User Tag List

Page 2 of 181 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 2710

Thread: **Make Barca great again** Discussion, wishes, etc..

  1. #16
    Buccaneer
    Clockwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,665
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ter Stegen
    Montoya-Pique-Hummels-Alba
    Busquets
    Xavi/Thiago-Iniesta
    Pedro/Kun-Messi-Villa
    -Cave Johnson. we're done here.

    Remember that one time that Christopher Nolan decided to make movies? That was the best day ever.

  2. #17
    Member
    AvocadoCake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aguero-Messi-Pedro
    Cesc-Busi-Ini
    Alba-Sakho-Pique-Montoya
    Courtois

    Out: VV (7m) - Wants to leave
    - Masch (14m) - Ughh
    - DV (14m) - It's time we let him go, make some money back.
    - Dani (25m) - It's over for him I think + Wouldn't shock me to see an Anzhi/Zenit make a huge bid for him.
    OUT TOTAL: +56m
    In: Sakho (16m) - Fallen out with Carlo, pure class from what I've seen.
    - Courtois (15m) - Speaks Spanish, good reflexes, won't be first choice keeper at Chelsea
    - Aguero (35m) - Aguero+Messi=Jizztastic
    - Richards (6m) - I think he has great potential, + he can play CB and can add pace when against counter attackers. Also, more defensive minded fullback, we need that once in a while. Could be cheap considering the Maicon+Zabaleta... But wait and see how he returns from injury
    IN TOTAL: -72m
    OVERALL TOTAL: -16m (well within our yearly budget, right? Can even afford more...)

    In from loan: Afellay (apart from injuries has been great for Schalke, could be a great bench player, if he wants more than that then sell him for 8-10m)
    Cuenca (In my opinion, our best young winger, more than Gerard and Tello, he's just SO intelligent)
    Fontas (straight out on loan again?)

    Out on loan: Alexis (Juve, 25m buyout - seems fair for what used to be a class player. Even better would be 5m straight up +20m for buyout)

    Bench: Pinto, Afellay, Richards, Xavi, Puyol, Cuenca, Song
    Reserves: Tello, Adriano, Fontas, Sergi Roberto, Gerard, Marc Bartra, Thiago

    Looks delicious if you ask me.

    PS: Neymar on a free the year after
    PSS: Maybe I'm being optimistic about Dani's fee, but even if he left for free (no way that will happen) we'd still be ~40m in the red, not much more/less than our usual.
    Last edited by AvocadoCake; 27th February 2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Forgetting Xavi fml
    My blog: avocadocake.blogspot.com

    Pique:
    "Mourinho saying he broke Barša's dominance? I don't see it that way. When he arrived, Madrid were 3 points behind, now 15."
    Ray Hudson on Pedro:
    "Always one of my favorite players to watch. He's got his critics, don't know why..."
    Ray Hudson on Messi:
    "They tell me that all men are equal in god's eyes. This player makes you seriously think about those words."

  3. #18
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,470
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoCake View Post
    Aguero-Messi-Pedro
    Cesc-Busi-Ini
    Alba-Sakho-Pique-Montoya
    Courtois

    Out: VV (7m) - Wants to leave
    - Masch (14m) - Ughh
    - DV (14m) - It's time we let him go, make some money back.
    - Dani (25m) - It's over for him I think + Wouldn't shock me to see an Anzhi/Zenit make a huge bid for him.
    OUT TOTAL: +56m
    In: Sakho (16m) - Fallen out with Carlo, pure class from what I've seen.
    - Courtois (15m) - Speaks Spanish, good reflexes, won't be first choice keeper at Chelsea
    - Aguero (35m) - Aguero+Messi=Jizztastic
    - Richards (6m) - I think he has great potential, + he can play CB and can add pace when against counter attackers. Also, more defensive minded fullback, we need that once in a while. Could be cheap considering the Maicon+Zabaleta... But wait and see how he returns from injury
    IN TOTAL: -72m
    OVERALL TOTAL: -16m (well within our yearly budget, right? Can even afford more...)

    In from loan: Afellay (apart from injuries has been great for Schalke, could be a great bench player, if he wants more than that then sell him for 8-10m)
    Cuenca (In my opinion, our best young winger, more than Gerard and Tello, he's just SO intelligent)
    Fontas (straight out on loan again?)

    Out on loan: Alexis (Juve, 25m buyout - seems fair for what used to be a class player. Even better would be 5m straight up +20m for buyout)

    Bench: Pinto, Afellay, Richards, Thiago, Puyol, Cuenca, Song
    Reserves: Tello, Adriano, Fontas, Sergi Roberto, Gerard, Marc Bartra

    Looks delicious if you ask me.

