Diego Costa

Paul

He's good for the next 18 years.
Instagram-Diego-Costa-480cb3.png

MessiTHEgoat

ATM are going to be dangerous this season as usual, vitolo and now costa.
I saw a lot of people understimate them claiming they are just a parking bus team but they've got some of the best players in the world (oblack, godin, luis, juanfran, saul, koke , carrasco, greiz ect) feel too bad for them they lost ucl final twice even tho they were the better team.

Last edited:

mark1nhu

ATM are going to be dangerous this season as usual, vitolo and now costa.
I saw a lot of people understimate them claiming they are just a parking bus team but they've got some of the best players in the world (oblack, godin, luis, juanfran, saul, koke , carrasco, greiz ect) feel too bad for them they lost ucl final twice even tho they were the better them.

Agree. ATM has some TOP10 (and even TOP5) players in their respective positions. Add Simeone to the equation together with their hunger and we have a dangerous opponent.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
£53m too. Atleti originally didn't want to pay a cent over 30, and now for a guy who gonna be 30 within a year from the transfer, we get 53. Not bad.

BarçaBarça

£53m too. Atleti originally didn't want to pay a cent over 30, and now for a guy who gonna be 30 within a year from the transfer, we get 53. Not bad.

I even saw sources report a 66M€ fee. We Barca-fans always smash our board for buying too expensive (and sell too cheap), but this is bad business on Atleticos part - what alternative did you guys in Chelsea have? But then again, you are notoriously good at earning huge fees for your unwanted players.

Xaviniesta

I even saw sources report a 66M€ fee. We Barca-fans always smash our board for buying too expensive (and sell too cheap), but this is bad business on Atleticos part - what alternative did you guys in Chelsea have? But then again, you are notoriously good at earning huge fees for your unwanted players.

Bad business for them but I think Atletico had in mind that they were going to sell Griezmann eventually, so they'll probably use some of that money to cover Costa's fee

JamDav1982

Chelsea have sold plenty players far too cheaply.

JamDav1982

They have offloaded players they should have kept, that is for sure. But in general they have also earned a lot of money on players that genuinely didn't have a spot in their team.

A few Brazilians to China aside they have not done all that great in selling players.

Likes of KDB, Lukaku, Cech, Bertrand, Sturridge, Matic twice have all gone for too little.

BarçaBarça

A few Brazilians to China aside they have not done all that great in selling players.

Likes of KDB, Lukaku, Cech, Bertrand, Sturridge, Matic twice have all gone for too little.

Cech went for more than we bought Ter Stegen for. That is a good price to get for your goalkeeper, who you don't want in your team anymore.
Matic to United for 44M€ was also a good deal for everyone, imo. Bertrand and Sturridge, I'm not sure that is particularly bad business, but obviously Lukaku and KDB were great mistakes not to keep.

On the other hand 66M for Costa, who had his head in Atletico and was persona non grata in Chelsea - I count that as a very good deal for them. They have already got back more than what they paid for Zouma, even though he isn't playing for them, and isn't sold just that - also good business. And to make David Luiz the world most expensive CB at the time was also quite an accomplishment, tbh.

JamDav1982

Cech went for more than we bought Ter Stegen for. That is a good price to get for your goalkeeper, who you don't want in your team anymore.
Matic to United for 44M€ was also a good deal for everyone, imo. Bertrand and Sturridge, I'm not sure that is particularly bad business, but obviously Lukaku and KDB were great mistakes not to keep.

On the other hand 66M for Costa, who had his head in Atletico and was persona non grata in Chelsea - I count that as a very good deal for them. They have already got back more than what they paid for Zouma, even though he isn't playing for them, and isn't sold just that - also good business. And to make David Luiz the world most expensive CB at the time was also quite an accomplishment, tbh.

Can add Mo Salaha to it as well.

I doubt there is a club that have sold on players who have then moved for bigger money than Chelsea have.

Bertrand and Sturridge went far too cheaply.

Ter Stegen has been a bargain deal not sure how that is relevant to Cech.

Bravo went for a lot more than Cech and had never played in EPL.

Home of Barca Fans