as does Dembele), because he needs to cover for Messi and Suarez defensively and runs like hell because of that.

Joan

No. You are noticing that Coutinho gets tired (as does Dembele), because he needs to cover for Messi and Suarez defensively and runs like hell because of that.

True that. He runs a lot. Before he was substituted, he ran like 9 kilometers, second most.

Sorin

It happened at Liverpool too. Do they also have Messi and Suarez? Those guys at Liverpool run their socks off. Both the front 3 and the midfield. Can t imagine Coutinho covering for somebody there. Still ended most of the games on the bench.

FCBfan22

It happened at Liverpool too. Do they also have Messi and Suarez? Those guys at Liverpool run their socks off. Both the front 3 and the midfield. Can t imagine Coutinho covering for somebody there. Still ended most of the games on the bench.

Liverpool is one of the most intense teams right now. There, the whole team must run like hell, because Klopp wants it to. Comparing that to our slow-arse game is some kind of insult.

Joan

That's the distance Suarez covers in 90 minutes.

But he works hard and runs his ass off I guess. Did before, but not anymore.

He can't run much these days, I think. On top of that, can't run 2 times a week.

You could call me a Suarez fanboy, I loved him, still do in fact, but for the best of Barca, he should go. We shouldn't pay that much someone who's not a starter.

Sorin

Liverpool is one of the most intense teams right now. There, the whole team must run like hell, because Klopp wants it to. Comparing that to our slow-arse game is some kind of insult.

Man look, i didn't mean that as criticism for Coutinho. I quite like what i've seen from him. I'm sure he puts everything he has in trainings and in games. It's just something i noticed happening in 2 teams already and i was wondering if his stamina in general is not that great. And it's ok, there are stamina freaks like kante, roberto etc. And then there are the likes of Messi and Coutinho. Well, Messi even more so. Nothing wrong with that. Usain Bolt can't run a marathon like Gebreselassie and the latter can't sprint like Usain.

The fact is that coutinho mostly played once every week for most of this year, and then not even that much since Valverde thought that Iniesta was indestructible. Seems to me that he should've been one of the freshest players on the pitch eveb after the 60th minute. Again I'm not really criticizing Coutinho here. It's more of an observation.

If you show me where i compared our intensity with Liverpool's that would be great.

Home of Barca Fans