    PS: Neymar on a free the year after
    PSS: Maybe I'm being optimistic about Dani's fee, but even if he left for free (no way that will happen) we'd still be ~40m in the red, not much more/less than our usual.
    Looks pretty good. I'd rather use Xavi (using Thiago to rest him more and more often) than Cesc though. Cesc should be rotated with Iniesta IMO.

    We should be able to pull it off without selling Alves (though I think Aguero would be a bit more expensive than your estimate). I don't think we should sell him, even if we make Montoya the starter, we do need depth. Maybe we should get a cheap defensive LB to replace Abidal (since he's getting old) to partner Alves, so we can alternate between Alves and Alba. Then again, Montoya can play at LB, so maybe we could just alternate between Alves/Montoya and Alba/Montoya.
    Last edited by darthvader7888; 27th February 2013 at 08:06 AM.

  4. #19
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,470
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oz187 View Post
    ---------------------Pinto----------------------
    ------------------------------------------------
    ------------ Pique ----------Puyol --------------
    Alves---------------------------------------Alba
    -----------Busquets---------Song---------------
    ------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------Messi ---------------------
    Tello--------------------------------------Alexis
    ----------------------Falcao --------------------

  5. #20
    Junior Member
    UberNjufer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    croatia
    Posts
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    --------DDG(ter stegen)--------
    -----pique----------puyol------
    alves(mon.)-------------alba(abi)
    ------------busquets------------
    ------thiago---------iniesta------
    messi----------------------pedro
    --------------villa--------------

  6. #21
    Member
    Barca8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  7. #22
    Member
    AvocadoCake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darthvader7888 View Post
    Looks pretty good. I'd rather use Xavi (using Thiago to rest him more and more often) than Cesc though. Cesc should be rotated with Iniesta IMO.

    We should be able to pull it off without selling Alves (though I think Aguero would be a bit more expensive than your estimate). I don't think we should sell him, even if we make Montoya the starter, we do need depth. Maybe we should get a cheap defensive LB to replace Abidal (since he's getting old) to partner Alves, so we can alternate between Alves and Alba. Then again, Montoya can play at LB, so maybe we could just alternate between Alves/Montoya and Alba/Montoya.
    That was a brain fart on my behalf, Xavi bench instead of Thiago, but Xavi's performances almost all of last season and as of late have been really disappointing. I was pretty mad when Cesc was subbed off before Xavi, Xavi did nothing. As for depth:
    LB - Alba, Abidal, Montoya, Adriano, Planas if need be
    RB- Montoya, Richards, Adriano

    Fullback depth seems pretty good from that list.

    As for Kun's price, how much do you think? I really wasn't sure considering Mancini criticised him on more than one occasion this season, yet last season he was phenomenal.
    My blog: avocadocake.blogspot.com

    Pique:
    "Mourinho saying he broke Barša's dominance? I don't see it that way. When he arrived, Madrid were 3 points behind, now 15."
    Ray Hudson on Pedro:
    "Always one of my favorite players to watch. He's got his critics, don't know why..."
    Ray Hudson on Messi:
    "They tell me that all men are equal in god's eyes. This player makes you seriously think about those words."

  8. #23
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,470
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, what we should do:

    Out:
    Valdes (5-10m)
    Afellay (10-15m)
    Alexis (25-30m (apparently, Juve are willing to pay that much. If not, 15-20m))
    Mascherano (15m)
    Villa (15-20m, if he wants to leave)
    Loan Muniesa (he needs playing time)

    Which gives us 70-90m if Villa wants to leave and Juve really are willing to pay that much for Alexis. Add that to our 50m budget and we get 120-140m.

    In:
    Hummels (30m)
    Ter Stegen/De Gea/Lloris/Courtois (about 20m)
    Aguero (50m)
    Marquinhos (10m?)
    Promote Deulofeu (maybe)

    Which will cost us 110m (which we will be able to pull off in the best case scenario). Aguero will give us another scoring option, plus he should work well with Messi. We all know we need a GK and CB, hence Hummels and one of the aforementioned GKs. Marquinhos is an exciting prospect and should provide depth and competition in defense. Plus, from what I've heard, he's fast, so we may even want to start him over Pique or Hummels in some matches (mainly ones against counter-attacking teams). IMO, this could also enable us to be strong defensively when playing both Alves and Alba.


