7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Messi983

I see alot of people telling Barcelona should sell/loan Rafinha, Turan, Vidal, Gomes etc. But then who is going to stay on the bench?

We would still have a good bench.

Let's say this is our best XI (just focus on names, not formation as I don't think we'll really play 4-3-3)

MATS
Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba
Rakitic-Busquets-Coutinho
Dembele-Messi-Suarez

bench: Cillessen, Vermaelen, Semedo, Digne, Iniesta, Paulinho, Paco

with players like Mina, Denis/Rafinha (we'll probably keep at least one of them), Gomes (I think he'll stay unless we get a really good offer) not even in the match squad. Of course there will be rotations so everyone will get a chance.

That's around 21 first team players with Arnaiz or Alena also called up from Barça B if needed. It was said already in summer that EV prefers to work with smaller squad. He had 6 months to make his selections and now it's obvious he's done that so we'll try to get rid of the players he doesn't count on.

khaled_a_d

We would still have a good bench.

Let's say this is our best XI (just focus on names, not formation as I don't think we'll really play 4-3-3)

MATS
Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba
Rakitic-Busquets-Coutinho
Dembele-Messi-Suarez

bench: Cillessen, Vermaelen, Semedo, Digne, Iniesta, Paulinho, Paco

with players like Mina, Denis/Rafinha (we'll probably keep at least one of them), Gomes (I think he'll stay unless we get a really good offer) not even in the match squad. Of course there will be rotations so everyone will get a chance.

That's around 21 first team players with Arnaiz or Alena also called up from Barça B if needed. It was said already in summer that EV prefers to work with smaller squad. He had 6 months to make his selections and now it's obvious he's done that so we'll try to get rid of the players he doesn't count on.

You see, you have kept 2 players from listed (Denis/Rafinha & Gomes) which makes ton of difference for our bench which what I think springfield point is all about
I actually liked our bench this year and think so far they have been difference maker for us, and honestly I don't want to lose that for sake of promoting B team on the bench

Windhook

With Coutinho's introduction someone is losing a lot of playing minutes in the trio Andre Gomes, Denis and Rafinha.

M

MessiCam

With Coutinho's introduction someone is losing a lot of playing minutes in the trio Andre Gomes, Denis and Rafinha.

Denis is the biggest loser here no doubt but I would still keep him as a squad player due to Iniesta's age and Coutinho's propensity for injuries.

Windhook

:coutinho:
Agenda for Coutinho this Monday:

12.30pm (all times CET): contract signing in the Presidential Anteroom
1.00pm: Official presentation in the Roma Lounge
1.45pm: Photo shoot on the pitch at the Camp Nou open to the public but with limited tickets. The Camp Nou will open to the public at 1.00pm.
2.30pm: Press conference in the Auditorium 1899

Messi983

You see, you have kept 2 players from listed (Denis/Rafinha & Gomes) which makes ton of difference for our bench which what I think springfield point is all about
I actually liked our bench this year and think so far they have been difference maker for us, and honestly I don't want to lose that for sake of promoting B team on the bench

I know. I've never said we should sell (or loan even less) everyone of them. My point was that even if some of them will go we'll still have a good bench.

I would actually keep Vidal too as I think he's a good backup RW who has shown to have good chemistry with Semedo but it seems he's on his way out. If it's really a loan with an OBLIGATORY buy in summer then I'm ok with that. If it's just a loan with buy option which they won't use then I'd rather keep him as I think he could still be useful.

I wouldn't loan Denis or Rafinha, I would only sell them if we get a good offer but it's unlikely, especially for Rafinha who is only coming back after longterm injury. Maybe loaning him so he can get regular playing time and get his value up wouldn't be the worst idea but then again, if every other player (except Arda) was given a fair chance to prove himself to Valverde this season I think he deserves that too. But first he needs to stay healthy.

Only players that I'd clearly get out now are Deulofeu (I just lost any hope in him and what's more important, EV seems to have the same opinion) and Arda (I'm one of the few on this board who actually like him as a player but it's clear he doesn't have a future here and if we can get rid of at least part of his high wages it makes sense to loan him).

About Gomes: I think he's improving and would only sell him if we'll get more than what we paid for him (which is unlikely again). Otherwise I'd keep him because we'll need depth in CL where Coutinho can't play so we only have Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic and Paulinho as proven midfielders. I know what popular opinion about him is but I think Gomes is still a far better midfielder than Denis and Rafinha who I both see more as backup wingers (or wide midfielders in 4-4-2) than CMs.

Home of Barca Fans