User Tag List

Thread: Tactics/Lineup in the 2nd leg of the CL?

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactics/Lineup in the 2nd leg of the CL?

Many said that we should change our tactics and lineup around a bit for the 2nd leg of the CL, and I agree, to an extent. What lineup/tactics would you like to see? Personally, I think we should try:

Valdes
    Alves/Montoya-Pique-Puyol-Alba/Abidal
    Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta
    Pedro-Messi-Villa

Or maybe even Messi-Cesc-Villa up front. Adriano/Abidal as FBs could also work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see a striker (iso of Messi) in the center of attack, someone who's there if our wingers/wingbacks get to the endline. Messi then to come in at second line.

We'll need presence at the first post, luring the 2 central defenders there, and as such creating some space behind that for Messi.

I'd go with :

-----------------Valdez------------------
    ------------Pique-----------Puyol--------
    Alves-----------Busquets------------Alba
    -----------------------Iniesta-----------
    ---------Messi--------------------------
    Pedro------------Alexis--------------Tello

Or maybe another front three :

Tello-----------Alexis--------------Villa
    Last edited by LaPulga; 22nd February 2013 at 10:37 AM.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPulga View Post
    I'd like to see a striker (iso of Messi) in the center of attack, someone who's there if our wingers/wingbacks get to the endline. Messi then to come in at second line.

We'll need presence at the first post, luring the 2 central defenders there, and as such creating some space behind that for Messi.

I'd go with :

-----------------Valdez------------------
    ------------Pique-----------Puyol--------
    Alves-----------Busquets------------Alba
    -----------------------Iniesta-----------
    ---------Messi--------------------------
    Pedro------------Alexis--------------Tello

Or maybe another front three :

Tello-----------Alexis--------------Villa
    IMO, if we play anyone besides Messi in the center, it should be Villa or maybe Cesc if we wanna stick to the false 9.

Btw, what lineup did we use when we beat them 3-1 last year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darthvader7888 View Post
    IMO, if we play anyone besides Messi in the center, it should be Villa or maybe Cesc if we wanna stick to the false 9.

Btw, what lineup did we use when we beat them 3-1 last year?
    That's my point, I woudn't stick to the false 9, I think we need presence in front of goal, as we'll need to score 4 or 5, and Milan is not Granada..

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPulga View Post
    That's my point, I woudn't stick to the false 9, I think we need presence in front of goal, as we'll need to score 4 or 5, and Milan is not Granada..
    What I meant was that we should use Cesc if we want to stick to the false 9 and Villa if we don't.

Hi, its me..
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valdes
    Alves-Pique-Puyol-Alba
    Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta
    Pedro-Messi-Villa

bring tello on around the hour mark if we dont have a couple of goals and swap to 3-3-4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FIRST half def:
    VV
    Alves-Pique-Puyol-Alba
    Busquets-Xavi
    Iniesta
    Pedro-Messi-Tello

First half att:
    VV
    Pique - Puyol
    Busquets
    Xavi - Iniesta
    Alves -Pedro -Messi -Tello -Alba

Start with high tempo and more direct passes, and use all the ''risky'' opportunities for counter attack if there are to be any. Now if we could score two in the first half, then in the second I wouldn't let Alves and Alba go so much forward.
    If we somehow manage to pull out 2-0 in first half, that would be a dream come true. Also, Tello just might be the key to this match, especially against Constant. I would even go to the point of putting Villa, Pedro, Messi and Tello in starting line up, by replacing Alves with Pedro, and Villa in Pedro's position. Ofc, Pedro would have to work his ass of, but I think he's capable.
    If the result is 2-0 in HT, then put Alves or Montoya in and try to score with holding possesion.
    It's how I'd do it, and it's probably suicidal. That might just be what we need- taking more risks.
    Som el FC Barcelona i hem de remuntar

qwaider
    For me its bigger than whats our lineup for the next match is, we should be asking ourselves whats our philosophy for the future will be. Its the tiki taka that cost us the Cl against Chelasa and probably this one too. Milan didn't win because they had a better team, they won because the had a better tactic (yes, parking the bus is a tactic!) It wasn't luck or just mentality they could have won 4-0.
    The problems with tiki taka are
    1.we are playing with a high defensive line which makes us vulnerable to counter attacks especially through the gap left by alves.
    2.we are losing/lost our spontaneity in our play. Its why we are so weak with counter attacks (unlike Madrid) we need to plan and engineer every play so we play it safe and slow, and its why we don't take many shots outside the box.

And it gets worse, we are so dependent now on the tiki taka that we dont have a second plan. And we lost key players (sold or on the bench) that didnt "fit" like eto and yaya.

The way I see it, we are going to need as much spontaneity as possible in the 2nd leg. We need to have shots outside the area to create chances and chaos in their defenses, win corners and to lose possession on purpose! we need to let them have the ball! long passes ,counter attacks, Free kicks and corners are going to be essential to us.

As for the lineup
    4 4 2
    Montoya-pique-puyol-alba
    Alves- messi -inesta/xavi- adriano
    Tello/pedro-villa

Adriano and alves r excellent in creating chances and spaces but the cant be playing in the back not to make gaps.

For me bosquets is going to be useless this match hes good with possosion game but not this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've made some good points, but that lineup ....
    Som el FC Barcelona i hem de remuntar

Love is All
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a way that Milan game showed us (not like we were not shown before) that we need to be tactically more versatile. Barca play the best tiki taka, but what the coach needs to understand is that sometimes, tiki taka alone can't win you matches. Sometimes, it looks like Barca know no other way of playing football. Tiki taka can give you a great percentage of possession time, but teams that are defensively organized and defend in packs like Milan did, would be hard to penetrate with tiki taka alone. For the return leg, we would have to move around the ball faster and Messi and Iniesta would have to link very well. Iniesta must play in midfield and not on the flanks. I would definitely go with David Villa. We would have to attack in packs as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only change I'd make is Villa instead of Cesc (and Iniesta back to midfield). Then again, Roura and Tito seem rather stubborn at times (about the starting line-up), so I doubt there're going to make any changes to our "best 11".

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valdes

Alves Puyol Pique Alba

Xavi Busquets Iniesta

Pedro Messi Tello

Substitutions (if needed)
    Pedro off for Villa - 70 minute mark
    Tello off for Alexis - 70 minute mark