7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

There was one game against West Ham last year where he played deep I think.

And that's supposed to prove he can play well as a CM? I was looking more for a sizable number of performances against other top 6 sides in the PL where he bossed it while playing deep; if they exist. West Ham are rubbish.

M

MessiCam

And that's supposed to prove he can play well as a CM? I was looking more for a sizable number of performances against other top 6 sides in the PL where he bossed it while playing deep; if they exist. West Ham are rubbish.

Under Klopp he’s mostly played as a forward. It’s only this season when Salah arrived that he was moved to midfield. But when he did play in midfield he ended up playing in the same areas as he did when he played as forward. Liverpool basically played with a front 4.

JamDav1982

Under Klopp he’s mostly played as a forward. It’s only this season when Salah arrived that he was moved to midfield. But when he did play in midfield he ended up playing in the same areas as he did when he played as forward. Liverpool basically played with a front 4.

He wasnt being asked to play as a CM from deep this season either for most part. He was more or less a no.10 which is not much different than when playing on left as he drifted inside all the time anyway.

Never really played as a 'forward' at Liverpool often.

M

MessiCam

He wasnt being asked to play as a CM from deep this season either for most part. He was more or less a no.10 which is not much different than when playing on left as he drifted inside all the time anyway.

Never really played as a 'forward' at Liverpool often.
Under Klopp Coutinho has played predominantly as an inverted LW. That’s a forward.

JamDav1982

Under Klopp Coutinho has played predominantly as an inverted LW. That’s a forward.

It isnt he played more or less as an attacking mid from the left.

Unless you count attacking mid/10s as forwards I suppose.

He has always been the one they look to get on ball he would come central and even drop deep into CM areas a lot.

Danic

Does it matter really how often he played it in pool? Does Pool play 433?
Just test it for 1-2 Games.Still feel he could give more to the game and he has the skills to play as a cm for sure.

jamrock

Where does people get this he played at CM for Liverpool? Outside of 1 or 2 games as a little trial.

I watch almost every single Liverpool game by best friend is a Liverpool fan, we watch games together.

1 thing I can guarantee anyone, which I said since we signed him & he hasn't prove it wrong yet

Coutinho cannot in any for shape or way play CM at this moment in time, his first thought is to go forward & score, iniesta dribbles but not really to get forward but to create time & space for himself & the team.

I hate having to keep repeating myself but the player he is most like is KDB, last season where pep took him off the wing & played him in Midfield, just how KDB needed 1 season to adjust so will coutinho.

He will be a success for us in a 433 but this he can easily play there thing I don't know where they get that from & nothing so far as shown that to be the case.

But he will learn to release the ball sooner let the ball do more of the work & everything will be fine.

PS KDB Still holds the call too long at times, needs to get rid of that totally, he will next season I'm sure.

JamDav1982

Dont agree and he has played in deeper areas and as a CM.

Klopp himself has said in past Coutinho has and can play as an 8.

Can see how it pans out.

Joan

Valverde's been playing 4-2-3-1 for his whole life. Why would he change that? I still think he'll come good as a LM in 442, playing as a LW when attack.

kattanib

We shouldn't be stuck with these rigid guiding numbers .. 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 .. etc.

Coutinho seems to be good at playing in a position similar to Ronaldinho, which isn't necessarily a winger (like Neymar) but something between LM, LAM and LW. This is usually good if there is a pure winger on the other side and lucky there will be potentially someone useful (though not useful as we speak). The only issue remains in Messi vs Suarez .. and the solution is for Messi to take Deco's role and Suarez to take Eto'o's. This also means that while Busquets remains, Raki needs to be replaced by a pure CM Meastro. Will that be Aurther? I'm not sure

FC B

I'd rather he be more direct. We have enough tippy tappy shit going on. Coutinho is a great shooter and if the chance is there why not take it.

That Chelsea display is what happens when we just keep passing the ball and no one even tries to shoot.

Exactly

Danic

Valverde's been playing 4-2-3-1 for his whole life. Why would he change that? I still think he'll come good as a LM in 442, playing as a LW when attack.

He actually changed it vs malaga?! This was pretty obv 433.busi was the only 6er. Raki and paulinho in front of him.

Home of Barca Fans