7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Devils

150m is not "any price". Thats the same as Dembele. You are the one who claim that you are in the know about what is going on. Lets wait and see. It would be incredibly stupid of our board to not have any backup at all but you claim this is the reality? Do you have any inside information?

Again, any price is limited to what financially feasible on our part and what's his price relative to the market. 'Any price' doesn't mean liquidate the club or paying 2 billion euros for him. It means operating to finance the transfer at 'any price' within our financial capabilities that what price is deemed acceptable in the current market. This is common sense to most people.

Why would I need inside information? This player who we already made multiple bids on, is still on strike asking us to come for him and who our foolish General Manager publicly admitted we are still pursuing.

If we had given up on Coutinho, don't you think he would have come out by know and tried to heal relations with Liverpool or at least explain his actions to the fans? He hasn't said a thing and is still off the grid.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Pay any price for Coutinho because he is he only target? What kind of argument is that? You're ready to bankrupt the club even? Forget that nonsense. Coutinho for any price should be a big no no.

You're being unnecessarily and deliberately obtuse here.

Jombi

Again, any price is limited to what financially feasible on our part and what's his price relative to the market. 'Any price' doesn't mean liquidate the club or paying 2 billion euros for him. It means operating to finance the transfer at 'any price' within our financial capabilities that what price is deemed acceptable in the current market. This is common sense to most people.

Why would I need inside information? This player who we already made multiple bids on, is still on strike asking us to come for him and who our foolish General Manager publicly admitted we are still pursuing.

If we had given up on Coutinho, don't you think he would have come out by know and tried to heal relations with Liverpool or at least explain his actions to the fans? He hasn't said a thing and is still off the grid.

You claim its Coutinho or no one. No backup plan or anything. That is a claim. Thats not a truth. You also claim that your "any price" means max 150m and if Liverpool demand more we should pull out?

Jombi

You're being unnecessarily and deliberately obtuse here.

We shouldnt be held ransom. Plain and simple. Pull out if they demand too much. But the poster seem to have moderated himself and think 150m is the max we should pay even though 160-170m are already flying around.

Devils

You claim its Coutinho or no one. No backup plan or anything. That is a claim. Thats not a truth. You also claim that your "any price" means max 150m and if Liverpool demand more we should pull out?

Coutinho IS the backup plan. Were you not present when we spent half of the summer chasing Verratti?

If 140, 150 or even 160 is within out financial means than yes I believe we should pull the trigger. As long as it is within our transfer financial means, I think we should buy him.

Jombi

Coutinho IS the backup plan. Were you not present when we spent half of the summer chasing Verratti?

Dont be silly. We are talking about your "There is no backup to Coutinho, its him or no one" claim. Its a claim, not a truth. We're in real need of reinforcements but you claim its him or no one so we should be ready to be held ransom.

Now you claim you will go even to 160m or beyond? What is in "our financial means" is not something we should trust Barto and co with. We will have spent more than 400m euros this summer...

Last edited:

Devils

Dont be silly. We are talking about your "There is no backup to Coutinho, its him or no one" claim. Its a claim, not a truth. We're in real need of reinforcements but you claim its him or no one so we should be ready to be held ransom.

Now you claim you will go even to 160m or beyond? What is in "our financial means" is not something we should trust Barto and co with. We will have spent more than 400m euros this summer...

Of course it is him or no one, why? Because there aren't any other world class midfielders who we can realistically buy. Again, you seem to have a hard time understanding the basics here. Do you really need me to explain to you that we don't need anymore deadwood midfielders and our management actually want to sign a world class starter, hence why we've been chasing Veratti for the first half of summer and now Coutinho for the second half.

Oh sure it's a claim, but at least it's reasonable and follows the habits of our terrible board and also the words of Pep Segura. You on the other hand are claiming we should target a Monaco player who is finalizing a transfer to PSG, three days before the end of the window.

Again, I'm not going into arbitrary numbers. Trusting Barto or not is a whole other debate, it's about spending right now and we need to do that because we desperately need the midfielder.

Last edited:

Jombi

Of course it is him or no one, why? Because there aren't any other world class midfielders who we can realistically buy. Again, you seem to have a hard time understanding the basics here. Do you really need me to explain to you that we don't need anymore deadwood midfielders and our management actually want to sign a world class starter, hence why we've been chasing Veratti for the first half of summer and now Coutinho for the second half.

