Cause of our recent poor performance?

What do you guys think is the cause of our recent poor performances? IMO, it's a combination of bad form, the lack of a coach, and the lack of variation in the lineup/tactics.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Also lack of strikers playing, relying too much on Messi scoring, the lack of pressing, the insistence on playing Iniesta on LW.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We're playing without our head coach.

Once Tito comes back I hope he re-instills the determination in this team because we're playing without grit. Some players are maybe getting on with age and can't hustle anymore, some have become a bit lazy.
Buying X player won't solve anything, we're experiencing mental and tactical problems here.

Demon17

Maestro
Tito's absence, also Iniesta playing on the left wing. He should play in midfield. Villa should play left wing. Xavi not on top form so our midfield kind of suffers (no Iniesta no Xavi). Cesc isn't Xavi or Iniesta who can handle midfield by himself. Also our defence getting caught on counter-attacks. Puyol is slow, Pique is the only one there. Alba and Alves are up the pitch and it'll take them time to get back so that's the problem I'm sure Tito can solve this.

Last edited:
We're playing without our head coach.

Once Tito comes back I hope he re-instills the determination in this team because we're playing without grit. Some players are maybe getting on with age and can't hustle anymore, some have become a bit lazy.
Buying X player won't solve anything, we're experiencing mental and tactical problems here.

I think we need Tito back AND a few signings (though the current team will do for this season, we'll probably need a few signings for next season). We definitely need a new GK and CB in the summer (though Puyol will do for this season). A lot of people have suggested a new forward, which would be a good idea, especially if Villa leaves.

But I agree with you that Tito's absence is the main problem. And Tbh, I think the current team has what it takes (player-wise, at least) to win the CL, even though a few signings will probably be needed for next season (Puyol's getting old, Valdes is leaving, Villa might leave, etc).

Demon17

Maestro
I think we need Tito back AND a few signings We definitely need a new GK and CB in the summer (though Puyol will do for this season). A lot of people have suggested a new forward, which would be a good idea, especially if Villa leaves.
But I agree with you that Tito's absence is the main problem. And Tbh, I think the current team has what it takes (player-wise, at least) to win the CL, even though a few signings will probably be needed for next season (Puyol's getting old, Valdes is leaving, Villa might leave, etc).

For Villa, most likely we'll get Neymar and I'm really excited. With Neymar it's a double trouble for the opposition team. because defenders will not only crowd around Messi but also Neymar which will create space for other players, which is a plus point.

For CB, I heard Barcelona is looking at Mats Hummels and I'd be really happy if he signs. A great defender and player.

For GK, I heard we're looking at David De Gea and Courtois.

Tito and Pep have similar philosophy so that's why we did great with both. With Roura it's different. As I said before, we need Tito back. But he should come when he's fully recovered so he doesn't have to go back constantly

raedkuwait

I have no clue why u keep saying tito's absence is the reasob even when tito was here he insisted on playing the same formation
with fabregas and iniesta, and refused to play villa. the formation and the tactics r comming from tito's.
So i say the main reason is tito him self.

Demon17

Maestro
I have no clue why u keep saying tito's absence is the reasob even when tito was here he insisted on playing the same formation
with fabregas and iniesta, and refused to play villa. the formation and the tactics r comming from tito's.
So i say the main reason is tito him self.

Tito's absence does make a difference, you have to change tactics through out the game. We can't use the same tactics vs Madrid which we used let's say against Osasuna. It'll be totally different yes Tito talks on the phone, but that doesn't help. He needs to be here.

Barca_070

Lack of motivation ( you can partly blame that on Roura), depending to much on Messi in the attack, playing Iniesta LW so we can play with Cesc and we have poor keepers.

Home of Barca Fans