Diego Costa

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
£76m, not bad for a 29 year old. We also still have the £60m from Oscar's sale to use as well.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I mean if those players want money that badly that they're willing to go into relative obscurity for it then we'll happily take stupidly high fees for them.

El Flaco

[tw]872588158432686080[/tw]

[tw]872585957958184960[/tw]

I saw an translation from the conversation elsewhere.

DC: The coach doesn't want me there. so im going to have to leave [for sure]

Reporter: Has he said why?/why?

DC: No. Seems like [he thinks] i had a poor season

R: Does he give any other explanation?

DC: No it was a simple message (?)

R: Simple message from Conte?

DC: Yes After all i have done there. Oh well I have to look for a team

Windhook

Conte's decision is personal, it has nothing to do with Diego Costa's performance this season, which I think was a good one.

Richard.H

Why did Conte all of a sudden decide he is not in their plans? I thought he had a good season. Attitude problems?

Windhook

Why did Conte all of a sudden decide he is not in their plans? I thought he had a good season. Attitude problems?

There were rumours of him leaving for China in January, fueled by a scandal between Conte's coaching staff and Costa during training session, after which he wasn't picked for some time. Also he had a dinner with Diego Simeone in November 2016, speculating a potential return to Atletico Madrid.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah just too much shit with Costa. And they weren't on good terms since January, basically they had a truce in order to win the PL and that's done. Costa wasn't the same player in the 2nd half of the season as the first. He behaved initially but he started acting up from January on and Conte won't take his shit.

Home of Barca Fans