7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

blaugrana1987

So Coutinho is apparently beyond pissed with Liverpool. He feels like they stolen his dream...I knew as soon as Liverpool and Llopp acted so tought that this will happen.

clemente

They did steal his dream, he would be playing with Messi right now. LFC are too stubborn to understand that they cannot be winners in this situation. If he actually won't play in CL matches, hope we can pull him for 60m in the winter.

Devils

I wonder if there is any truth in the rumors of him refusing to play in the CL matches.

Looking forward to seeing this continue. There were also other rumors that Coutinho had a strained relationship with Kloppo.

Jenks

They did steal his dream, he would be playing with Messi right now. LFC are too stubborn to understand that they cannot be winners in this situation. If he actually won't play in CL matches, hope we can pull him for 60m in the winter.

I think Barca fans are deluding themselves a little bit. Coutinho will play all season and will play well. He has no reason not to.

ronniecro

after they rejected 160m?come on

Pepsbarca

I wonder if there is any truth in the rumors of him refusing to play in the CL matches.

Looking forward to seeing this continue. There were also other rumors that Coutinho had a strained relationship with Kloppo.

Are these the rumors that came out in Sport? Considering they printed multiple times that Coutinho was hours away of being signed I'd say that you can pretty much ignore everything that they are saying.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Hahahahahaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

xXKonan

Here's how I predict Liverpool's season is going to go.

1. They start off strong like they did last season.

2. Injuries start to pile up and effect the way they play.

3. Defensive frailties are still there and they will concede some stupid goals.

4. Klopp will burn them out by the second half of the season which plays a role in my second point.

5. Liverpool fans go from worshiping Klopp like the second coming to "man why is this guy clueless!"

6. Rinse and repeat.

With them being in the CL I expect them to be burnt out quicker as well.

Tornbetweentwo

Honest question: Did we ever keep a player against his wish? I'm struggling to find an example.
There have been a few, usually down the lower end of the squad who are not getting the game time that they would hope for. I think the most recent has been Montoya (ban stopped Barca from selling him to Fiorentina).
I am guessing that the players may often prefer to want to play for Barca, but when they realise that they are not playing on top level then they want the move.
Messi last year? - if anyone wants to believe it or not, but there is no disputing that he is unhappy and pretty 'trapped' in a contract he signed. (HOWEVER, his unhappiness is probably easily remedied by removing a few businessmen from the board).

I wonder if there is any truth in the rumours of him refusing to play in the CL matches.

Looking forward to seeing this continue. There were also other rumours that Coutinho had a strained relationship with Kloppo.

I personally do not believe that he will refuse to play in CL. I could be wrong, but to refuse that would a bad move for him. Klopp is unlikely to give him game time in other matches, and could put his foot down. FSG seem to be backing Klopps decisions. I also do not believe that Coutinho or Klopp had a problem with him before the transfer request (I am still not entirely convinced they do, as they know what goes on and what to expect behind the madness).

There are so many posters on this thread that are blatantly not talking about Coutinho, Barca, Liverpool or even Joorabchian, just anti-Barcelona, anti-Liverpool and anti-sense (even if it means listening to sources that they otherwise wouldn't listen to in a million years).

There are so many ways that you can twist this in favour of your own chosen point of view..

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans