User Tag List

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 802

Thread: Diego Costa

  1. #751
    Member
    Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    296
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's good for the next 18 years.

  2. #752
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,517
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Diego Costa to Everton on loan before Atletico move in Jan

  3. #753
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    11,225
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #754
    Killahead
    Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,000
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too bad Pepe is no longer around
    There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised!

  5. #755
    Member
    MessiTHEgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    332
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ATM are going to be dangerous this season as usual, vitolo and now costa.
    I saw a lot of people understimate them claiming they are just a parking bus team but they've got some of the best players in the world (oblack, godin, luis, juanfran, saul, koke , carrasco, greiz ect) feel too bad for them they lost ucl final twice even tho they were the better team.
    Last edited by MessiTHEgoat; 21st September 2017 at 08:16 PM.

  6. #756
    Senior Member
    mark1nhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
    Posts
    1,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MessiTHEgoat View Post
    ATM are going to be dangerous this season as usual, vitolo and now costa.
    I saw a lot of people understimate them claiming they are just a parking bus team but they've got some of the best players in the world (oblack, godin, luis, juanfran, saul, koke , carrasco, greiz ect) feel too bad for them they lost ucl final twice even tho they were the better them.
    Agree. ATM has some TOP10 (and even TOP5) players in their respective positions. Add Simeone to the equation together with their hunger and we have a dangerous opponent.

  7. #757
    Blue Blooded Aussie
    antonnn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,006
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £53m too. Atleti originally didn't want to pay a cent over 30, and now for a guy who gonna be 30 within a year from the transfer, we get 53. Not bad.

  8. #758
    Scandinavian 101
    Deco 20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,654
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antonnn View Post
    £53m too. Atleti originally didn't want to pay a cent over 30, and now for a guy who gonna be 30 within a year from the transfer, we get 53. Not bad.
    And that for a player the manager doesn't even want to talk to

  9. #759
    Senior Member
    BarçaBarça's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,811
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antonnn View Post
    £53m too. Atleti originally didn't want to pay a cent over 30, and now for a guy who gonna be 30 within a year from the transfer, we get 53. Not bad.
    I even saw sources report a 66M€ fee. We Barca-fans always smash our board for buying too expensive (and sell too cheap), but this is bad business on Atleticos part - what alternative did you guys in Chelsea have? But then again, you are notoriously good at earning huge fees for your unwanted players.

  10. #760
    Senior Member
    Xaviniesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    I even saw sources report a 66M€ fee. We Barca-fans always smash our board for buying too expensive (and sell too cheap), but this is bad business on Atleticos part - what alternative did you guys in Chelsea have? But then again, you are notoriously good at earning huge fees for your unwanted players.
    Bad business for them but I think Atletico had in mind that they were going to sell Griezmann eventually, so they'll probably use some of that money to cover Costa's fee

  11. #761
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    I even saw sources report a 66M€ fee. We Barca-fans always smash our board for buying too expensive (and sell too cheap), but this is bad business on Atleticos part - what alternative did you guys in Chelsea have? But then again, you are notoriously good at earning huge fees for your unwanted players.
    Chelsea have sold plenty players far too cheaply.

  12. #762
    Senior Member
    BarçaBarça's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,811
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Chelsea have sold plenty players far too cheaply.
    They have offloaded players they should have kept, that is for sure. But in general they have also earned a lot of money on players that genuinely didn't have a spot in their team.

  13. #763
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    They have offloaded players they should have kept, that is for sure. But in general they have also earned a lot of money on players that genuinely didn't have a spot in their team.
    A few Brazilians to China aside they have not done all that great in selling players.

    Likes of KDB, Lukaku, Cech, Bertrand, Sturridge, Matic twice have all gone for too little.

  14. #764
    Senior Member
    BarçaBarça's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,811
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    A few Brazilians to China aside they have not done all that great in selling players.

    Likes of KDB, Lukaku, Cech, Bertrand, Sturridge, Matic twice have all gone for too little.
    Cech went for more than we bought Ter Stegen for. That is a good price to get for your goalkeeper, who you don't want in your team anymore.
    Matic to United for 44M€ was also a good deal for everyone, imo. Bertrand and Sturridge, I'm not sure that is particularly bad business, but obviously Lukaku and KDB were great mistakes not to keep.

    On the other hand 66M for Costa, who had his head in Atletico and was persona non grata in Chelsea - I count that as a very good deal for them. They have already got back more than what they paid for Zouma, even though he isn't playing for them, and isn't sold just that - also good business. And to make David Luiz the world most expensive CB at the time was also quite an accomplishment, tbh.

  15. #765
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    Cech went for more than we bought Ter Stegen for. That is a good price to get for your goalkeeper, who you don't want in your team anymore.
    Matic to United for 44M€ was also a good deal for everyone, imo. Bertrand and Sturridge, I'm not sure that is particularly bad business, but obviously Lukaku and KDB were great mistakes not to keep.

    On the other hand 66M for Costa, who had his head in Atletico and was persona non grata in Chelsea - I count that as a very good deal for them. They have already got back more than what they paid for Zouma, even though he isn't playing for them, and isn't sold just that - also good business. And to make David Luiz the world most expensive CB at the time was also quite an accomplishment, tbh.
    Can add Mo Salaha to it as well.

    I doubt there is a club that have sold on players who have then moved for bigger money than Chelsea have.

    Bertrand and Sturridge went far too cheaply.

    Ter Stegen has been a bargain deal not sure how that is relevant to Cech.

    Bravo went for a lot more than Cech and had never played in EPL.