Hans Krankl

dostoevskij

First thread and its about a fellow countrymen, that cant be good... ;)

But he had his 50th Birthday yesterday and i suppose he earns a spot here. Only played more or less one season at Barca, but what a season. Won the Pichichi in his first season with 29 goals in just 30 games. His most important goal for the Blaugrana was this i guess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uBu4uaKwtk.

whatever he has done after his career, as a player he was a legend!!!!!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Seasons at club: 2 (1978-80)
- Appearances: 88
- Goals: 64

HANSI_KRANKL.JPG

Krankl was an archetypal centre forward who was always in the right place and took advantage of nearly every chance that came his way. His famous left foot could produce an incredible shot. In his first year with Barça he produced some memorable displays and scored a variety of goals.

In May 1979 he was offered the support of the fans after he was involved in a traffic accident that saw his wife badly injured, but fortunately she survived and recovered. A few days later he helped the club to win the European Cup Winners' Cup in Basel. Krankl thanked everyone and admitted that he identified with Catalunya as if he was a Catalan.

Short moustache, golden chain. All that's missing is a mullet. God I love the 80s.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Seasons at club: 2 (1978-80)
- Appearances: 88
- Goals: 64

HANSI_KRANKL.JPG

Short moustache, golden chain. All that's missing is a mullet. God I love the 80s.

Wow, I hadn't heard of this guy... But 64 goals in 88 games is a very good return...

Home of Barca Fans