User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which CB would you sign?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mats Hummels

51 46.79%
  • David Luiz

8 7.34%
  • Iñigo Martínez

6 5.50%
  • Marquinhos

11 10.09%
  • Martin Skrtel

1 0.92%
  • Daniel Agger

0 0%
  • Dejan Lovren

0 0%
  • Mamadou Sakho

8 7.34%
  • Jan Vertonghen

13 11.93%
  • Thomas Vermaelen

3 2.75%
  • Other(Who?)

8 7.34%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Which CB would you sign for Barça?

Don_Andrés
    Quote Originally Posted by darthvader7888 View Post
    Kompany's having problems with Mancini right now apparently. Which is probably why he's being linked with a move out of City.
    There's no guarantee that Mancini will be there after the end of this season. Also Kompany's married to a Manchester girl. All these are problems which could prevent him from moving out of City. I think for this move to happen, Kompany has to make it known that he want's to move, then you have a negotiating position to work from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mancini will move before Kompany does imo. Vince is the captain of City and he has engaged himself behind the City project. He wants city to succeed and become a european force. That being said he would still be awesome for barça

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by footyfan View Post
    1:34 is Zabaleta
    2:42 is Zabaleta.
    5:03 is not even that bad

He got dicked around by Cristiano Ronaldo (who had a very good game and was on top form) while the current leader of our defence Piquenbauer gets dicked around every game by everyone.
    i can't argue that.

Messi+Eto
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursegor View Post
    I agree. He looked disappointing against Madrid in both games. In the first leg he ducked like a wimp for Ronaldo's winner. In the second leg he should have been easily sent off for kicking, grabbing and fouling Ronaldo all game. See here:

1:34 grabbing Ronaldo from behind on a counterattack - definite yellow
    2:05 gets beaten by Ronaldo twice
    2:42: completely messing up the offside trap
    5:03 pushing Ronaldo with his arms
    6:41: 100 % second yellow card, just blocking his path and pushing Ronaldo with his arms

If he did this in a Barca jersey we'd be calling for his head.

Of course I'd rather have Kompany than Vermaelen, David Luiz, Skrtel or other scrubs but he's not that great.

Barca should look for Mangala.

Lol. . . How does Zabaleta even look like Kompany?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kompany just scored an own goal.

He might be an even better for Barca than I thought
    'A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hummels may not be that fast but he is not near as slow as you guys make him out here and I dont understand why people aredoubting his physical strength he only destroyed Mario Gomez over and over again the last few seasons whilst Pepe and Sergio who were the so called best CB pairing in the world last year were getting manhandled by him in the semis. My doubts about him is that Hummels like most CBs around the world cannot control a back four

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also also what do you guys think of someone like Kaboul?, he is quick and strong in the air etc and a great season last year. been injured this season but will most certainly be paired with Vertonghen next year that is unless vertonghen leaves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursegor View Post
    Barca should look for Mangala.
    You know how buying players from Porto works, right?

His value could be 15m, but they are not going to sell him for less than 30m.
    I'm a firm believer that Sergi Roberto is the best player in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hummels is the best option for Barca, he is truly top class. He has the ability to stop skillful and speedy forwards, has a great technique of takkling, very good in the air, good positioning, good passing, ball control and very calm. He is what Barca needs. IMO he is the answer to Barca's defensive problems.

Wild Man of Borneo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesu View Post
    Hummels is the best option for Barca, he is truly top class. He has the ability to stop skillful and speedy forwards, has a great technique of takkling, very good in the air, good positioning, good passing, ball control and very calm. He is what Barca needs. IMO he is the answer to Barca's defensive problems.
    Don't buy into all the Hummels hype. He's good, but not THAT good. I'd say his strengths are the same as Pique except he has FAR more aerial prowess than his Catalan counterpart. Plus he's rather slow, not a really hard working defender, not many leadership qualities, and not that amazing defensively either. Having 2 Pique-style defenders will make our defense unorganized, undisciplined, and passive. The defender we buy should be more in the mold of Puyol.
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

Frejsgodes
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAndres View Post
    Don't buy into all the Hummels hype. He's good, but not THAT good. I'd say his strengths are the same as Pique except he has FAR more aerial prowess than his Catalan counterpart. Plus he's rather slow, not a really hard working defender, not many leadership qualities, and not that amazing defensively either. Having 2 Pique-style defenders will make our defense unorganized, undisciplined, and passive. The defender we buy should be more in the mold of Puyol.
    Martinez or Marquinhos it is then.

ze special one
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darthvader7888 View Post
    Kompany's having problems with Mancini right now apparently. Which is probably why he's being linked with a move out of City.
    Can't blame him. Mancini's defensive plan has been horrendous this season.the sooner they kick him out the better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumour has it Vasco de Gama is pimping Dedé all over Europe. Tall, fairly fast, with Puyol-like strength when facing opponents...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnid View Post
    Rumour has it Vasco de Gama is pimping Dedé all over Europe. Tall, fairly fast, with Puyol-like strength when facing opponents...
    Buying two south americans who never played in Europe before in a same summer - that's what I call YOLO.
    I'm a firm believer that Sergi Roberto is the best player in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by desoe View Post
    Buying two south americans who never played in Europe before in a same summer - that's what I call YOLO.
    It's not like the Brazilian league is particularly weak. Plenty of Brazilian rookies have been successful lately, like Oscar, or Lucas Moura.