7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

ATLBarcaFan

Thought he played pretty well, I would like to see him work harder in trying to recover possession. Hope he gets a start this weekend.

Nothanks

he seems to roam far more than messi does, we need to figure out how to use the both of them at the same time.
i would rather see messi dominate the center and right (seniority) and coutinho stick more to the mid left

M

MessiCam

he seems to roam far more than messi does, we need to figure out how to use the both of them at the same time.
i would rather see messi dominate the center and right (seniority) and coutinho stick more to the mid left
Yep. He had his best years under Klopps chaotic system. Gonna have to be far more disciplined here.

cule19

why does it hurt you? he does not play the same role as Coutinho!

He doesn't but that's not the problem. Can't think that Dembele's confidence can be very high right now, came at a young age for a record-breaking fee and he has unluckily been injured most of the time, his performances haven't been too good. Meanwhile Coutinho comes on and fits perfectly, plays comfortable. Dembele is still at an age where he needs and wants to prove himself, and he has had a hard time doing so at FCB which is now even harder with another new player outshining him.

Perhaps when he's fit it'll be good, and we'll just play some kind of diamond up front, but I can't help but feel that with both Dembele and Coutinho, a big name will be left out of the main squad. Only formation that can fit everyone right now I think is some sort of 4-1-2-2-1 (4-3-3) with Messi and Iniesta in front of Busquets, Dembele and Coutinho playing wide; personally I think that's too many attacking players and I'd rather have Paulinho or Rakitic instead of Dembele.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

He doesn't but that's not the problem. Can't think that Dembele's confidence can be very high right now, came at a young age for a record-breaking fee and he has unluckily been injured most of the time, his performances haven't been too good. Meanwhile Coutinho comes on and fits perfectly, plays comfortable. Dembele is still at an age where he needs and wants to prove himself, and he has had a hard time doing so at FCB which is now even harder with another new player outshining him.

Perhaps when he's fit it'll be good, and we'll just play some kind of diamond up front, but I can't help but feel that with both Dembele and Coutinho, a big name will be left out of the main squad. Only formation that can fit everyone right now I think is some sort of 4-1-2-2-1 (4-3-3) with Messi and Iniesta in front of Busquets, Dembele and Coutinho playing wide; personally I think that's too many attacking players and I'd rather have Paulinho or Rakitic instead of Dembele.

Me personally would rather have Dembele on the right than Coutinho.

xXKonan

Me personally would rather have Dembele on the right than Coutinho.
Eventually it's likely going to be Dembele on the right and Coutinho on the left with Iniesta being phased out into the old Lucho Xavi role.

If Dembele can keep fit, I think one of the things Valverde will work on is improving Dembele's defensive contribution.

Maxim4

why do you think that Coutinho adapts but pa Dembélé?

he makes two decisive passes for a few games and every time he plays he manages to create goal chances.
coutinho for now it seems to be lost but it will happen with the time

Windhook

Time to get loose and buy some slim fit pants uncle

tumblr_mzb4216j6e1qmn5ngo2_500.gif

PhilS

He doesn't need to play all the time, but playing Vidal before Coutinho is difficult to understand. Vidal has a good attitude, he understands the style of play well, he works hard, good aggression. His problem is that he is just not good enough to play much for a team like this.

More Coutinho, please. What position does not make much difference with this guy, just not too much bench.

Home of Barca Fans