    Our starting lineup should be:

    Lloris (he'd be the best IMO, but any of the 4 keepers I mentioned would be good)
    Alves/Montoya-Pique-Hummels-Alba/Abidal
    Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta
    Cuenca-Messi-Aguero

    We should alternate between Alves/Abidal (maybe even Alves/Montoya, as Montoya can play on the left) and Alba/Montoya as our fullback pairing.

    I'd also like to see a good amount of rotation, as well as changes to the lineup based on form and situation. Thiago especially should start playing more and more (and Xavi less). Btw, this is what our subs/reserves would look like:

    GK: Pinto
    CB: Bartra, Puyol, Marquinhos
    FB: Adriano
    CDM: Song
    CM: Thiago, Cesc
    Wings: Pedro, Tello, Villa (if he doesn't leave, but he will if we get another forward), Deulofeu

    Now that's what you call depth

    And Aguero could step in for Messi (or Cesc can step in at false 9) if anything happens to him. Or, if we need to ditch the false 9 for whatever reason (doesn't work in a certain match, etc, etc) we can put Messi on RW with Aguero in the center.
    Last edited by darthvader7888; 27th February 2013 at 08:09 PM.

  9. #24
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New GK (Pinto)
    Alba (Adriano) - Pique (Mascherano) - New CB (Puyol) - Alves (Montoya)
    Xavi (Cesc) - Busi (Song) - Iniesta (Thiago)
    Neymar (Pedro) - Messi - Tello (Sanchez)

    In:
    New GK
    New CB
    Neymar (or other world-class winger)

    Out:
    Valdes
    Villa

    What we get is a young squad for years to come while keeping Xavi and Puyol until they age.
    Last edited by Leo10; 27th February 2013 at 11:48 AM.

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    barcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realistically our board is cheap so don't expect Hummels, Ter Stegen, Aguero and Falcao all to come.

    Just want to see us try to resemble the Henry - Eto'o - Messi trident by again. I'd love for us to just buy Cavani. Splash the 40 mill.

    Keep Villa and play him LW. So Villa - Cavani - Messi. Get rid of Sanchez, call up Deulefeu. Rotate Deulofeu, Tello, Pedro with Villa and Cavani's spot. Cesc Iniesta Thiago Xavi all rotating for 2 spots, no more Iniesta on LW please.

    Get a proper defender, if not play Bartra until he proves to be a horrendous CB.

    Ideal:

    Villa - Cavani - Messi

    Iniesta - Busquets - Xavi

    Puyol - Bartra - Pique - Alves

    GOALIE.

  11. #26
    Member
    Barca8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darthvader7888 View Post
    IMO, what we should do:

    Out:
    Valdes (5-10m)
    Afellay (10-15m)
    Alexis (25-30m (apparently, Juve are willing to pay that much. If not, 15-20m))
    Mascherano (15m)
    Villa (15-20m, if he wants to leave)
    Loan Muniesa (he needs playing time)

    Which gives us 70-90m if Villa wants to leave and Juve really are willing to pay that much for Alexis. Add that to our 50m budget and we get 120-140m.

    In:
    Hummels (30m)
    Ter Stegen/De Gea/Lloris/Courtois (about 20m)
    Aguero (50m)
    Marquinhos (10m?)
    Promote Deulofeu (maybe)

    Which will cost us 110m (which we will be able to pull off in the best case scenario). Aguero will give us another scoring option, plus he should work well with Messi. We all know we need a GK and CB, hence Hummels and one of the aforementioned GKs. Marquinhos is an exciting prospect and should provide depth and competition in defense. Plus, from what I've heard, he's fast, so we may even want to start him over Pique or Hummels in some matches (mainly ones against counter-attacking teams). IMO, this could also enable us to be strong defensively when playing both Alves and Alba.


    Our starting lineup should be:

    Lloris (he'd be the best IMO, but any of the 4 keepers I mentioned would be good)
    Alves/Montoya-Pique-Hummels-Alba/Abidal
    Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta
    Cuenca-Messi-Aguero

    We should alternate between Alves/Abidal (maybe even Alves/Montoya, as Montoya can play on the left) and Alba/Montoya as our fullback pairing.

