What should happen with Alexis in the summer?

What should happen with Alexis in the summer

• Keep playing him a lot and hope he find form.

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Sell him

Votes: 41 55.4%
  • Loan him

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Keep him at Barcelona but only as a sub and in Copa matches until he improves.

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters

Garrus

That's what we, or at least I, want from our wingers. Goals> workrate in my book. I mean, Messi is probably our most important player and in some games he walks around more than he runs but it's not too important because he still manages to score a brace.
Workrate is the primary and main job of our wingers, That's not a mere guess or a personal opinion of mine it more of a fact, Why do you think villa has been having a tough time getting in the line-up, If the coaching staff wanted goals from a winger there is no better place to look, And what about pedro, The guy couldn't score goals in months, Yet he didn't get dragged away from the main line-up, Because he's doing exactly what's he's supposed to do, So is sanchez.

Paganinisrvnge

Workrate is the primary and main job of our wingers, That's not a mere guess or a personal opinion of mine it more of a fact, Why do you think villa has been having a tough time getting in the line-up, If the coaching staff wanted goals from a winger there is no better place to look, And what about pedro, The guy couldn't score goals in months, Yet he didn't get dragged away from the main line-up, Because he's doing exactly what's he's supposed to do, So is sanchez.

Do you really want the team to completely rely on Messi for goals again?

In the last 2 Champions League winning campaigns, the entire front 3 scored a good amount of goals.

In the 2 recent semi-finals where Barcelona have been knocked out(vs Inter and vs Chelsea); the opponents were able to somewhat contain Messi and the other players did not capitalize enough.

I would love if Alexis could score because he definitely has shown potential and gets himself into lots of goalscoring positions. It's just that he can't finish to save his life and that cannot be allowed to happen in big matches anymore. He(along with Fabregas) missed several VERY good chances and Barcelona were knocked out.

Pepe Silvia

keep playing him as much as possible in the lesser games. see if he can establish some form of rhythm. if he can get a run of form going, the coaches should be optimistic about next year. we forked out mad cash for the guy, and he has shown glimpses, but if he can not show any kind of rhythm at la liga top flight, then it's best he be offloaded during summer.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Pedro is providing the workrate AND contributes to the attack. Alexis on the other hand manages to slow down or ruin most of the chances. Workrate is an important aspect of being a winger at barcelona but so is being useful on the ball. If he isn't scoring, assisting, or contributing greatly in anyway, he may as well be a false wing back. Also, the fact that Tello performs when given little playing time means that he can do better with less. All you're doing is assuming that he would do worse with more playing time. I don't see why Alexis is needed at all. In important games, we'll obviously use Pedro, Iniesta, and the primary wingers who are experienced. In the lesser games, the playing time should be given to the youngsters who can rotate with each other. With Alexis around, the youngsters just get less chances to improve and it stunts their development. I don't think he will be sold, maybe loaned if he manages to piss off the coaches enough.

Garrus

Do you really want the team to completely rely on Messi for goals again?

In the last 2 Champions League winning campaigns, the entire front 3 scored a good amount of goals.

In the 2 recent semi-finals where Barcelona have been knocked out(vs Inter and vs Chelsea); the opponents were able to somewhat contain Messi and the other players did not capitalize enough.

I would love if Alexis could score because he definitely has shown potential and gets himself into lots of goalscoring positions. It's just that he can't finish to save his life and that cannot be allowed to happen in big matches anymore. He(along with Fabregas) missed several VERY good chances and Barcelona were knocked out.
Parked buses are the exception not the rule, You don't build a style of play just to deal with with a a single or a couple of games you might face, We're having the best season in terms of goals, Not just about total, 16 different players got on the score sheet, And because of that we're miles ahead in the top of la liga, How do you explain the fact we're in the best season in terms of goals with apparently 2 incompetent wingers filling the line-up most of the time, Doesn't that sound a illogical, Is it really that far fetched to think that pedro and alexis are just doing what they're supposed to do, Tactically speaking, And the team as a whole is reaping the benefit, Messi is the first one that jumps into my mind.

If he isn't scoring, assisting, or contributing greatly in anyway, he may as well be a false wing back.
Another statement with no evidence to back it up.

