7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I was trying to say busquets has already played in a 4-2-3-1 before. and stop acting like 4231 has only been successful with spain. Many teams have had success with it without having to dominate possesion. You people are so dense :lol:

You seem not to get one very evident thing. We can't afford playing with Messi as a CAM in a 4-2-3-1. Would get slaughtered defensively on a regular basis with those holes in midfield.

serghei

You seem not to get one very evident thing. We can't afford playing with Messi as a CAM in a 4-2-3-1. Would get slaughtered defensively on a regular basis with those holes in midfield.

Not if the 2 wide midfielders form a very compact 4 line with the central midfielders in defensive transition. 4-2-3-1 becomes 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1) very fast with hard working wide players.

Jombi

YOu spew a lot of nonsense and you dont even bother reading my replies, but rather proceed to argue. Im wasting my time with you...AGAIN :lol:

There is no nonsense other than that crazy lineup. Messi isnt being moved to midfield to lose balls on a regular basis with Paulinho off in the opposition box or losing the ball as well.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Not if the 2 wide midfielders form a very compact 4 line with the central midfielders in defensive transition. 4-2-3-1 becomes 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1) very fast with hard working wide players.

Yes, that would be possible if we play center mids on the wings, like we do now. The only difference between a 4-2-3-1 and our current 4-4-2 will be just in the name really, especially given how Messi drifts anywhere he wants to. I called that formation a 4-2-3-1 implying that we would play two actual wingers on the wings, like Griezmann or Dembele for instance, and I'm just not sure we would be strong enough defensively. I think Coutinho can do the job on the left wing, but Dembele... His defensive side of the game seems weak.

serghei

Yes, that would be possible if we play center mids on the wings, like we do now. The only difference between a 4-2-3-1 and our current 4-4-2 will be just in the name really, especially given how Messi drifts anywhere he wants to. I called that formation a 4-2-3-1 implying that we would play two actual wingers on the wings, like Griezmann or Dembele for instance, and I'm just not sure we would be strong enough defensively. I think Coutinho can do the job on the left wing, but Dembele... His defensive side of the game seems weak.

Coutinho can play like Iniesta can right now with ease. The issue is with Dembele, but he could do it too I believe. He already did good defensive work vs Juventus in the 3-0 game. I was pleasantly surprised to see him even defending on Douglas Costa.

So, yea, when Messi drops a bit and Coutinho and Dembele push up, it becomes a 4-2-3-1 basically. We can switch between multiple systems depending on Messi. The issue is that it's harder to swtich to a 4-3-3 with both Messi and Suarez staying centrally.

Xaviniesta

Messi isnt being moved to midfield to lose balls on a regular basis with

But he already plays there...Messi's positioning this season. Right in front of Busquets and Rakitic.
Z9Bzi9B.jpg

Playing exactly like a #10 would play in a 4-2-3-1, except he also roams more to the right because our RM has been Deulofeu, who offers next to nothing in attack besides crosses. Now replace Deuolfeu with Dembele (while giving him instructions to defend) and you will have Messi stick more to the center.

Paulinho off in the opposition box or losing the ball as well.

Why do you keep mentiong this? I already said Rakitic would replace him in that line-up. Can you not read?

Xaviniesta

No Salah either. Both of them getting some days off to rest, most likely.

Salah is injured (edit: liverpool confirmed it now) but Coutinho isn't. Mane and Firmino are there btw. And it's burnley, it isn't an easy fixture for them...

Last edited:

FCBfan22

2 different options:

He is coming to Barcelona

or

He needs to drink the vodka that Suarez sent him on New Year's eve.

Home of Barca Fans