User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which CB would you sign?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mats Hummels

51 46.79%
  • David Luiz

8 7.34%
  • Iñigo Martínez

6 5.50%
  • Marquinhos

11 10.09%
  • Martin Skrtel

1 0.92%
  • Daniel Agger

0 0%
  • Dejan Lovren

0 0%
  • Mamadou Sakho

8 7.34%
  • Jan Vertonghen

13 11.93%
  • Thomas Vermaelen

3 2.75%
  • Other(Who?)

8 7.34%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which CB would you sign for Barça?

Flavia

Which CB would you sign for Barça?

The press rumors of the candidates for a CB spot next season have started, and these are the names so far:
    Mats Hummels, David Luiz, Iñigo Martinez, Marquinhos, Thomas Vermaelen, Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger, Dejan Lovren, Mamadou Sakho and Jan Vertonghen.

Which one would you sign for Barça, and why?

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely don't want any young CBs, simply because we already have Bartra and Muniesa, both of whom are already familiar with our style and speak Spanish. Hummels is quite great, but I can see him costing a ton, so I went for Vermaelen. He's experienced, Arsenal love to sell to us, and he's a good defender.
    exactly what we Flamineeded

I can't feel ma face!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go with Hector Moreno.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrmecophile View Post
    Cesc will only ever be our 3rd best #4 after Pep and Rafa tbf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha cause your mexican too mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i go with neven subotic from borussia dortmund... imo hes better than hummels and even better for us

Hi, its me..
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i went with hummels although if we were gonna get him.. last year made more sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mamadou Sakho! Tall, Young and has the potential to be one of the best.

I don't want hummels at barca we will have to break the bank. He already has 5 yrs on this contract afaik
    Football is a simple game. It’s just very hard to play it simple. -Johan Cruyff

“Messi can play anywhere.. Even in water.” -Van Basten

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mamadou Sakho would be very cool too but i dont think any player will leave psg after getting contract like top players have at barca.... we cant effort those player i guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hummels would be great, but not if he's starting along with Pique. They both lack pace and and we opt for a high defensive line, we could get thrashed in Counterattacks, one which we are already vulnerable for. We need a Defender with pace, and ThiagoSilva would have been the best thing to happen if had joined, if i was Rosell i'd have spent even 40quids on him. shame we didn't go for him.

Out of the lot mentioned, Marquinhos would be my choice, he's easily been one of the best young defenders in Europe this season. Though he lacks height(well atleast a tad taller than Mach) he's got the pace in him. Muniesa looks like someone who just might not make it, and with Puyol having got aleast another season in him, and also Mach. A promising youngster would be the ideal choice.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Hummels would be great, but not if he's starting along with Pique. They both lack pace and and we opt for a high defensive line, we could get thrashed in Counterattacks, one which we are already vulnerable for. We need a Defender with pace, and ThiagoSilva would have been the best thing to happen if had joined, if i was Rosell i'd have spent even 40quids on him. shame we didn't go for him.

Out of the lot mentioned, Marquinhos would be my choice, he's easily been one of the best young defenders in Europe this season. Though he lacks height(well atleast a tad taller than Mach) he's got the pace in him. Muniesa looks like someone who just might not make it, and with Puyol having got aleast another season in him, and also Mach. A promising youngster would be the ideal choice.
    IMO, Marquinhos is too inexperienced to start for us. He could be a good backup (and maybe eventual starter) if we can get him cheap, though he would take playing time away from Bartra and Muniesa.

I say go for Hummels as our starting CB, despite his lack of speed. I can't think of any fast CB who's at least somewhat experienced who we can realistically get. Puyol rotating with Masch and Marquinhos for one more season could work though.
    Last edited by darthvader7888; 15th February 2013 at 06:41 PM.

Killahead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hummels all the way. Sakho is a bit overrated.
    There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think both Belgians could be a massive enforcement of our defence, I picked Vertonghen because he is the better technician and passer but defence wise they're probably equally strong.
    Last edited by Yannick03; 15th February 2013 at 06:59 PM.
    Who is the best player in the world ? Lionel messi
    Who is the best player ever ? Lionel Messi
    Ipse dixit Arsène Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voted David Luiz because he looks like Puyol. Would be nice to have a successor in the same mold and one who will hopefully learn defense from Puyi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hummels for sure. IMO, getting an another attacking player is the last thing needed. A GK and a CB should be the top priorities. I would be pleased if the club decided to drop some cash on Hummels and a good young GK like Ter Stegen, De Gea, Courtois, etc. instead of bringing in Neymar and being cheap on the other 2 more important things.

Monster Masch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really sure, but most of those players on the list I'd say no too. I think its about time we bought another fast, strong CB. Sakho is in that category, but he isn't worth the effort/money.