7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Judoman

We have some nerve giving them a deadline after giving them a shitty offer.

How is 4th (?) largest transfer of all times a "shitty offer"?
Coutinho is not 4th best player on the planet is he?

The "ultimatum" is meant to show, that we will not be increasing our offer anymore. I don t see anything wrong with that. In these days everything
ends up on twitter next minute and is translated through current image, which in Barca s case is "big, bully, desperate, rich".

Last edited:

springfield

The arrogant one are the reds who think that they can do whatever they want by taking advantage of our complicated situation. yes we desperatly need WC signing, that doesn't mean we are ready to put the price they want on the table, it is not a question of life and death. Far from it

God knows how I dislike the board, but I don't see anything wrond with this approch in response to liverpool attitude. In normal circonstances you never keep a player who wants to leave.

[MENTION=8978]xxxxxx[/MENTION]

More than 100 M euro is a shity offer for a player like Coutinho now.... In what world are you living.

Liverpool is not a charity. It's business, they don't have to accept just any offer Barcelona makes. And it's about football, they don't have to sell if they would like to keep a player because he's an added value to the squad.

More than 100 is not a shitty offer. Before neymar nobody would even consider paying that much for him. Neymars situation made Barcelona desperate with a big bag of cash. And all clubs know it. So for Liverpool it's a shitty offer and if they are going to sell, they will negotiate until they have the last euro Barcelona is willing to spend on him.

xxxxxx

[MENTION=14063]gatsu[/MENTION] did you not see our latest offer?

If some team offered us like 40m a year for 6 years for Messi, we would find it insulting.

Judoman

Liverpool is not a charity. It's business, they don't have to accept just any offer Barcelona makes. And it's about football, they don't have to sell if they would like to keep a player because he's an added value to the squad.

More than 100 is not a shitty offer. Before neymar nobody would even consider paying that much for him. Neymars situation made Barcelona desperate with a big bag of cash. And all clubs know it. So for Liverpool it's a shitty offer and if they are going to sell, they will negotiate until they have the last euro Barcelona is willing to spend on him.

Exactly. And it is in our interest to say no to ridiculous price tags.

No sale, no problem.

Jombi

The Times say Liverpool still would only sell for 150£ Million.

Thats like 170m euros. We should just forget this nonsense. Move on. There are other options like Thomas Lemar, Malcom, Fabinho and Leon Goretzka. No point in chasing this guy like he's the only player that can strengthen us.

JamDav1982

They are keeping it on the table to try and increase the tension between Coutinho and Liverpool. Not in hope that Liverpool suddenly change their mind for no reason.

If nothing comes of it it doesnt really make any difference anyway.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The arrogant one are the reds who think that they can do whatever they want by taking advantage of our complicated situation. yes we desperatly need WC signing, that doesn't mean we are ready to put the price they want on the table, it is not a question of life and death. Far from it

God knows how I dislike the board, but I don't see anything wrond with this approch in response to liverpool attitude. In normal circonstances you never keep a player who wants to leave.

[MENTION=8978]xxxxxx[/MENTION]

More than 100 M euro is a shity offer for a player like Coutinho now.... In what world are you living.

Believe me, I never rated Coutinho in the first place, I never thought he is what we need and I don't want us to overpay for him, I want us to move on.

But there is nothing wrong with what is Liverpool/FSG doing. They certainly want to keep him, why should they care about what dire situation we are in? Refusing to sell a player who wants to leave is not arrogant. If Neymar hadn't had a stupidly low release clause we would have never sold him, regardless of how badly he wanted to leave.

JerseyAddict

Well... Sign someone other and next year LPool can fuck itself with 60-70m offer after a shity season of ubhappy and underperforming player.

LPool is playing with fire. They are chasing a rabit in a den anday chase out a wolf.

This is immense money for Coutinho and anyone. 105m was the roof. Neyboy payment was not buisness but Quattar statement. They are not thinking rationaly.

Zincubus

Banned
Well... Sign someone other and next year LPool can fuck itself with 60-70m offer after a shity season of ubhappy and underperforming player.

LPool is playing with fire. They are chasing a rabit in a den anday chase out a wolf.

This is immense money for Coutinho and anyone. 105m was the roof. Neyboy payment was not buisness but Quattar statement. They are not thinking rationaly.

Sad thing is , if he ends up being forced to stay there and miss out on a once in a life chance of playing for Barca - I reckon he's gonna be a pale shadow of himself this season .... I don't think he's the same personality as Suarez who was still brilliant after they made him wait a year ...

sanzcool

Yes Liverpool would accept an offer of around 80MP next summer, because they will have adequate time to find a replacement. Here it's not the case. So End of

sanzcool

I am pretty sure if we had bid this amount in the first week of July, PC would have been our player by now. We have literally given no time for them to find good enough replacement and add to that an insulting offer of including Ballond'Or Clauses

sanzcool

Fuck Liverpool. Coutinho has played 4 years for them and has won jackshit, and now they're preventing him from moving to a club that actually has realisitic chances of winning titles?

Then our board should pay what they demand. Football is no place for sentiments.

Home of Barca Fans