7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Messi983

I hope his price has gone up to 150m after this game. I like him but just don't think he's what we need. Let him stay in Liverpool and hopefully they can finally win BPL (they are still my favourite BPL team after all even if I don't really follow the league as much as I did few years ago)

Zincubus

Banned
we must get him
he should wear the Barcelona shirt

The daft thing is - given he's proven himself in the fast paced , hustling EPL he'd find La Liga a breeze in La Liga .
Also he's also proved he can link amazingly well with two of our three main forwards ... whilst Messi can link up with anyone - it means that getting Coutinho is a zero rated gamble !

Zincubus

Banned
I hope his price has gone up to 150m after this game. I like him but just don't think he's what we need. Let him stay in Liverpool and hopefully they can finally win BPL (they are still my favourite BPL team after all even if I don't really follow the league as much as I did few years ago)

You're not the only one saying he's not required and yet MANY like myself think that he is EXACTLY what we need !!

We have virtually no creativity in our midfield and even that comes from a rapidly declining Iniesta who whilst still shows glimpses of greatness is withering away nearly as fast as Rooney .

The times Iniesta gives the ball away these days is a big concern .

As to Rakitic I'd rate him as a bench player at the very best .

Never been a Barca type player IMHO

The daft thing is - given he's proven himself in the fast paced , hustling EPL he'd find La Liga a breeze in La Liga .
Also he's also proved he can link amazingly well with two of our three main forwards ... whilst Messi can link up with anyone - it means that getting Coutinho is a zero rated gamble !

like cesc amirite

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Fact of the matter is we don't really need another player who takes a lot of time on the ball, or who always tries to beat his man and create something out of nothing thats what we have Messi, Neymar, and Suarez for (to a lesser extent).

I'll give coutinho the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he could work out to be a good signing if we do get it him, BUT my feeling is that what this team lacks is not more attacking ingeniuty, flair, or brilliance, we have that in bucketloads. What we need is a midfield in the old fashioned sense, one that functions to make the team run smoothly, that creates for others that aids In build up but doesn't disrupt the flow of play, mainly there to link the team together.

Which is why Verratti is on most peoples which list. Not only because he is good, but because he is the type of player that we NEED. A mold that is scarce or unavailable.

Frankly, we are fucked. We are paying for years of neglect, bad choices and poor signings. We forget Iniesta was over 30, Rakitic albeit a good player was never a longterm solution, we brought in and relied on mediocre mid players like gomes, turan, rafinha.

Now we are running to make up for it. Now all the players we should have invested in are out of reach. Tough fuckin luck.

JamDav1982

I agree. With him it would be the same with Alexis. They are still great players, but they need to be the star of their team to reach their heights.

Coutinho is not like Alexis and can fit in as part of a system while Alexis needs other players to allow him freedom to be at his best.

Liverpool dont give up their system to Coutinho and neither do Brazil where Ney is clearly the star man.

There is a reason star players like Suarez and Ney love playing with Coutinho. He plays as part of the team and helps get best out of them.

BBZ8800

I agree. With him it would be the same with Alexis. They are still great players, but they need to be the star of their team to reach their heights.

Alexis though, with Adama and Halilovic, is one of the three dumbest players who have ever played football.

So, Coutinho is surely better than him and has at least some chances to make it here.

serghei

Alexis though, with Adama and Halilovic, is one of the three dumbest players who have ever played football.

So, Coutinho is surely better than him and has at least some chances to make it here.

:lol:. Alexis is a world class player and surely one of the most intelligent out there. Can't believe this myth is still active here.

Home of Barca Fans