7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Zincubus

Banned
Hi,

Just want to apologise for trolling you guys this past week. I was in Barcelona for my sister in law's wedding and then in Malaga with my wife to visit her Grandmother and I was having fun with my Brother in law to see what I can get away with during that time.

Although some of what I said I meant like I question the sanity and maturity levels of a lot of you - man it's only football :D Wishing death on people and being babies about certain things attest to that.

One thing is true though in that I do have a source but he isn't employed by the club but works for one of our sponsors and is in a team that has direct involvement with the club. I've known him for 17 years as went to Uni together. In regards to Coutinho the only truth I uttered is that £130m POUND figure. Offer that or around that and he is off. Apart from that I have no info.

But I want to give my thoughts on it in another post rather than diluting my apology.

If you wish to accept my apology or what I am stating in this post is up to you. All I'll say to people is judge me from how I've acted since I joined in 2009.

No problem for me . Bud .!!

JamDav1982

No , a bit deeper but West Ham have a few options that can be shifted around to accommodate him .

Noble for one is creative enough to fill Lanzini's void and he's been played further back than he really likes ..

Sounds like a plan to me :)

Noble could never play Lanzinis position.

Cool

Hi,

Just want to apologise for trolling you guys this past week. I was in Barcelona for my sister in law's wedding and then in Malaga with my wife to visit her Grandmother and I was having fun with my Brother in law to see what I can get away with during that time.

Although some of what I said I meant like I question the sanity and maturity levels of a lot of you - man it's only football :D Wishing death on people and being babies about certain things attest to that.

One thing is true though in that I do have a source but he isn't employed by the club but works for one of our sponsors and is in a team that has direct involvement with the club. I've known him for 17 years as went to Uni together. In regards to Coutinho the only truth I uttered is that £130m POUND figure. Offer that or around that and he is off. Apart from that I have no info.

But I want to give my thoughts on it in another post rather than diluting my apology.

If you wish to accept my apology or what I am stating in this post is up to you. All I'll say to people is judge me from how I've acted since I joined in 2009.

It's all cool with me, bro, I like that the forum has different members that represent other teams than Barcelona like you and those two PSG fans and Morten, keeps it fun to hear different point of views.

Trafalgar

Hi,

What is a loserpool fan doing in a FCB forum anyway ;)

F1_STK

Hi,

No problem...
Are you from Greece my friend?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
In regards to coutinho and I see someone quote me on what I said in the past. I still do not feel he is consistent and it is that leap that takes a very good player up to a great player. He has shown levels of greatness last season but has also showed consistency issues as well.

You may well say that it is because of the players around him, but I disagree. Great players don't depend others to up their consistency levels - they continue to show their abilities week in and week out. Messi and Cronaldo are the biggest advocates of that.

I am disappointed in Coutinho in the manner he has gone about engineering his way out. As we all know it is not a 'now or never' situation for him. Because if he continues to improves and continues to get more consistent and has a good (he doesn't need a great one) world cup then he will have offers from you lot again plus the other big players - so he will have his choice. Because there aren't many players like him in world football who can play centre midfield role with his skill set. But it seems he has fallen for it.

I am also disappointed in Barcelona (although I'm not a hypocrite as we have acted the same towards Southampton and that has cost us Van Dijk) as well. A club I truly respect and admire behaving in a poor way befits such a club with high moral fibre. It is the way of the world now though and I repeat we've done the same as well which is something I'm not happy about.

My feeling is that you will get Coutinho as Jurgen doesn't trust him any more. Once you lose that trust it is over. So I've no doubts that FSG will sell and 'blame' Klopp saying he couldn't work with Coutinho. But we will rinse you dry as it will be around the £120m figure and really for a player of Coutinho's abilities and consistency levels NOW that is £40m-50m too high.

In an ordinary market I think we'd have taken £80m odd for him.

Not that the money will do us good as I doubt we'll get any further players in. In fact I am pretty sure we won't.

P.s. Coutinho will never match or even be close to Iniesta so even if he is Iniesta's eventual replacement he will never match Iniesta's ability or probably get within distance to it.

I was devastated when we lost Alonso to Real and Suarez to you guys but Coutinho's loss won't devastate me. Now don't get me wrong I love Coutinho as a footballer and I think he is a little magician who can help us win trophies and I am sure he will help you win trophies but it isn't a devastating loss.

The only thing devastating to me is that we are unable to use the money we have and the Coutinho money to get any additional players in which will adversely affect our season, which is the one crumb that makes me think we will keep him as we will have no replacement, but that £130m figure is something that keeps coming up.

Your last offer of 100m euros was accepted by some members of the board but obviously they were in the minority. So one has to wonder what figure would take that minority in the board to a majority and from what I keep hearing it is that £130m figure.

JamDav1982

As I said they have a few to chose from , Noble is surprisingly creative and skilful but he's being played further back as he's got a good expecerienced head on him .

Noble isnt skillful or creative anywhere near enough to play AM.

He is a average technical player in the EPL that gets by with a great attitude and work rate.

sanzcool

Klopp on Coutinho: "We don’t want money, we want to invest in the team and have the best team because we have our aims and dreams.”

Klopp on Barca: "If they (FSG) say they Barca will bid whatever and we (FSG) don’t want it then it is a clear message. We don’t want money."
[MENTION=21416]james[/MENTION]PearceEcho on Coutinho - Even if Barcelona return with a third bid in excess of £100million it will be rejected.

Its off

xXKonan

West ham losing Lanzini would be pretty bad.

They don't have anyone that can replace him in the squad. The likes of Pedro Obiang,Mark Noble,Kouyate don't fit the hole Lanzini would leave if he left. I have been following a West ham fan account on twitter and Lanzini is the only player for them that can bring anything remotely in terms of creativity to the table while the other midfielders simply don't.

they're bringing Carvalho to likely bench Noble full time. and it wouldn't be surprising either.

xXKonan

Klopp on Coutinho: "We don’t want money, we want to invest in the team and have the best team because we have our aims and dreams.”

They need to invest in a DM and some good CB's and even a Goalkeeper or they're in pretty big trouble this season.

Home of Barca Fans