Dream come true .. Plz help me with some tips.. For a very short Classico .

Asheriko

Hi ... I am gonna be in the Classico in 2 days and I am so excited..
I am gonna be in Barcelona for a very short time.
I land in el prat in 4 pm in the day of the match and I leave after the game in 6 am.
Just wanted to ask you guys what do you recommend me to do in this short time.
Sould I get to the camp nou right after landing.. And what is the best way to get their??
I'll appreciate any help

Thanks in advance , Asher .

Laudrup

Hi ... I am gonna be in the Classico in 2 days and I am so excited..
I am gonna be in Barcelona for a very short time.
I land in el prat in 4 pm in the day of the match and I leave after the game in 6 am.
Just wanted to ask you guys what do you recommend me to do in this short time.
Sould I get to the camp nou right after landing.. And what is the best way to get their??
I'll appreciate any help

Thanks in advance , Asher .

First of all, congratulations with the tickets. I'll be going myself as well since I live in Barcelona. :)
If you arrive 4 pm, I would probably go straight to the stadium area since you want to be there a bit before the game to get feel the buzz and atmosphere on the stadium. You don't really have time to do anything anyway except getting something to eat and drink.

I must confess that I am not entirely sure if there's a train (or bus) going directly to the neighborhood of the stadium, but I don't think it's the case. Anyway, the two other options are to take a taxi directly to the stadium or to take the Aerobus to Placa Espana and then change to the green line to Les Corts or Maria Cristina. Taxi is obviously easiest, but bus+metro cheapest. Both options are good and both the aerobus and the metro leaves often.

If you have any questions about the city or the stadium, then please ask. ;)

Last edited:

oz187

You can get either a bus or a taxi into the city. You'd get into the city around 4:30-5:00pm. Kick off is 9pm. It's not a lot of time till kick off. Near Camp Nou there's lots of food places where fans hang out before the game, should be a great atmosphere so good area to be around say from 7-8pm. Dunno about the couple of hours before that though.

Tomchin

You can take a taxi from El Prat Airport to the Camp, it's about 20min if I remember correctly. The atmosphere around the stadium will be brilliant no doubt. Before the game, you could eat some tapas in the following restaurant very close to Camp Nou: http://www.tallerdetapas.com/ (it's in "Travessera de les corts", just in front of the Camp Nou)

Is this your first visit to the Camp Nou? If yes, then maybe you could try to visit the Barca-museum in Camp Nou (check the opening-times on http://www.fcbarcelona.com/camp-nou/camp-nou-experience/detail/card/opening-times though, I'm not sure until how late it's opened on CDR-days), and spent plenty of time in the FCBotiga (the official FCB shop).

In case you're familiar with the Camp Nou already, you could go shopping in the nearby shopping-center (Corte Ingles), or hop on the city-tour-bus, which has a stop at the Camp Nou. That way, you could visit the most famous scenic spots of Barcelona in 2-3 hours.

Barca8

After the match there should be a large group of supporters celebrating in the Placa de Catalunya so that could be something to check out. You can go down La Rambla and find the Barri Gotic where there is a lot of really good food.

Your flight is pretty early but I recommend finding a local cafe and having some Churros con Chocolate. Theres nothing like it!
Have fun at the match!

Laudrup

If you don't mind spending money on a taxi from the airport to the city and from the city to Camp Nou, then you probably have time to see one tourist attraction in the city. The obvious choice is La Sagrada Familia, and even with the cranes it's still a magnificent sight. I see the church every day, and I'm still not tired of it yet. :)

La Rambla is awful, go to Born or alternatively down Barri Gotic instead. La Rambla is night is basically just a big mess full of prostitutes, drug dealers, tourists and pricy restaurants. Sure, it can be fine on a quiet afternoon out of the tourist season, but generally it's a place you stay away from when you have been there a few times. ;)

Tomchin

Also, be very careful with pickpockets. Usually when I walk around in Barcelona, I leave all my valuables in the hotel, but you probably won't stay in a hotel, so you won't have that option. Then it's best to put your passport etc. in a small bag which you hide under your T-shirt, so that it's out of sight of pickpockets.

Laudrup

Even if I watched a classico with us on the losing side, it'd be a dream come true for me. Just saying..

The 20-30k that walked out in the second half probably didn't agree. ;)
But yeah, going to the El Classico is something completely special. No way I would walk out before the game ended.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans