Which CB would you sign for Barça?

Which CB would you sign?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

The press rumors of the candidates for a CB spot next season have started, and these are the names so far:
Mats Hummels, David Luiz, Iñigo Martinez, Marquinhos, Thomas Vermaelen, Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger, Dejan Lovren, Mamadou Sakho and Jan Vertonghen.

Which one would you sign for Barça, and why?

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I definitely don't want any young CBs, simply because we already have Bartra and Muniesa, both of whom are already familiar with our style and speak Spanish. Hummels is quite great, but I can see him costing a ton, so I went for Vermaelen. He's experienced, Arsenal love to sell to us, and he's a good defender.

SEvolution

Mamadou Sakho! Tall, Young and has the potential to be one of the best.

I don't want hummels at barca we will have to break the bank. He already has 5 yrs on this contract afaik

ShandyFFM

Mamadou Sakho would be very cool too but i dont think any player will leave psg after getting contract like top players have at barca.... we cant effort those player i guess

Micah

Hummels would be great, but not if he's starting along with Pique. They both lack pace and and we opt for a high defensive line, we could get thrashed in Counterattacks, one which we are already vulnerable for. We need a Defender with pace, and ThiagoSilva would have been the best thing to happen if had joined, if i was Rosell i'd have spent even 40quids on him. shame we didn't go for him.

Out of the lot mentioned, Marquinhos would be my choice, he's easily been one of the best young defenders in Europe this season. Though he lacks height(well atleast a tad taller than Mach) he's got the pace in him. Muniesa looks like someone who just might not make it, and with Puyol having got aleast another season in him, and also Mach. A promising youngster would be the ideal choice.

Hummels would be great, but not if he's starting along with Pique. They both lack pace and and we opt for a high defensive line, we could get thrashed in Counterattacks, one which we are already vulnerable for. We need a Defender with pace, and ThiagoSilva would have been the best thing to happen if had joined, if i was Rosell i'd have spent even 40quids on him. shame we didn't go for him.

Out of the lot mentioned, Marquinhos would be my choice, he's easily been one of the best young defenders in Europe this season. Though he lacks height(well atleast a tad taller than Mach) he's got the pace in him. Muniesa looks like someone who just might not make it, and with Puyol having got aleast another season in him, and also Mach. A promising youngster would be the ideal choice.

IMO, Marquinhos is too inexperienced to start for us. He could be a good backup (and maybe eventual starter) if we can get him cheap, though he would take playing time away from Bartra and Muniesa.

I say go for Hummels as our starting CB, despite his lack of speed. I can't think of any fast CB who's at least somewhat experienced who we can realistically get. Puyol rotating with Masch and Marquinhos for one more season could work though.

Last edited:

Yannick03

I think both Belgians could be a massive enforcement of our defence, I picked Vertonghen because he is the better technician and passer but defence wise they're probably equally strong.

Last edited:

barcanuck

Voted David Luiz because he looks like Puyol. Would be nice to have a successor in the same mold and one who will hopefully learn defense from Puyi.

Paganinisrvnge

Hummels for sure. IMO, getting an another attacking player is the last thing needed. A GK and a CB should be the top priorities. I would be pleased if the club decided to drop some cash on Hummels and a good young GK like Ter Stegen, De Gea, Courtois, etc. instead of bringing in Neymar and being cheap on the other 2 more important things.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Not really sure, but most of those players on the list I'd say no too. I think its about time we bought another fast, strong CB. Sakho is in that category, but he isn't worth the effort/money.

Home of Barca Fans