Oh sure it's a claim, but at least it's reasonable and follows the habits of our terrible board and also the words of Pep Segura. You on the other hand are claiming we should target a Monaco player who is finalizing a transfer to PSG, three days before the end of the window.

Again, I'm not going into arbitrary numbers. Trusting Barto or not is a whole other debate, it's about spending right now and we need to do that because we desperately need the midfielder.

Yes, you are making a claim that it is Coutinho or no one, pretending that it is the truth when you simply dont know. We desperately dont need to risk the financial future of our club in the hands of Barto and co. And that is what we are doing with stupid offers which you are fully on board with doing. Swoop in for Lemar and Fabinho if Liverpool demand too much. They're not deadwood midfielders. Thats laughably ignorant.

Last edited:

Devils

Yes, you are making a claim that it is Coutinho or no one, pretending that it is the truth when you simply dont know. We desperately dont need to risk the financial future of our club in the hands of Barto and co. And that is what we are doing with stupid offers. Swoop in for Lemar and Fabinho if Liverpool demand too much.

If we are looking to sign a worldclass midfielder, three days before the transfer window closes, it's Coutinho or no one.

I don't know why you think this is such an outrageous claim or far from the truth haha.

Jombi

If we are looking to sign a worldclass midfielder, three days before the transfer window closes, it's Coutinho or no one.

I don't know why you think this is such an outrageous claim or far from the truth haha.

We were said to be after Seri until a couple of days ago. You on the other hand keep telling yourself that the board had no backup plan to anything, its either Verratti or Coutinho, no other midfielder will join. You start your whole theory with a "if". You simply dont know what they are doing. I said that you are just claiming stuff while pretending it to be the truth. And that is the reality.

Last edited:

vlad

150 for coutinho is beyond ridicolous, hilarious for me is how few barca fan here are trying to justify this because "market is crazy", no, its not about that, its about pure desperation to keep up with real madrid, barca already overpaid for dembele, real did similar during pep's barca, with no real strategic plan, before that galacticos showed us how that is not working, now psg is showing us same in CL, I could understand purchasing suarez, best player by far in EPL, Coutinho is not even large improvment on old iniesta.

Spending around 380 m in one summer, is disgrace for football, i would honestly not enjoy watch that, dont say how barca always spended money, they did, but this is new level, psg level, lets keep that for state sponsored countrys, let barca to keep up some pride, if nobody comes, so be it, board will have to go and we can hope for a president with strategic plan

Givenchy

150 for coutinho is beyond ridicolous, hilarious for me is how few barca fan here are trying to justify this because "market is crazy", no, its not about that, its about pure desperation to keep up with real madrid, barca already overpaid for dembele, real did similar during pep's barca, with no real strategic plan, before that galacticos showed us how that is not working, now psg is showing us same in CL, I could understand purchasing suarez, best player by far in EPL, Coutinho is not even large improvment on old iniesta.

Spending around 380 m in one summer, is disgrace for football, i would honestly not enjoy watch that, dont say how barca always spended money, they did, but this is new level, psg level, lets keep that for state sponsored countrys, let barca to keep up some pride, if nobody comes, so be it, board will have to go and we can hope for a president with strategic plan

we can talk about 'pride' and 'fuck PSG oil scum' but do you really want to see this shit midfield for another season? Coutinho is worth nowhere near the fees quoted, i'd say £90m at most if Lukaku is £75m. at this stage i couldn't give a damn what the football world thinks about us, mocking us for Neymar, the board being cunts and PSG bending us over. its been a shit summer but being holier than thou we will end up even further behind Madrid

Coutinho is a huge upgrade on grandpa Iniesta. the old Iniesta will always be irreplacable just like Xavi but Coutinho is a similiar player with deadly long shots. he can chip in with goals from midfield; something Iniesta rarely does.

Last edited:

JohnS

Barca are not being held to ransom. They are being told Coutinho is not for sale. Its Barca that keep increasing the offer not Liverpool

vlad

So you are counting on some long shots goals from him, and willing to pay for such price, i remember pogba thread, similar things were mentioned, how many of those he scored last season and how many times he did not, losing ball? :D in terms of passing he is not improvment over iniesta, its just not worth it, but hey, let them splash such money, let other football fans laugh even more

Barcelona need a creative midfielder. What if we play Dembele in the midfield while we buy Livrpols Mane to play the left wing? :alveshat:

PS: Coutinho must be really reconsidering at this point his departure. Liverpool's on fire!

Home of Barca Fans