Goals:
Pedro 5 goals in la liga, 0 in CL
Alexis 1 goal in la liga, 1 in CL

Assists:
Pedro 5 in la liga, 1 in CL
Alexis 3 in la liga, 1 in CL

Key passes:
Pedro 0.7 per game in la liga, 0.8 in CL
Alexis 1.3 in la liga, 1 in CL

Playing time:
Pedro 1743 minutes in la liga, 435 in CL
Alexis 893 in la liga, 272 in CL
Ops!

And again you chose to completely ignore my most important question on why alexis seems to get more playing time than tello, And pretend you never read it.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

Parked buses are the exception not the rule, You don't build a style of play just to deal with with a a single or a couple of games you might face, We're having the best season in terms of goals, Not just about total, 16 different players got on the score sheet, And because of that we're miles ahead in the top of la liga, How do you explain the fact we're in the best season in terms of goals with apparently 2 incompetent wingers filling the line-up most of the time, Doesn't that sound a illogical, Is it really that far fetched to think that pedro and alexis are just doing what they're supposed to do, Tactically speaking, And the team as a whole is reaping the benefit, Messi is the first one that jumps into my mind.

Another statement with no evidence to back it up.

Goals:
Pedro 5 goals in la liga, 0 in CL
Alexis 1 goal in la liga, 1 in CL

Assists:
Pedro 5 in la liga, 1 in CL
Alexis 3 in la liga, 1 in CL

Key passes:
Pedro 0.7 per game in la liga, 0.8 in CL
Alexis 1.3 in la liga, 1 in CL

Playing time:
Pedro 1743 minutes in la liga, 435 in CL
Alexis 893 in la liga, 272 in CL
Ops!

And again you chose to completely ignore my most important question on why alexis seems to get more playing time than tello, And pretend you never read it.

I promise you that teams will focus on Messi in the Champions League. It's the logical thing to do. If Alexis plays; he will be put in a position where it's his responsibility to SCORE. It's possible that Messi can be a superhero and be the only consistent goalscorer in the Champions League but the level of defenders is much higher and I think most people would feel much more at ease with someone who doesn't literally trip over their own feet in front of an open goal.

Garrus

I promise you that teams will focus on Messi in the Champions League. It's the logical thing to do. If Alexis plays; he will be put in a position where it's his responsibility to SCORE. It's possible that Messi can be a superhero and be the only consistent goalscorer in the Champions League but the level of defenders is much higher and I think most people would feel much more at ease with someone who doesn't literally trip over their own feet in front of an open goal.
If pep and tito wanted someone that they can rely on to score goals, They wouldn't have bought a player who his best season in terms of goals was 12, It's as simple as that.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Who said we agree with Pep and Tito on this issue? I don't know about everyone else, but I'm just voicing my own opinion here. Not to mention there's a difference between not scoring a lot of goals and missing tons of easy chances.

Edman

If pep and tito wanted someone that they can rely on to score goals, They wouldn't have bought a player who his best season in terms of goals was 12, It's as simple as that.
Are they infallible in your eyes?

Pep also bought Chygrinskiy, and he was keen on keeping him.
And what about Keirrison?

Last edited:

Garrus

Yet alexis is getting regular time until now, Even after pep left, Tito must be a delusional man with Alzheimer.
I'm getting tiresome arguing about this subject, In the end it's up to tito and coaching staff to decide what happens, And they know more about coaching than me or anyone in this forum as a matter of a fact.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yet alexis is getting regular time until now, Even after pep left, Tito must be a delusional man with Alzheimer.
I'm getting tiresome arguing about this subject, In the end it's up to tito and coaching staff to decide what happens, And they know more about coaching than me or anyone in this forum as a matter of a fact.

Stop hiding behind Tito when it suits your argument. You don't know what Tito thinks. Maybe he thinks he's rubbish but plays him because he was a big investment and we can afford to start him in unimportant matches. Hoping maybe, just maybe he turns a 180 and starts producing.
Maybe he thinks Tello is best thing since popcorn but doesn't want to play him because he likes to take it slow. I don't know.
If you do agree on every detail about management of the club then you should stop posting. I will keep the forum open though for those who like to use their own heads, have different opinion and discuss with other people.
Thanx.

barcanuck

I think if he doesn't dramatically improve his form between now and May he's a goner. I voted for him to stay but be a sub anyway I don't hate him just running out of patience.

Home of Barca Fans