7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
messi's been losing the ball a lot only this season. and that's because he's being selfish as he only has suarez in front of him. you mean to tell me that our starting XI can't keep possesion even if we don't have Xavi? yea nice joke :lol:

I emphasized Xavi being the most advanced CM for Spain not because I meant to imply that we can't keep possession without him. Don't know how you could have concluded that. What I meant is that the CAM in a 4-2-3-1 must do quite a bit of defensive work as well, something what Messi obviously won't do. Xavi was good at defending and ran 10-11 km per game even in his latter years. Messi doesn't defend and runs about 7 km per game. See the difference? A 4-2-3-1 with Messi can work only if we have two defensive mids behind him (say Busi and Kante/Casemiro), but we will struggle to possess the ball properly because of a lack of a real number 6 on the pitch.

Xaviniesta

I emphasized Xavi being the most advanced CM for Spain not because I meant to imply that we can't keep possession without him. Don't know how you could have concluded that. What I meant is that the CAM in a 4-2-3-1 must do quite a bit of defensive work as well, something what Messi obviously won't do. Xavi was good at defending and ran 10-11 km per game even in his latter years. Messi doesn't defend and runs about 7 km per game. See the difference? A 4-2-3-1 with Messi can work only if we have two defensive mids behind him (say Busi and Kante/Casemiro), but we will struggle to possess the ball properly because of a lack of a real number 6 on the pitch.

We haven't had a real #6 for years yet we've dominated possesion :lol: Possesion isn't even priortized under valverde. And you defineitly don't need it to be successful in a 4231 even though Spain with Busquets have already done it.

Jombi

Spain won the worldcup using a 4-2-3-1. only one on this team who'd most likely lose possesion is Suarez.

It doesnt matter what numbers you call it. We would get slaughtered. You are comparing playing a Busi-Xavi-Iniesta midfield, three of the best possession based players in history with that suicidal lineup?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
saw this on twitter

rw89JKa.png

raki for paulinho

Roberto instead of Paulinho would be good

Xaviniesta

It doesnt matter what numbers you call it. We would get slaughtered. You are comparing playing a Busi-Xavi-Iniesta midfield, three of the best possession based players in history with that suicidal lineup?

I was trying to say busquets has already played in a 4-2-3-1 before. and stop acting like 4231 has only been successful with spain. Many teams have had success with it without having to dominate possesion. You people are so dense :lol:

Jombi

I was trying to say busquets has already played in a 4-2-3-1 before. and stop acting like 4231 has only been successful with spain. Many teams have had success with it. You people are so dense :lol:

It doesnt matter whether you call it 4231 or 433. Thats just number on a piece of paper. Everyone knows we will never play Paulinho together with Messi and Busi in midfield. Only one player can keep possession in that midfield. It would be nuts.

Alik

I was trying to say busquets has already played in a 4-2-3-1 before. and stop acting like 4231 has only been successful with spain. Many teams have had success with it without having to dominate possesion. You people are so dense :lol:

A 4-2-3-1 with Messi at CAM and Dembele at RW would be very weak defensively.

Xaviniesta

It doesnt matter whether you call it 4231 or 433. Thats just number on a piece of paper. Everyone knows we will never play Paulinho together with Messi and Busi in midfield. Only one player can keep possession in that midfield. It would be nuts.

Mate i said in that post replace Rakitic with Paulinho, and i didn't even create this image, i just found it on twitter! :lol:

Xaviniesta

Paulinho will be in the opposition box while Messi loses the ball in midfield. Busquets left against 4 opposition midfielders. :lol:

YOu spew a lot of nonsense and you dont even bother reading my replies, but rather proceed to argue. Im wasting my time with you...AGAIN :lol:

gregorrin10

That formation would work with a Kante. Not sure Busquets and Rakitic/Paulinho are enough cover for the defence. Between the front four we have no defence. Maybe against canon fodder it could work. Against the big dogs we'd get run over.

Oh come now, Coutinho and Dembele are very capable of defending as well, not everything is that bleak.

Home of Barca Fans