Mikel Arteta

Robbie

Usmanov is a fucking criminal, and that isn't hyperbole. He literally did time -- 6 years in prison for racketeering and organized crime. He used his mob connections to get himself out of prison and still has ties to gangsters today. He makes Abramovich look like a saint.

Kroenke and the board are terrible, but what Arsenal fan in their right mind would want a mobster owning the club?

http://www.atlanticfreepress.com/content/view/2474/32/

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Usmanov is a fucking criminal, and that isn't hyperbole. He literally did time -- 6 years in prison for racketeering and organized crime. He used his mob connections to get himself out of prison and still has ties to gangsters today. He makes Abramovich look like a saint.

Kroenke and the board are terrible, but what Arsenal fan in their right mind would want a mobster owning the club?

http://www.atlanticfreepress.com/content/view/2474/32/

plenty of gangs in North London. I'm sure they'd fackin' love it my son.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Arsenal fans defense of Wenger is starting to sound Liverpool-esque. "He'd be the best coach ever if only that dastardly board would give him unlimited money!"

Jenks

Yeah, but then look at the players Wenger gets with not much money compared with Kenny who spends loads. With the financial situation Arsenal are in, there really isn't a better option than Wenger. Moyes I suppose would be a possibility, but a risk all the same.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Well yeah, as much as I think Wenger is a terrible coach he still is a great deal spotter. He'd make a solid sporting director.

But Arsenal's problem is beyond money. Of course money would make things a lot easier, but they need a spine more than anything else.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Milan got Van Bommel for free & he would've been perfect sitting infront of Arsenal's D, pretty much all of their players have a poor mentality they need stronger characters.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
You Forget Wenger doesn't sign 30+ old players...........

When in fact that is what Arsenal most need are experience in each area:- Defence, Midfield, Attack.

Wenger too easily gets rid of these 30 year old plus players for teenagers.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
You Forget Wenger doesn't sign 30+ old players...........
wB263.jpg

Robbie

plenty of gangs in North London. I'm sure they'd fackin' love it my son.

When you have a criminal owning the club it gives it a bad reputation. There's also the risk that he could have his assets frozen at any time. The only reason he's not rotting in prison right now is because he's friends with Putin and his cronies.

Robbie

Arteta, Mertesacker, and Santos are in their mid to late twenties. Benayoun is 31, Rosicky is 31, and Squillaci is 31. Age isn't an excuse. Look what Dortmund achieved and how young their team is; the same with Lille.

What Arsenal were always missing was squad depth, luck, and quality defenders. I believe we have all that now, but haphazardly stitched together on deadline day. After a preseason without drama and a solid plan, we'll be looking good for next year. Having Jack Wilshere fit will also be amazing.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
All those players you mentioned, including Rosicky are shit.

You need leaders, and for that I never understood why you never went for Alou Diarra. From the few times I saw him, he looked boss.

Superfly

Banned
Arteta, Mertesacker, and Santos are in their mid to late twenties. Benayoun is 31, Rosicky is 31, and Squillaci is 31. Age isn't an excuse. Look what Dortmund achieved and how young their team is; the same with Lille.

What Arsenal were always missing was squad depth, luck, and quality defenders. I believe we have all that now, but haphazardly stitched together on deadline day. After a preseason without drama and a solid plan, we'll be looking good for next year. Having Jack Wilshere fit will also be amazing.

Benayoun, Rosicky, Squillaci, Park and a few other deadweight players on your team are all terrible. It's always nice to have squad depth, but those players just bring the quality of the team down when they play. Having players like Arteta/Ramsey/Mertesacker/Ox/Coquelin (assuming everybody is fit) who are available when called upon and can actually make a difference is what I would call squad depth. I've always thought (and still do) that a fully fit Arsenal team are definitely one of the top 3 sides in England. Unfortunately, that never seems to be the case when at least one key player is always injured.

A

ArsenalN5

Benayoun and a few other deadweight players on your team are all terrible.

You should probably watch players before you comment on them, alot of Gooners want him to start because he's better than some of what we have.
He's a 100% workhorse, never stops and works to the final whistle and he does all that for a LOAN club. Proper professional.

A

ArsenalN5

Poor bloke :(

Arsenal playmaker Mikel Arteta is refusing to give up on his dream of earning international recognition with Spain.

The 29-year-old is considered by many to be unfortunate not to have already been handed a senior cap by his country.

The wealth of talent at Spain's disposal has worked against him, with the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Xavi and Andres Iniesta providing his direct competition.

Arteta, who was once touted as a possible candidate to represent England, will not be giving up on his efforts to win a call-up, though, with it his intention to grace the very top of the game.

"My ambition is to win as many trophies as I can and to have the chance of playing for the national team one day," he told Arsenal Player.

Home of Barca Fans