    I'd also like to see a good amount of rotation, as well as changes to the lineup based on form and situation. Thiago especially should start playing more and more (and Xavi less). Btw, this is what our subs/reserves would look like:

    GK: Pinto
    CB: Bartra, Puyol, Marquinhos
    FB: Adriano
    CDM: Song
    CM: Thiago, Cesc
    Wings: Pedro, Tello, Villa (if he doesn't leave, but he will if we get another forward), Deulofeu

    Now that's what you call depth

    And Aguero could step in for Messi (or Cesc can step in at false 9) if anything happens to him. Or, if we need to ditch the false 9 for whatever reason (doesn't work in a certain match, etc, etc) we can put Messi on RW with Aguero in the center.
    My thoughts exactly man. I would like to ditch the False 9 for a while and switch to it mid-match to surprise teams when neccessary.
    We need to be able to rotate our squad to fight fatigue. Our high pressing style does take a toll on the players (Xavi, Puyol)

    These need to be our primary targets this summer:
    GK: De Gea/Lloris/Courtois
    CB: Hummels/Marquinhos/Sakho
    FW: Aguero/Cavani

  12. #27
    Wild Man of Borneo
    DonAndres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darthvader7888 View Post
    IMO, what we should do:

    Out:
    Valdes (5-10m)
    Afellay (10-15m)
    Alexis (25-30m (apparently, Juve are willing to pay that much. If not, 15-20m))
    Mascherano (15m)
    Villa (15-20m, if he wants to leave)
    Loan Muniesa (he needs playing time)

    Which gives us 70-90m if Villa wants to leave and Juve really are willing to pay that much for Alexis. Add that to our 50m budget and we get 120-140m.

    In:
    Hummels (30m)
    Ter Stegen/De Gea/Lloris/Courtois (about 20m)
    Aguero (50m)
    Marquinhos (10m?)
    Promote Deulofeu (maybe)

    Which will cost us 110m (which we will be able to pull off in the best case scenario). Aguero will give us another scoring option, plus he should work well with Messi. We all know we need a GK and CB, hence Hummels and one of the aforementioned GKs. Marquinhos is an exciting prospect and should provide depth and competition in defense. Plus, from what I've heard, he's fast, so we may even want to start him over Pique or Hummels in some matches (mainly ones against counter-attacking teams). IMO, this could also enable us to be strong defensively when playing both Alves and Alba.


    Our starting lineup should be:

    Lloris (he'd be the best IMO, but any of the 4 keepers I mentioned would be good)
    Alves/Montoya-Pique-Hummels-Alba/Abidal
    Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta
    Cuenca-Messi-Aguero

    We should alternate between Alves/Abidal (maybe even Alves/Montoya, as Montoya can play on the left) and Alba/Montoya as our fullback pairing.

    I'd also like to see a good amount of rotation, as well as changes to the lineup based on form and situation. Thiago especially should start playing more and more (and Xavi less). Btw, this is what our subs/reserves would look like:

    GK: Pinto
    CB: Bartra, Puyol, Marquinhos
    FB: Adriano
    CDM: Song
    CM: Thiago, Cesc
    Wings: Pedro, Tello, Villa (if he doesn't leave, but he will if we get another forward), Deulofeu

    Now that's what you call depth

    And Aguero could step in for Messi (or Cesc can step in at false 9) if anything happens to him. Or, if we need to ditch the false 9 for whatever reason (doesn't work in a certain match, etc, etc) we can put Messi on RW with Aguero in the center.
    we aren't even gonna spend half that much. I doubt even Madrid would spend that much all in one summer. Be realistic about our transfer options
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    barcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca8 View Post
    My thoughts exactly man. I would like to ditch the False 9 for a while and switch to it mid-match to surprise teams when neccessary.
    We need to be able to rotate our squad to fight fatigue. Our high pressing style does take a toll on the players (Xavi, Puyol)

    These need to be our primary targets this summer:
    GK: De Gea/Lloris/Courtois
    CB: Hummels/Marquinhos/Sakho
    FW: Aguero/Cavani
    Would love these 3.

  14. #29
    Flavia
    Guest
    New GK/Pinto
    Alves/Montoya - Pique/Masch - NewCB/Puyol - Alba/Adriano
    Busquets/Song
    Xavi/Thiago - Iniesta/Cesc
    Pedro/Cuenca - Messi - Villa/Tello

    For the gk, I'd like Ter Stegen, Courtois or Lloris.
    New cb, Hummels, Subotic or Vertonghen.

    I hope Villa stays, though I doubt he will. The problem is not the players, but tactics. So I don't think many sigings will be made. Vv could even stay his last season, so a cb and a fw come, in case Villa really leaves. for the fw, Aguero would be nice, but I'd take Neymar.

  15. #30
    Member
    psychotsek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hellas
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruffier/Pinto

    Alves/Montoya--Pique/Bartra/MaschPuyol/Marquinos--Alba/Adriano

    Busquets/Song
    Xavi/Thiago--Iniesta/Joao Mountinho

    Pedro/Deulofeu--Messi/Cuenca--Aguero or Suarez/Tello