7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Easy now, both different types of players, cant really compare them. Clearly Iniesta is much more visionary with better ball control, while Coutinho is more pacey, agressive and direct attacking. Obviously, Iniesta's age has caught up and his output has lessened over the years but still some things are still there for us to witness even after all these years.
I understand what you're saying but Iniesta can no longer compete with someone this young and talented. You made it sound like he had ways to go still to replace him, I disagree I think it's pretty clear who will bring more to the team overall.

M

MessiCam

Easy now, both different types of players, cant really compare them. Clearly Iniesta is much more visionary with better ball control, while Coutinho is more pacey, agressive and direct attacking. Obviously, Iniesta's age has caught up and his output has lessened over the years but still some things are still there for us to witness even after all these years.

He's actually very similar to Neymar but a more effective version of him. Clear examples are when he ran down the left flank and provided the ball to Suarez. He is more like a winger/midfield hybrid but he is definitely no Iniesta. He still can learn from Iniesta, but probably wont be as good as him in terms of midfield dominance.

He is never going to be an Iniesta because he is not a CM. He plays a lot further up the pitch and it was already pretty evident last night. He should be played as a wing in a 4-2-3-1.

Ken_rosseneri

Why the heck are people bashing Dembele? What's wrong with you? Dembele is a great talent and he will come along.. injuries have hampered his improvement soo far..

Dembele's debut was awesome.. don't act oblivious to the fact that Dembele is still very young... how many games has he even started or even played for Barca? Can count it with one hand.

Dembele has performed so much better than Gomes, Dennis Suarez, Vidal have done combined in their time in Barca and that's even Dembele's worst..

oh and Dembele assisted on his debut..someone that consistently tortured Bayern.. jus take a chill ok.. not as if Dembele has sucked for Barca cuz he hasn't.. so chill

Raketa10

He showed more yesterday in 20 minutes than all other midfielders in 90 minutes. He will add another dimension to our team.

mesiesta

I always felt that in this transfer market he is the best fit for Barcelona. He will shine here for a long time. Welcome Coutinho!

henias

I understand what you're saying but Iniesta can no longer compete with someone this young and talented. You made it sound like he had ways to go still to replace him, I disagree I think it's pretty clear who will bring more to the team overall.

I think u misintepreted me. What im saying is Iniesta has qualities and certain visionary and awareness that Coutinho doesnt have, and is not a direct replacement of him. While Coutinho has more pace, better attacking threat, he is still no midfield genius like Iniesta. Like I said, Iniesta is obviously old and I never said he is better than Coutinho in today's time in terms of output, due to his age and decline.

Just like how we can never replace Xavi, and we tried to make up with players of other qualities but obviously in a situation when we really need that midfield dominance and control, we are still missing their footballing brains, vision and hyperawareness.

Which is why I thought Coutinho can definitely learn a thing or two from Andres, before he retires.

Nothanks

He showed more yesterday in 20 minutes than all other midfielders in 90 minutes. He will add another dimension to our team.

ehhhh iniesta yesterday had an amazing game, his dribbling and positional awareness (aka not getting in albas way but setting alba up) were on point... oh and how he shielded the ball and got off sticky situations :worthy:
i liked coutinho's debut but he needs to adapt to the formation and i'm personally excited to see more from him

vlad

You are just irritating . Dembelle is a 20 year old raw talent and comparing him with a 25 year old player who has played in Pl shows how big a dumbass you are . Can you please fuck off with your anti Dembelle posts . :facepalm:

Why act like such a dembele fanboy, some people have doubts about him, its not enough to be just a talent.

Will he adapt to valverde's plans?

Can he improve his finishing?

Griezmann is coming, where he will play?

Can he stay injury free?

So there is reasons to doubt him, and he was panic buy after neymar left

RMU ReBorn

Why act like such a dembele fanboy, some people have doubts about him, its not enough to be just a talent.

Can he stay injury free?

Check out that Total ('Troll) Football's posts
.Not just once ,he has been constantly criticizing Dembelle for no reason. This ain't a Dembelle thread and yet he mentioned his name twice here just to criticize him . I don't like bashing our own players calling them names like bitch , Fraud , etc when they play for us . what's the purpose of comparing a 25 year old player who has been on top level for 5 years with a 20 year old raw talent ?

BerkeleyBernie

This, he showed his talent, but also his off the ball movement was bad imo, he will need time to adapt to his teammates movement

Actually, his off the ball movement was the first thing I noticed- he moves to receive much quicker than other Barça players- which means he will be open more often and will see the ball more.

Great debut. *This* is going to be fun. Most multi-dimensional player on the team after Messi.

Maxim4

Can he stay injury free?

Barcelona has always wanted to recruit Dembele since 2016, so it's not a rushed purchase

BerkeleyBernie

I think u misintepreted me. What im saying is Iniesta has qualities and certain visionary and awareness that Coutinho doesnt have, and is not a direct replacement of him. While Coutinho has more pace, better attacking threat, he is still no midfield genius like Iniesta. Like I said, Iniesta is obviously old and I never said he is better than Coutinho in today's time in terms of output, due to his age and decline.

Just like how we can never replace Xavi, and we tried to make up with players of other qualities but obviously in a situation when we really need that midfield dominance and control, we are still missing their footballing brains, vision and hyperawareness.

Which is why I thought Coutinho can definitely learn a thing or two from Andres, before he retires.

Have you watched Coutinho play? He has excellent vision and is a fine playmaker. He won't be lacking in that department. And I say this as a huge Iniesta fan.

Xavi, like Messi, is one-of-a-kind and created his own role on the pitch.

JamDav1982

He is the nearest thing to Iniesta out there and the best attacking midfielder in the world for me.

His vision is one of his main strengths as are his footballing brain and awareness.

Absolutely perfect for Barca in a number of positions.

CanadianBlaugrana

He is the nearest thing to Iniesta out there and the best attacking midfielder in the world for me.

His vision is one of his main strengths as are his footballing brain and awareness.

Absolutely perfect for Barca in a number of positions.

I second this JamDav1982. Phil did look slightly nervous yesterday but that’s to be expected. Very happy he’s on our team.

Home of Barca Fans