User Tag List

Page 195 of 196 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196 LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 2934

Thread: **Make Barca great again** Discussion, wishes, etc..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    It ultimately all boils down to the board, if Valverde isn't good enough for a club of barca's standing in the world (which he isn't) then they should have gotten rid of him. There must be something fishy going on with the board in the background regarding keeping Valverde. I think it's because they're allowed to make all transfer decisions that they base on revenue, they know Valverde won't kick up a fuss because he's lucky to be here.

Just look at some of the most recent deals we've done, Paulinho ffs! Now I know he's turned into a bit of a cult icon but let's be honest that was a ridiculous move. Then you look at the maths of that deal, we buy him for approx 40m (overpriced) he spends one year here (weird amount of time after actually a pretty decent season) and then the same club buys him back for slightly more money? It reeks of shady deals being done, some board members/agents who knows who, someone profited big time from this move. Then look at Malcom, wasn't spoken of as a target, then boom we hijack his Roma move instead of getting our transfer target Willian. Then somehow after he plays no games at all for us we manage to sell him on for roughly the same price to a Russian club? If this board aren't looking at signing any of Eriksen, Alderweireld or possibly Vertonghen then you know they're personally making money from these deals because these are 3 very good sometimes world class players who have won very little in their careers, hungry for success (albeit a little older than we'd like) but also free transfers.

The board are also definitely too scared to higher someone like Pep/Klopp/anyone who has some standing in the world because they would most likely kick out half the club de amigos which would threaten revenue. The entire club is full of yes men from the board to the manager to the players. The club de amigos can demand whatever wages they want from the board, they can demand whatever playing time they want from the manager. The board can sign whoever they want without the manager's blessing and finally the manager gets to keep his job.

My list of changes would be.

1) Kick out this useless board
    2) Replace manager with a respectable figure AND back him financially allowing a year or two to grow into the role (providing we aren't finishing outside top 3)
    3) Kick out culture of club de amigos, if that means bye bye to a few players so be it, they've got 1 or 2 years left anyway.
    4) Sign players based on need, not for revenue, players who are mentally strong, have had leading roles in games that have turned around/ seasons that have been turned around ( as well as obviously possessing the technical ability etc).
    5) Higher focus on getting barca B promoted to segunda division, how are we ever to know what level barca b players are at if they're only playing in the third division ffs.
    That is exactly what I have been saying all the time. The biggest problem of this Barcelona club is comming from the top. The board members should be kicked out and replaced with serious football minded persons. Catalunya has many wealthy people who can help rebuilding this organization. When this is done, the next thing is to replace the entire front office, including Barto. The new president or general manager will start working immediately with the team. He will find the players, based on our needs and then he will find the right coach to implant a system. The scouting department is very important branch of any organization. We need to hire the right and energetic people. Signing endless players from Brazil and France has to stop once for ever. They don't fit well in Barcelona this days. We should look in Germany and Netherlands and mainly in Spain. The best youngsters from Barca - B should be implanted to the first team as a subs, so they can work together with the stars and learn faster. And lastly, if the board can not finance the renovation of Camp Nou, they should look for a help from the billionaires in the Arab Kingdoms. This is how the European football works this days. We should follow the steps of Man. City, Liverpool and other big clubs in the continent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfe View Post
    source that confirms he's out of the picture?
    marca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaudi View Post
    True, all our players looked good before we bought them, they play good with national teams but they look afwul with us...so, either there is some problem with our "system" or we need another 11 WC players? Hm, let's see what is more likely?!
    What is more likely? I can tell you what.

1. Find solid right back
    2. Find younger and faster central defender to replace Pique.
    3. Insert J.Firpo to the starting 11.
    4. Place Messi behind the central forward as a play-maker, with FDJ and Melo ( or someone better ) at his sides
    5. Get rid of Dembele, Griezmann and Suarez and form new attacking trio.

Then, if Barcelona still sucks, get rid of the coach and hire Erik ten Hag or Ronald Koeman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    LABarcaFan supports BOTH Barcelona and Liverpool. How is this possible?
    I am not supporting Liverpool. I am Barcelona fan. Just made some comparisons with both squads and organizations. That is all.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LABarcaFan View Post
    marca
    That definitely confirms it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Find solid right back
    4. Place Messi behind the central forward as a play-maker, with FDJ and Melo ( or someone better ) at his sides

Then, if Barcelona still sucks, get rid of the coach and hire Erik ten Hag or Ronald Koeman.
    He is asking what is more likely.
    Meaning, is it more likely that every single player we buy underperforms because he is not good enough, even though everyone plays better before joining Barca and for their national teams. Or that our system and tactics are just not good enough. That was the question.

Regarding your response, you don't start to rebuild by buying 7 players with the same manager. You rebuild by getting a manager who will decide the players he needs first.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Find solid right back

1. If Semedo played in already mentioned Lpool he would look more than solid
    2. Ok, but I'm currently talking about our steril attacking game
    3. I would, because I hate mentaly weak players
    4. Messi can play anywhere, we can have doubts over some players but Arthur-FDJ would play in 95% of the clubs
    5. Dembele is injured so no point..Griez and Suarez would play in all teams in the world. Yes, we should be looking for replecemants but doubting class of this players is funny. You really think Kane and Lautaro would look great here?

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a windup
    People are boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    That definitely confirms it.
    Maybe not.

Koeman has a release clause in his contract with the Netherlands national team which will allow him to join Barcelona in the summer of 2020.
    Erik Ten Hag has signed new 3 years contract in June, 2019, till June 31, 2022 with Ajax Amsterdam.
    Marcelo Gallardo has contract with River Plate till Dec. 31, 2021, but he just has lost Copa Libertadores final against the Brazilian team Flamengo.

