User Tag List

Page 183 of 187 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2797

Thread: **Make Barca great again** Discussion, wishes, etc..

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    It was tough replacing players. We did well with Valdes, Abidal successors. Took us few years to get Puyol's or great #9.

We failed in replacing Dani Alves (that was very hard anyway) and, ironically, Xavi. Xavi was one in the world but we had Thiago here, Isco wanting us or Modric taking pics in Cruyff shirt. One position that we were stacked at, we found ourselves depleted.
    It took us four years to sign a competent CB too in Umtiti. Ever since 2012 we were in hunt for one.

The club kinda suck replacing most players we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    Griezmann-Messi-Dembele

Coutinho-Busquets-Arthur

Alba-Umtiti-Pique-Semedo

Ter Stegen

Bench: Roberto, Digne, Cillessen, Iniesta, Mina, Arnaiz, Alena, Iñigo

THE DREAM.
    I really like the look of that.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sóc Culer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dembele-Suarez-Messi

Coutinho-Busquets-Roberto

Alba-Umtiti-Pique-Fabinho

Ter Stegen

Bench: Barta, Grimaldo, Cillessen, Iniesta, Mina, Arnaiz, Alena
    Last edited by psychotsek; 8th January 2018 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By signing Coutinho now we have enough talent in all areas to be considered one of the strongest teams in the world. Potential problems are:

1) Declining Luis Suarez, the board made it clear they are interested in signing Griezmann this summer. The fate of the Uruguayian is uncertain. It would be fantastic if he decides to sacrifice his ego in the name of the club, being in the role of a backup striker. He loves FC Barcelona, his wife has lived for many years in this city, the kids, the family... matters related to more than football.

2) Currently we have no adequate player to replace Busquets in case of injury. This could develop into a serious problem in few years time.

3) Retirement of Iniesta.

4) Semedo being on and off, the RB position is totally owned recently by Sergi Roberto which is not his natural position. He belongs to the midfield, I still believe in that.

All in all I don't want to see FC Barcelona turn into a Galacticos flop which 2003-2006 period turned out to be for Real Madrid.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not remotely like Reals Galactico project what Barca are doing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    It is not remotely like Reals Galactico project what Barca are doing.
    Thanks, Neymar.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    Thanks, Neymar.
    The money, the cost of players and profile of players were all different.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who here is comparing this to the galacticos projeect? Saw someone else do it on another forum. This isn't in any way similar.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is our own version of the galacticos project

Soon enough Valverds will be stuck with unbenchable primadonnas on high wages demanding playtime
    Romans 1:19-20
    Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By signing Coutinho now we have enough talent in all areas to be considered one of the strongest teams in the world. Potential problems are:

1) Declining Luis Suarez, the board made it clear they are interested in signing Griezmann this summer. The fate of the Uruguayian is uncertain. It would be fantastic if he decides to sacrifice his ego in the name of the club, being in the role of a backup striker. He loves FC Barcelona, his wife has lived for many years in this city, the kids, the family... matters related to more than football.

2) Currently we have no adequate player to replace Busquets in case of injury. This could develop into a serious problem in few years time.

3) Retirement of Iniesta.

4) Semedo being on and off, the RB position is totally owned recently by Sergi Roberto which is not his natural position. He belongs to the midfield, I still believe in that.

All in all I don't want to see FC Barcelona turn into a Galacticos flop which 2003-2006 period turned out to be for Real Madrid.
    2) Rakitic and Roberto do a good job at subbing Busquets. Obviously it's a huge step down, but this is Busquets we are talking about, so it's natural.

3) Coutinho was brought in as Iniesta replacement.

4) I wouldn't say it's totally owned by Roberto. I have faith Semedo will claim it, as Roberto claims midfield.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    Who here is comparing this to the galacticos projeect? Saw someone else do it on another forum. This isn't in any way similar.
    A friend of mine sent me the Galacticos comparison posted on a troll page. I'm aware we are not buying accomplished stars, but players with potential to become great footballers. It's different, but once we sign Griezmann things might get different.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    It is our own version of the galacticos project

Soon enough Valverds will be stuck with unbenchable primadonnas on high wages demanding playtime
    You have no idea what the Galacticos project was it seems.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine sent me the Galacticos comparison posted on a troll page. I'm aware we are not buying accomplished stars, but players with potential to become great footballers. It's different, but once we sign Griezmann things might get different.
    We are buying players out of necessity. We bought Dembele to replace Neymar. We bought Coutinho to replace Iniesta. Wonky midfield has been an issue for a while now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    4) I wouldn't say it's totally owned by Roberto. I have faith Semedo will claim it, as Roberto claims midfield.
    I hope so! I have faith in Semedo, too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reals Galactico project was more or less buying the the hottest toy on the market for big money regardless if they fit the team or not.

I seen people bitch about it that we are spending big on players like Real use to do but totally forget the major differences between what we are trying to vs what Real use to do.