The negotiations with all of them can not start before next summer and I doubt that our board will replace Valverde in the winter window. So, for that reason, maybe is better if we stop talking and discussing his name till the end of the season. Then, we will see what can happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    What a windup
    Dude,

Koeman is a real candidate for Barcelona's coaching job, same as Erik Ten Hag. I like both of them. But, what happens when they give a list with players they want and Barto say... "Ummmm! I don't think the board will like that. We will go after Neymar all the way, no matter how much they ask. Same as we did with Antoin." Then what happens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. If Semedo played in already mentioned Lpool he would look more than solid
    2. Ok, but I'm currently talking about our steril attacking game
    3. I would, because I hate mentaly weak players
    4. Messi can play anywhere, we can have doubts over some players but Arthur-FDJ would play in 95% of the clubs
    5. Dembele is injured so no point..Griez and Suarez would play in all teams in the world. Yes, we should be looking for replecemants but doubting class of this players is funny. You really think Kane and Lautaro would look great here?
    OK. This guy ( Semedo ) plays better for the Portugal national team. What is the reason he is not doing it here? He is a right back, right? Valverde has not changed his position, so you guys can say... See. The coach is the reason he is not playing well.
    Pique has played all this years as a right central defender. He's been doing well in the past. What is the reason that he can not perform his duty this days? HIS AGE is the reason.

If there is one player that Valverde is not using right, that is Frankie de Jong. He can be a lot more effective for us, if plays as an attacking midfielder. He has excellent vision and passing skills. But because Busquets and Rakitic are so God damn weak, the coach wants the dutch-man to play as a central defensive mid. That is wasting of his skills. The experiments with Sergio Roberto as a Busy sub did not bring any results. That is why, the coach is using FDJ and Arthur at the middle and he is relaying on Messi to do the play-making job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    He is asking what is more likely.
    Meaning, is it more likely that every single player we buy underperforms because he is not good enough, even though everyone plays better before joining Barca and for their national teams. Or that our system and tactics are just not good enough. That was the question.

Regarding your response, you don't start to rebuild by buying 7 players with the same manager. You rebuild by getting a manager who will decide the players he needs first.
    Good luck then. Go find that new manager and we can all stop worrying that much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with What? I explained the last guys question. No luck needed for that. Then I said that we first need to change the manager and then the players. Is that weird? What did pep do? What did klopp do? Did they arrive at their clubs after the squad was full? Simple stuff I am talking about here, not making any wild claims.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. This guy ( Semedo ) plays better for the Portugal national team. What is the reason he is not doing it here? He is a right back, right? Valverde has not changed his position, so you guys can say... See. The coach is the reason he is not playing well.
    Pique has played all this years as a right central defender. He's been doing well in the past. What is the reason that he can not perform his duty this days? HIS AGE is the reason.

If there is one player that Valverde is not using right, that is Frankie de Jong. He can be a lot more effective for us, if plays as an attacking midfielder. He has excellent vision and passing skills. But because Busquets and Rakitic are so God damn weak, the coach wants the dutch-man to play as a central defensive mid. That is wasting of his skills. The experiments with Sergio Roberto as a Busy sub did not bring any results. That is why, the coach is using FDJ and Arthur at the middle and he is relaying on Messi to do the play-making job

Tactics is more then just a random number 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and starting players in his best positions (though EV even fails in this)...what Semedo does in Portugal, or L'pool RB? He runs up and down, offers good defence and simple CROSSES. That's it, if he asists he had a great game.
    In Barca Semedo is at least 20 times during the match in position to cross but he has noone in the box as noone is attacking the box so he has two options:
    1. Pass back
    2. Dribble pass entire defence and score

Name me ONE RB who can do the second?
    So, he ends having a game in which fans conclude he lacks final product.

Actually Alba is doing exactly the same, he is just "saved" by those magic balls from MEssi that always go on the left side.

My point is that no player excels in this so called system...no one bar magical Messi. Griezz looks bad, FDJ nothing special, RB, LB, Arthur, Suarez, Dembele...al look bad. So yes, some are not as good as believed, some has flaws, but for god sake I can't simply doubt every player without looking at our coach. At the end of the day we were outplayed by Levante, Osuasuna and teams like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tactics is more then just a random number 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and starting players in his best positions (though EV even fails in this)...what Semedo does in Portugal, or L'pool RB? He runs up and down, offers good defence and simple CROSSES. That's it, if he asists he had a great game.
    In Barca Semedo is at least 20 times during the match in position to cross but he has noone in the box as noone is attacking the box so he has two options:
    1. Pass back
    2. Dribble pass entire defence and score

Name me ONE RB who can do the second?
    So, he ends having a game in which fans conclude he lacks final product.

Actually Alba is doing exactly the same, he is just "saved" by those magic balls from MEssi that always go on the left side.

My point is that no player excels in this so called system...no one bar magical Messi. Griezz looks bad, FDJ nothing special, RB, LB, Arthur, Suarez, Dembele...al look bad. So yes, some are not as good as believed, some has flaws, but for god sake I can't simply doubt every player without looking at our coach. At the end of the day we were outplayed by Levante, Osuasuna and teams like that.
    The last part is the thing that most people need to grasp. We have been outplayed by clearly lesser teams. Not just lost, everyone can lose. We were outplayed. And nobody can convince me we have a worse squad that Levante, Osasuna and slavia. So something else is the problem in those games.